harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Try it again with your two working fobs in quick succession. You don't need a battery in the new fob at all for it to pair successfully.
I got mine in today too and will try it this afternoon.
Sponsored

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I got lucky since Texas-E sold his car and sold his fob with the frunk button. The fob with cover is great. It took me twice to get it connected but it works great. I love having the option of hitting the fob and it opening the frunk. I don't use it much but I have it when I want to use it.

1675460147650.png

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got mine in today too and will try it this afternoon.
I just did it and worked perfectly. So excited to have this frunk button. Now I'll change out the back casing. Thanks!

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Huzzah, I got tired of waiting and picked up one of the $100 ebay Lightning ones. To anyone swapping out the hatchback button, if it doesn't quite fit it seems the Lightning key has ever so slightly smaller ones, I used a file to very lightly trim up the edges (of the button and the black frame) and it fits/clicks a bit better.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY: Key Fob with Frunk Button ! PXL_20230204_011638470

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Try it again with your two working fobs in quick succession. You don't need a battery in the new fob at all for it to pair successfully.
I did it a number of times without success. Car doors closed, fobs in the slot, buttons facing backwards, swapped as quickly as I could. Never saw anything on the screen that indicated it was working. I'll try it again.

I don't know how I can make sure the new fob even functions. I now have a new battery for it, so hopefully that can help too.

Thanks. {Jonathan}

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did it a number of times without success. Car doors closed, fobs in the slot, buttons facing backwards, swapped as quickly as I could. Never saw anything on the screen that indicated it was working. I'll try it again.

I don't know how I can make sure the new fob even functions. I now have a new battery for it, so hopefully that can help too.

Thanks. {Jonathan}
You can test the fob, even while in the car, by pressing the lock button and see if your doors lock. I even tested the frunk button from in the car and it opened my frunk.

I'm happy to help you through this over a video call if you think that would help.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can test the fob, even while in the car, by pressing the lock button and see if your doors lock. I even tested the frunk button from in the car and it opened my frunk.

I'm happy to help you through this over a video call if you think that would help.
Thanks. I meant how to test it before I get it programmed, to make sure it's functional at all. I really appreciate the offer, and may take you up on it. {Jonathan}

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SUCCESS!!! I tried it with the driver's door open, and perhaps more importantly, used my original second fob as Key 1 and my regular fob as Key 2. I also ONLY left the first two fobs in the slot for 5 seconds rather than longer.

THANK YOU ALL! {Jonathan}

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
So I bought the converted one on eBay with the right Frunk and trunk key and the Mustang on back. Worked perfectly only critique I would have is the Mustang on the back is the regular one not the MachE version. Other than that flawless. Easy to program and for me worth the premium for the customization.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I ordered one of the converted Lightning keys off of eBay. It’s supposed to arrive this weekend or next Monday. While I use PaaK, I think it’s a cool thing so I bought one, just to have it. 🤪🐩

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So I bought the converted one on eBay with the right Frunk and trunk key and the Mustang on back. Worked perfectly only critique I would have is the Mustang on the back is the regular one not the MachE version. Other than that flawless. Easy to program and for me worth the premium for the customization.
Mach-E fobs have actually come with both versions of the pony on the back. My original fob has the same silver pony.

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
Interesting 2022 has the striped Mustang logo, like the one projected on the ground. My 2017 GT had the solid silver.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Both of my 2021 Job 2 keys have the silver pony. 🤷‍♂️🐩

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Huh, my Lightning key came early. Programming using the steps in the manual didn’t work. Rapid-fire did. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY: Key Fob with Frunk Button ! 59E0F8B3-6D79-4680-8E4A-5F67E9FBDB2B

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY: Key Fob with Frunk Button ! 2950BFE1-B23B-4820-919A-D7BB47D10D1F

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
!!! UPDATE !!!

For starters, check the website linked in the first comment regularly, they restock that page whenever new keys come in. I checked one random morning about a week ago and it said there was ONE in stock. It was purchased that same morning before 7:48am EST.

Now on to the back of the key. You can pop the logo off by removing the blank and then just pulling with your finger. As others have mentioned, it really feels like you're about to crack it before it gives out. Just pull that sucker off from the very end, no tools needed.

And for the best part - I have discovered the 100% surefire method to programming this new key, and the procedure from Ford is WRONG. I will outline it here in very simple steps:

Prepare for the process by having all 3 keys on standby, I will number the keys with their description then refer to them later in the steps.

1. Original key fob programmed by Ford
2. Second key fob programmed by Ford
3. New (or used) key fob that is not yet programmed to work with your car

And now onto the 3 simple, fail-proof steps:

1. Sit in driver's seat with all doors closed and car off, key 1 in the center console slot, buttons facing rear of car (orientation up or down doesn't matter, but have buttons face rear), press the car's start button, no brake pedal, count to 5 (one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand), press start button again.

2. Very quickly, remove key 1 and replace with key 2, no counting, just swap those out quickly, and press start again, no brake pedal, and count to 5, press start button again. Just before you get to 5, you should've seen your door pass code displayed on the screen.

3. Very quickly, remove key 2 and replace with key 3, no counting, just swap those out quickly, and press start again. There will be all kinds of funky lights and turn signals galore and the screen will tell you that the key was programmed successfully. Done.
Will this process work if I only have 1 fob (job 1 2021)? I have all the software updates that enable the frunk.
Sponsored