Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same same. Had to remove/reinstall app. In car (yes sit in car switched on) in an open area. In settings on car reset FordPass key (not full reset) to clear everything related. On phone with reinstalled app set up phone as key. Be sure to follow all instructions especially backup and door codes.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What does this version break? Enquiring minds would like to know. ;)
Then we wait and then read on. I finally got 3.27 working like 90 and then well there you go. ?‍♂ I may enjoy 3.27 for a bit longer. Mine never crashes so not all setups are the same.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
forced(as usual via Play Store) 3.28. Dealer button (totally useless) is only change. Not up long enough to experience faults.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Overall the user interface is pretty clunky - but that's all I want is to be able to swipe left on the messages to delete them. I know, such a small thing...
I've got a phantom unread message in mine that just won't go away. There is always at least a red "1" indicator there telling me there's an unread message, but there really isn't an unread message. Weird, but I'm just used to it after a few months.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Is the "manage latest alert" option under SecuriAlert new? I don't remember seeing it before.

Also, although my schedule still works, it no longer shows up under scheduler.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Is the "manage latest alert" option under SecuriAlert new? I don't remember seeing it before.

Yes. I think it’s new.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've got a phantom unread message in mine that just won't go away. There is always at least a red "1" indicator there telling me there's an unread message, but there really isn't an unread message. Weird, but I'm just used to it after a few months.
Then one day it just disappears and you miss it ;).
Had this once it usually syncs but start the vehicle change the schedule and then back again (if you want what you had) may speed up the sync? Your car maybe just sleeping and needs waking up? Can't remember been trying so many tweaks pampering this setup. It has personality. It should come back and not too much of a worry I think.

ralcar

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Rookie numbers, i have twice as many hidden messages as you!! =)

Terje

First Name
Terje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E LR AWD m/tekno+ Infinity Blue
Country flag
I have struggled with the ford app with it stopping, closing and the car not finding the key
Now I think I have found a possible solution, so that the app can work in the background without having to open it every time. It also does not seem to have an abnormal amount of current. I have a Samsung S21 +, went into "settings", then to "battery-my-device management", then to "battery" and then to "background usage limit" and finally "apps never in sleep mode". There I removed several apps that I did not use and that did not go to sleep and then I pressed the "+" sign and added the ford app.
Now the key symbol of the ford app is at the top of the phone, and I can now leave it there in the background and it works great. If you have problems with the key on your mobile, try this

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
One thing I noticed yesterday is that my PAAK worked better. Usually, I would get to my driver door and wait a second or 2 for the handshake and the button to light up. Yesterday on two occasions, the car lit up as i approached about 5 to 10 feet away (similar to with the key fob). I think this is the first time it happened. Also, it seemed to oddly turn on faster when approaching the car from the rear on passenger side. I will monitor again over the next few days.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
App has used 15% of my battery after three and half hours. Battery drain issue still not fixed for me.
Hello @Ford Motor Company , anyone home?

thanks for noting actual use.....
I doubt I will update until there is progress on this issue specifically.

are you following this Thread @Ford Motor Company?
we want the battery use reduced, and re-connection on approach quicker....
AND specific release notes so we know what's fixed in each release.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Same same. Had to remove/reinstall app. In car (yes sit in car switched on) in an open area. In settings on car reset FordPass key (not full reset) to clear everything related. On phone with reinstalled app set up phone as key. Be sure to follow all instructions especially backup and door codes.
considering the difficulty I had installing FordPass initially, I will not be doing an remove/reinstall..... and will only 'update' once I hear that the battery drain issue has been addressed. until then, I'll stick w current release and 'force stop' the app when I'm not driving.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
So far, at least, I would say the battery drain is better on my Pixel 5. I turned the background use restrictions back off and re-enabled the PAAK notification. After almost three hours, my phone is only down about 22%. In previous cases, I would have been near dead after three hours. I'm going to give it some time, but it sure is nice to actually walk up to the car and get right in.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One thing I noticed yesterday is that my PAAK worked better. Usually, I would get to my driver door and wait a second or 2 for the handshake and the button to light up. Yesterday on two occasions, the car lit up as i approached about 5 to 10 feet away (similar to with the key fob). I think this is the first time it happened. Also, it seemed to oddly turn on faster when approaching the car from the rear on passenger side. I will monitor again over the next few days.
Thanks this type of observation is appreciated. Phone type? Guess it was not lighting up for you much on approach before if you were standing beside the door for 2 seconds. I have found as 3.27 settled down it has start working better also and has been good this past week? Just toke the 1/2 hour to get carplay booting and functioning adequately on that release. Guess i may guinea pig again.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
So far, at least, I would say the battery drain is better on my Pixel 5. I turned the background use restrictions back off and re-enabled the PAAK notification. After almost three hours, my phone is only down about 22%. In previous cases, I would have been near dead after three hours. I'm going to give it some time, but it sure is nice to actually walk up to the car and get right in.
Are you saying Fordpass used 22% of your battery after 3 hours? If so, that is crazy high.

I'm on a Pixel 5 as well, yesterday after about 8.5 hours it used 3% of my battery which isn't bad at all. Today is the first full day using PaaK again (left the fob at home). So far so good. Usually I have a hard time getting the door to open first thing in the morning from home. This time I pressed button to open the door, heard the usual clicks when it wakes up, then 2-3 seconds later pressed it again and it worked. Start button worked right after that.
Sponsored