Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Thanks. That confirms half the question. Do you have a control on your screen or Ford Pass to open (unlatch) the frunk or do you have to use the manual double-pull lever?
Yes, on the large dashboard screen, there is an ability to open the frunk. I'm not so sure that's very useful, as the lever is just right there anyhow in the under dash to the left. I cannot see an option to open anything remotely within Ford Pass app - maybe not looking in right place, so if anyone has info the app can open the rear hatch then I assume that's the place it will show up to open the frunk too.

Too bad, the key fob has no button to open the frunk, but perhaps a combination of buttons will open it. I will further look in the user manual as there may have been something in there. The keyfob has a button to open the rear hatch.

The keyfob does not have a separate button for remote start, which I was used to on my 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum. Maybe there's a separate combination to remote start from the keyfob. I know the Ford Pass app can remotely start, but sometimes that not as convenient.

Last edited:
OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Wow! That the frunk now does not contain the divider actually seems like a significant update, at least a vote of confidence that Ford is following up on what they say.

While answering the above question, would love to throw in two more...

1) Does the key fob now have a button for opening the frunk? (as depicted on a separate thread)
2) Does the in-car Sync4a/center console have a function for opening the frunk?

(Yes, I'm obsessed with the frunk. ?)
1) No, doesn't seem the key fob has a separate button to open the frunk. Although, there may be a press this twice, third time hold button depress sequence that could do that - I'll look at the manual this evening.

2) Yes, the SYNC4A/center console has a function for opening the frunk. It takes a couple clicks to get to, and I would definitely find it easier to simply reach to pull the lever twice under the left dash.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Relative attractiveness aside, it's interesting how the GT wheels give the appearance of being larger in comparison to the GTPE wheels.
they do look larger in these images. My hope is that I can remove the aero covers on the GT wheels to open them up.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Op, thanks so much for the pics and info. I have another seat question...I'm a thin framed guy, 6'3, with broad shoulders. I have some concerns about the strange design of the top section of the seat. Any thoughts on how this might fit me?
The design at the top section may look weird, but does not feel uncomfortable for myself or any of the five others who have driven it so far. I'm heavy set, and fairly broad shoulders, not as tall as you, but I don't think that section would constrict. Of course, very hard to tell and best to try yourself.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
@0t60-3.5 are you able to share the software version installed?

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Shoot me a message at [email protected] and maybe we can work something out. Can't wait to see your videos.
I am sure you know this but once the embargo lifts, the videos will not be as valuable so time is of the essence. (Plus I would love to see them ;) )

I have no idea when the embargo will lift (or if the reviews are even done yet) so maybe it is any minute or maybe weeks from now or maybe there haven't been any professional reviews done yet.

Course @Mach-E VLOG would know better than most of us.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Too bad, the key fob has no ability to remotely open neither the hatch nor frunk.
I'm sure you are mistaken about the key fob not being able to open the rear hatch unless they took that option off the key fob you have.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
I'm sure you are mistaken about the key fob not being able to open the rear hatch unless they took that option off the key fob you have.
Yes, sorry, I looked at a picture I took of the keyfob and it does have a button to open the hatch, sorry my mistake. I revised that comment.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Are the headrest pillars all metal? Or plastic with metal inside?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Are the headrest pillars all metal? Or plastic with metal inside?
The pictures appear to show a plastic covering on the support struts for the head rests/shoulder supports.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I wonder what's under the plastic. I had the generic/typical metal posts on adjustable headrests snap on me when I got rear ended once.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
Try pressing and holding the 7-8 door code button on the drivers door with the frunk closed.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Gorgeous car, but those seats are going to divide opinions for sure. They just don't look right.
what in life doesn't divide opinions? ketchup on hotdog or mustard. coffee with cream or none. pineapple on pizza? new york jets or new york giants, welcome to free will. It's a lovely place.
Sponsored