Frunk Open Button (via App) Update

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I updated the RFA and the BCM today, but still no dice with getting the frunk to open via the app (the option to open the frunk from the app came with the BCM update).

On the plus side, it appears that PaaK is much more reliable with my unsupported device; as in, it actually works 100% of the time now, instead of like 5%. Fingers crossed it stays that way...
Sponsored

thamhle

First Name
tle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Took my Select AWD in for the PAAK update and after it was done, noticed a Front Trunk button in the app next to my Trunk Release button. Tried it out. …so close. Lol

F317264C-CDCE-4855-8FB9-F1DC7A51758F.jpeg
Is this update done at the dealership?

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Funny or sad thing is, I have no bandwidth to play with PaaK and things I have put in the frunk are essentially Lost until I happen to remember I put them there. Wish I had time to play with these features but it is a full time job keeping up with what Apple is doing with my I-12 phone so that it will ring and notify me when I want it to instead of when it wants to get my attention. Love the Mustang Mach E but hope they won't MOVE the AC controls or anything important that I will have to relearn. I am too OLD for that. Got her on April 1 and just this week, I found the original factory lock code that the dealer had no idea where to get. If I get an hour or two with nothing else to do, I could try to set up the two pass codes to enter the car and drive without a key or a phone.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
things I have put in the frunk are essentially Lost until I happen to remember I put them there.
just this week, I found the original factory lock code that the dealer had no idea where to get.
You found the lock code inside the frunk, right where you'd left it, right? ?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
How the heck did they not use the word "Frunk" on the App? Did Tesla patent that? Also since I'm not a techie; how do you know what version of the App your running? My App not showing this.
Tesla can have it. Ford should just call it hood release. Maybe in England they could say 'bonnet'.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The ford pass app needs a widget to control from home screen :'O TT
Last year I created shortcuts for my GT500 then added widgets on my home screen for lock/unlock and start. I have since added more and just gave it its own screen. Then did the same thing for the Mach-E. It's easier to use these widgets since you don't have to open the Ford Pass app and they are also on my Apple Watch. Even though I created these screens on my phone, I really don't use them as I just ask Siri to run any of these shortcuts so I don't even need to get my phone out.
yeah I’d love an iOS widget with range information and app icon quick actions for lock/unlock start
I made up two shortcuts/widgets that give range information and battery level.

I have explained how to create shortcuts for some commands and then you can create widgets for the ones you want. #5

Below are the two screens I made up but like I said, I just use Siri and never really go to these screens.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Open Button (via App) Update IMG_5746D

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Open Button (via App) Update IMG_5747D

Last edited:

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
Last year I created shortcuts for my GT500 then added widgets on my home screen for lock/unlock and start. I have since added more and just gave it its own screen. Then did the same thing for the Mach-E. It's easier to use these widgets since you don't have to open the Ford Pass app and they are also on my Apple Watch. Even though I created these screens on my phone, I really don't use them as I just ask Siri to perform any of those commands so I don't even need to get my phone out.

I made up two shortcuts/widgets that give range information and battery level.

I have explained how to create shortcuts for some commands and then you can create widgets for the ones you want. #5

Below are the two screens I made up but like I said, I just use Siri and never really go to these screens.

IMG_5746D.jpg

IMG_5747D.jpg
Whoa, those widgets are pimp! Have to try that after I get my GT.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
need to have a functional frunk release remotely. I've actually opened mine only once. Far too much hassle to have to go into the passenger compartment and tug on the lever twice to open.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Yes and as Jon said, that button will not open the front trunk. It is connected to the BCM and needs to be updated to allow it to operate. I tried changing the code for it in Forscan but was unsuccessful. I did not put a lot of time into it as Ford will be giving us an update at some point to make this work anyway.

On a side note, I was able to open the front trunk electronically by applying power to the latch actuator. However I did not add an inside switch to activate the front trunk hood like I did for the rear hatch ( #1 ) because unlike the rear hatch that will only open when the car is in Park and off, the front trunk hood will open anytime you apply power to the actuator which would not be too good when driving the car. You need a power source that is only active when the car is off and no such thing exists. I would have to make up a small circuit to make this work and since I have only used the front trunk once in the 4 months I have had the car, not to interested in pursuing this.
What kind of functionality does Forscan have with the Mach E? I've used it dozens of times on my F150 but haven't read of anyone doing anything interesting on the Mach E.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
need to have a functional frunk release remotely. I've actually opened mine only once. Far too much hassle to have to go into the passenger compartment and tug on the lever twice to open.
I don't think it will save any time to take my phone out of my pocket, open the FordPass app, and hold in the frunk button in the app, but to each their own. I'll probably use the number button on the door to open the frunk most of the time once that's enabled.

britracer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD extended range
Country flag
How the heck did they not use the word "Frunk" on the App? Did Tesla patent that? Also since I'm not a techie; how do you know what version of the App your running? My App not showing this.

Of note, I will be scared SH***less to update the app since my PAAK works perfectly since software update. But it was an absolute chore (3 different) sessions (attempts, at least an hour each) to get the car to accept the PAAK.
set up phone as key and drunk unlock working no problem. Makes a loud 3 step opening. But works.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
set up phone as key and drunk unlock working no problem. Makes a loud 3 step opening. But works.
I see you’re in Canada. It may be that Canada doesn’t have the regulatory issue that the US has.
Sponsored