Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Check the polarity of the recp. Hot and neutral correctly wired and also
the ground is there
Check the polarity of the recp. Hot and neutral correctly wired and also
the ground is there. The recp short slot is Hot The long slot is neutral.
thanks, for the tips. I'll confirm I wired hot and neutral correctly. the only ground is from the receptacle to the junction box
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
thanks, for the tips. I'll confirm I wired hot and neutral correctly. the only ground is from the receptacle to the junction box
If wired properly, you should measure 120V (nominal) from hot to neutral and hot to ground.
Zero volts neutral to ground.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Back in Illinois after the Tennessee trip, car won't charge at 240V at home. I'm really at a loss now. After reading into a little, I think I'm going to back off the buck/boost solution and push Ford even harder now.

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Back in Illinois after the Tennessee trip, car won't charge at 240V at home. I'm really at a loss now. After reading into a little, I think I'm going to back off the buck/boost solution and push Ford even harder now.
At least with the Fordpass app you (and Ford) have a charging history that shows where you charged, how long, how much etc. You have a good bit of data to show them that at least should help them realize they need to give some good attention.

Curt

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So after a long car ride yesterday I got home with 12% battery. I figured I would give the 240V a try and it worked!! I’ll post screenshots of what my JuiceBox showed but after about three hours I had to go pick up my daughter and the car was at about 25% charge. After picking her up, I came back home and it started charging again on the 240V. I am leaving town so I also was able to change the max charge to 60% and it uploaded the setting to the car just fine. However I did notice a message in Ford Pass (not the car) that I was charging outside of my preferred hours. What is weird is that I never set up charging or departure times.

I emailed the Ford Mach-E team last night to tell them that my car is now charging. They still have the token installed on my car, so they should be able to see the data and determine why it was now charging. They emailed me back and said they would forward my email to the battery and charging team.

Hopefully this provides them more data to compare. I am still waiting the new BCM that was ordered and they think they can install it 4/2. I still think this may be a combination of software and hardware issues.

Crazy!

Is your car still charging ok? I let might get down under 10% but still didn't charge. I'm anxious to see what the Mach-E team comes up with because I feel like we are all chasing our tails here.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why is it taking so long for Ford to come up with a 240 V charging solution?

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why is it taking so long for Ford to come up with a 240 V charging solution?
Great question. Knowing it works at one house and not the other is frustrating. I had ComEd come out again today hoping another tech would give me a more favorable outcome. He measured at the meter and told me it's within specification, so it was pointless. I have an appointment at another dealer next week hoping that they'll actually pursue a resolution. I don't understand why Chevy, Tesla, Hyundai, and Kia have no issues charging on the same grid as me, while Ford is perplexed.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
Great question. Knowing it works at one house and not the other is frustrating. I had ComEd come out again today hoping another tech would give me a more favorable outcome. He measured at the meter and told me it's within specification, so it was pointless. I have an appointment at another dealer next week hoping that they'll actually pursue a resolution. I don't understand why Chevy, Tesla, Hyundai, and Kia have no issues charging on the same grid as me, while Ford is perplexed.
I am still experiencing the problem with my 240 V outlet. My dealer gave me another mobile charger to try and of course it failed but definitely works on a 110 circuit. Sitting at a fast charging station now, I will be stopping at a neighbors house to test his 240 V outlet to see if I have any luck.

And I found this tidbit of information kind of interesting, my dealer does not have a 240 V outlet with a 14 - 50 connector. All of their level two chargers are hardwired. So they are at a loss to even test if the mobile charger works at their location.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Yeah, definitely weird that Ford doesn't have that straight from the get-go. I don't remember ever reading any problems charging the Fusion Energi or Focus Electric, both of which have been around for years.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And I found this tidbit of information kind of interesting, my dealer does not have a 240 V outlet with a 14 - 50 connector. All of their level two chargers are hardwired. So they are at a loss to even test if the mobile charger works at their location.
Like @Brademcee and @Moogly can attest, our dealer here had the same issue. They were definitely not prepared to service these cars.

Moogly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Like @Brademcee and @Moogly can attest, our dealer here had the same issue. They were definitely not prepared to service these cars.
Yes. The last time I delt with them they only had hardwired Levitron L2 charging stations. But even if they want they will not be able to install a 240v single phase outlet that would be mimic residential supply. Since dealerships use commercial 3 phase supply the closet they can come it to install a NEMA 14-50 208v outlet. That wont help either. So if the dealer has to really troubleshoot the problem, they have to come to our homes and test. Moreover our dealer is not EV certified so that adds to the problem.
Sponsored