Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 3500, GMC 2500, Subaru, soon a Mache GT
Occupation
garage door installer
Country flag
My only real disappointment with this car is the app. I have had all the same problems as you guys have mentioned, why can't it update in real time? It is hours between updates and the home screen and charge screen never match.
Sponsored

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My only real disappointment with this car is the app. I have had all the same problems as you guys have mentioned, why can't it update in real time? It is hours between updates and the home screen and charge screen never match.
For me that has started in more recent releases 4.17 for sure 100%.
It is getting buggier with each release. The quality team needs to step it up. @Ford Motor Company is silent on these discussions. I get DMs on other reported issues but nothing on the App issues. :(

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I should've read through this thread before updating. Normally I wait a while before updating, but I wanted to update all my apps before iOS 15.6 and just pressed update all. Yep, my home page battery display stopped updating like it did many versions ago.

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Update: two days later the Fordpass App is in sync : Home tab vs vehicle. I did nothing to correct the problem, it just resolved itself. Weird, but not unexpected considering how bad the design and management of this app is. :cool:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Update: two days later the Fordpass App is in sync : Home tab vs vehicle. I did nothing to correct the problem, it just resolved itself. Weird, but not unexpected considering how bad the design and management of this app is. :cool:
Give it a bit. It wall fall out of sync again.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm having the same issue. I got the downloaded Recall Fix and I also took it in for the 10K mile service. Now the car wants to charge to 100% (see file 2022-07-25-14-13-36_Charge_Settings.jpg) instead of the desired 90%. I have the settings set for Home and 90%. The car is currently charging and it shows it is at "Charging at Home" but the "Target charge level" is 100% (see file 2022-07-25-14-16-10_Charging.jpg).

Why can't Ford leave the settings alone? After a previous update the car would not stay stopped when I came to a stop and took my foot off of the brake pedal. It had done that until a new update was loaded and then I had to go back in and change the setting.

After another update WHILE I WAS DRIVING the Navigation System went blank and then showed me over a half-mile away where I was at the time. I was driving in Las Vegas and trying to find my destination when the Nav System said I was in the middle of a Golf Course instead of on I-215.

Very annoying
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.18.0 now available 2022-07-25-14-13-36_Charge_Settings
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.18.0 now available 2022-07-25-14-16-10_Chargin

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
After another update WHILE I WAS DRIVING the Navigation System went blank and then showed me over a half-mile away where I was at the time. I was driving in Las Vegas and trying to find my destination when the Nav System said I was in the middle of a Golf Course instead of on I-215.

Very annoying
FYI - that issue is not related to an update. It has happened with my navigation system also - it showed me in the middle of a residential neighborhood when I was traveling 75 mph down I95. It kept detecting the 25 mph speed limit in that neighborhood and causing my car to slam on the breaks. I turned that feature off, of course.

Others have reported the same issue. Once you stop the car and turn it of, it eventually gets back to normal.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
4.18.1 update is out on the App Store. Update notes do not look promising for us Mach-E owners.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.18.0 now available F2D0CD2B-AE51-4A42-A2A3-E1E168539102

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm having the same issue. I
You will need to set up your charging locations again. Some OTAs update a module or module that contain that information. Check your recent charge locations in the car and use the one that most closely resembles your home and set it ip again.

As for the car not holding the brakes, tgsts a setting as as well. You’ve probably already flipped the switch on that to turn it back on.

It’s annoying but nothing was broken (at least in these two areas) by the update.

Last edited: