First EV on your block or in the neighborhood?

Scorpy2643

First Name
Scorpy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD, 2018 F350 Platinum
Country flag
Yes. First person I knew to get a plug in hybrid, then first ev. My brother and father both bought an ev about 2 years after me. My sister got a plug in hybrid a few months after my ev. I still have the only ev in my neighborhood. that may be influenced by the fact my wife and I choose to live in a more frugal neighborhood than typical people in our income range do around here.
Sponsored

EffDeeEmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Radio Commercial Writer & Producer
Country flag
Multiple Teslas on my street and around my neighbourhood. And there's one F-150 Lightning. If there are any others, I haven't seen 'em.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
We were first on our block, first in the family, and maybe first in our city back in 2013 when we picked up a Focus Electric. (Although there are a lot of Ford employees in our city and thus there probably was a few with Focus Electric's at the same time as when we picked up ours--especially given that they were built right down the street from us.)

Of course our block is small and there hasn't been any EVs until we had a new neighbor move in this past month with an EV6. There was one house with a Fusion Energi but they didn't even plug it in LOL.

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
First in the neighborhood with the MME and second with the Lightning.
New neighbor moved in with a Tesla about 6 months ago (but he still charges using 110v).
In the last month 2 more MME's just around the block.
I also, have a push electric mower and plan on getting a snow blower for Michigan's upcoming non-construction season

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I live in rural California where everyone has at least 5 acres of land, so no neighborhood to speak of and I highly doubt anyone near me has an EV. My closest neighbor has a 21yo son who's friends drive by in their lifted diesels and blow their aftermarket train horns. I actually find it amusing and it reminds me of the crazy shit I did to my trucks when I was that age.

No one else in my family has an EV, including parents, grandparents, cousins, etc.
...yeah, the ratio of Bro-dozers to EVs is still tilted in favor of Bro-dozers here. It makes me happy when the price of gas goes up :cool:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
...yeah, the ratio of Bro-dozers to EVs is still tilted in favor of Bro-dozers here. It makes me happy when the price of gas goes up :cool:
LOL! My other SUV. 🤪🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E First EV on your block or in the neighborhood? IMG_3704

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
13 years ago I was the first EV at work, in my hood and in my family. All three of those caused lots of jokes. But here I am almost 14 years later, still turning electrons and taking shit for it. They can delve all the shit talking they want but truth is, it only died fully once, my fault for not paying attention to the remote start and leaving it running for nearly 45 minutes in 120* in my moms front yard in PHX. I however laugh nearly every time I ‘have’ to go to a gas station for any reason at all because of the situations I often find myself in.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
First EV on my block when I got my Bolt in 2017. I think 2 Teslas since then. When I got my Mach E, 2021, only one on the block with 2 EVs. Still hold that title. This year, replaced the Bolt with a Rivian, first and only EV truck on the block.

Hummer EV, coming soon!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes, I'm the only person in probably a two mile radius that has an EV (rural/conservative area). So it's extremely oddball still. Most days I don't see another EV. I'm part of the 0.1% of the population with an EV here. Almost everyone else has zero interest or believes crap about them.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Definitely first on the street, I’ve seen Tesla and even a Fisker in my neighborhood for years though.

EDIT: technically maybe I wasn’t the first, there was a BMW i8 on my street before I got my MME.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
My daughter was actually the first, she has a Honda hybrid bought a year before I even ordered my MME. I was next with the MME and my wife wanted a BEV so she now has a 23' Leaf.
The neighbors have been asking about our "fleet" and it has started to spread, the neighbors kid has a PHEV, his dad has had an ID4 on perpetual order (so he say's) and just recently the next culdesac over is home to two Teslas.
There is one guy with a Prius but nobody really likes him.
Next up for me will be either an E- harley, or possibly an E conversion of my 69 Mustang I recently came across and could not pass up

Tony

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not even close to the first being in the SF Bay Area.

In my little 11 house community we have 4 Teslas, one EV mini, one EV Hyundai.

My cousin drives a Volt.

Only 1 MME , mine.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
First on my street! Of course, I live on a dirt road with 2 homes on it, so that's not hard. 😁

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm the only one on my street (cul-de-sac, 4 homes) with an EV. Like Todd, my entire neighborhood consists of homes on 5+ acres so mostly a rural area and I've never seen another EV around here. As far as I know, I am one of 3 MME's in my entire city (population 5004). The general manager's wife of our Ford dealer has one and I have seen a cyber orange GT from time to time. We do have quite a few Tesla's but haven't seen any other EV's.

I'm the only one in my family (immediate and extended) that owns an EV. As far as friends (not counting the ones I've made on this forum), I have two that own MME's and 3 that own Tesla's.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Are you the first person on your block or in your neighborhood to purchase an EV? Or the first person in your circle of family and friends?

So here's the real question...If you are the EV pioneer of the block do you also find yourself playing the same mental game that I do these days called "Who's next?"?
Yes, yes and yes.

Our household has been the first and was the only for a very long time. Our first EV was not offered for sale, only a lease.

The first EV in our driveway with our name on the title was January 15, 1999. It was a Silver Honda EV Plus with a 3 year lease. They agreed to extend the lease twice, so we had the vehicle for two weeks shy of 5 years, but they would not extend our lease again and the car went to the crusher (it was working perfectly and had pleaded with Honda to let us keep driving it as long as it was safe). The image of it in Who Killed the Electric Car (about 12.5 mins in) was the last image I had of the car as it sat on the dealer lot on December 31, 2003. It still looked new.

The Honda dealer had loaned us one of his demo cars - a green Honda EV Plus in November of 1998 since there was a delay in our car coming in that we had ordered (ultimately it took 5 months to get after we were approved to get one of them). This car was among the first anywhere In the community I lived in at the time, but I would see GM EV1’s every week or two around LA.

We still drive our 2002 Rav4EV that we purchased new in the fall of 2002 also after a 5 month wait from when we ordered it.

I often went days or weeks without seeing another EV…but when one was spotted, there was an instant connection regardless of the manufacturer-but not in a neighbors driveway.

We have had at least one EV in our household since 2002. Today we have four of them. Three of them are a BEV and one PHEV (For the 4 of us). My wife has zero “muscle memory” for putting gas in a car as it has been over 21 years since she put gas in a car.

It was 2012 before the first neighbor in our community got an EV. On occasion I would see one parked in the neighborhood In 2011, but they were “just visiting”.

Now there are a few dozen in the community and many family and friends have one or more…but yes, I still play that game-and it has been almost 25 years now.
Sponsored