Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No way will I pay anything like $800/year for BC. I turn it on, but basically I “fight” with it, since it wants to steer to the right side of the lane. If I had the option of controlling where in the lane the car drives, I’d be a lot happier. As it currently is, all I really need is the ADCC and lane departure notifications. As long as Ford doesn’t charge subscriptions for those (or using the remote, or heated seats or …) I’ll be reasonably happy with the car -$800/yr.
Sponsored

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
In the last 15 months I estimate that I have used BC for roughly 10,000 actual miles of boring I5 driving from So. Cal. to Northern Cal. and back. It made those trips tolerable. I believe I notice less ping ponging in BC. Maybe it just feels that way.

Anyway, $800 a year is insane. At 10 years and $8000 later, i am expecting for Tesla level Autopilot with Nav, Traffic signal recognition, etc… not just lane change and lane adjustment so that I am not ticking every trucker on the road.
So, in 21 months, we’ll see if BC has developed enough to invest $800 a year.

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
roundtrip flight to Europe or not touching a steering wheel for part way for a fraction of my day trips...um right. I'm still saying I would've been happy with a box/battery/engine just to ditch gas....800 bucks guess there goes that gas savings.

Bobobobob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’ve been on this forum for a few years now. I like to learn about updates (or lack thereof), read the silly debates and I’ll ask an occasional question.

This is the first time I feel compelled to say WTF Ford?! $800 for a half baked, ping ponging, right lane line hugging, no curve taking driver assist? Good luck with that.

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I live in Alberta where roughly 400 of our miles are mapped for blue cruise. I wouldn’t pay $8 a year yet alone $800!

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag

ldtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ford is out of its mind. Some market researcher is going to get fired for this looney idea.

Hopefully, they’ll return the price to something reasonable like $200/yr when literally no one pays for BC.

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
What other features are up for subscription? This is the first time I've heard about this. I don't like the way it stays too close to other cars and twice it's swerved into another lane. Seems like I'm always fighting it. Maybe finally time to turn it off.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
What other features are up for subscription? This is the first time I've heard about this. I don't like the way it stays too close to other cars and twice it's swerved into another lane. Seems like I'm always fighting it. Maybe finally time to turn it off.
Technically four other features: Alexa, Ford nav, blue oval charging network and Ford streaming. Wouldn’t pay a penny for any of them.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Technically four other features: Alexa, Ford nav, blue oval charging network and Ford streaming. Wouldn’t pay a penny for any of them.
For my 2023, the Ford Streaming didn't last long, maybe a 30 day trial? I didn't use it or renew it. The rest have a three year trial, so we'll see what we keep. Alexa is interesting, but overlaps with Siri. It's sometimes better and will answer questions Siri won't because I'm in the car. I think I'd only use the Ford Nav if I wanted pre-conditioning, but I'm unlikely to road trip this car. Blue Oval... I still have 167 free kWh... (see not road tripping above.)

And of course, Blue Cruise. :)

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
Can't even imagine what Ford Streaming is. Haven't charged the MME anywhere but at home. 200+ miles gets me 90% of my travels. For longer, it's the ICE pickup. Alexa is mainly used at home for timing spaghetti. Ford Nav? I have to pay for Nav? Not just map updates? Looks like my last Ford, but at 77, it's just another item for my LAST List (dog, refrigerator, etc).

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
For my 2023, the Ford Streaming didn't last long, maybe a 30 day trial? I didn't use it or renew it. The rest have a three year trial, so we'll see what we keep. Alexa is interesting, but overlaps with Siri. It's sometimes better and will answer questions Siri won't because I'm in the car. I think I'd only use the Ford Nav if I wanted pre-conditioning, but I'm unlikely to road trip this car. Blue Oval... I still have 167 free kWh... (see not road tripping above.)

The entire offering is a patchwork of disconnected solutions meant to mimic Tesla’s Premium subscription. But given we have CarPlay, we don’t need Nav, Streaming, or Alexa. I’ve used Blue Oval’s complimentary 250 kWh then turned it off. I charge exclusively on DCFC and have a subscription with EVgo and ChargePoint, so don’t need Blue Oval (which doesn’t recognise my subscriptions).

Sponsored