How long do you plan to keep your Mach E?

parasandtobi

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have been waiting 7 months for my order and never liked the buying experience for any car so I am going to keep it until it becomes as long as I can. Basically when it becomes unreliable or rusty enough that it affects its crashworthiness.
Sponsored

Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Finally
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Country flag
I'm a terrible person to ask... I get the urge and get a new car too often. Three years max, for me.

Me too. I'm usually 2-3 year max. I drive around 35k-40k a year because of my long commute so I don't keep 'em long.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I did a 3 year Ford Options financing to keep things open for review. Iā€™ll probably keep the car for 8 years which is the length of my Ford Protect Service Plan.

Reactions: UW2

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I tend to keep my drivers a long time. I think my shortest term driver ownership was 7-1/2 years on my Fusion Energi. ?ā€ā™‚?

Skoolbus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Corolla, 2015 F150, 2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I drove my first car, a 1983 Honda Accord hatchback, until, frankly, it was embarrassing to be seen inā€”early 2000s. Then I bought my wife a new Tahoe (yuk) and drove her hand-me-down 1990 Montero until 2015. I kind of develop an emotional attachment to my automobiles. So, Iā€™ll likely drive my MachE until my kids tell me I really shouldnā€™t be driving anymore which will probably be 20 years or so in the future. I suspect the original batteries will be good for around 10 years and by then I firmly believe there will be third-party companies that will be able to install updated battery tech and jigger the software to make it workā€”probably even better from a range and performance standpoint than original. I appreciate the safety and driver assist features that the MachE has but I love to drive so I donā€™t desire anything more than what it has. When they take my license away because Iā€™m totally incompetent to drive, I hope they have REAL full self-driving by then because itā€™s so sad to see seniors loose the freedom that comes with door-to-door transportation. Then when Iā€™m in my late 90ā€™s and Iā€™ve programmed in a road trip to South America without telling anyone and without having any plan when I get there, theyā€™ll take my FSD car away and put me out to pasture. Maybe Iā€™ll tell the family to bury me in the MachE!

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Acuras (MDX, TL), 2022 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
My wife and I have owned Honda/Acura for the last 25 years. Our Hondas/Acuras have been bullet-proof.

My first car was a Ford (1984 Ford Tempo). I bought it used for $4K when I was 15 with money I earned from my paper route. It was the biggest piece of s&!t you can imagine. Left me stranded multiple times, edangered my life once, and cost me a fortune in maintenance cost. I told myself I woud never buy an American car again in this lifetime. If this car doesn't last at least 10 years with minimal maintenance, it will be my last Ford.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I'll probably dump this car and Ford as a brand if they don't lift the 5 second full power limit on my GT to something more reasonable within the 2022 calendar year. If they fix that issue then I'll probably hold on to the car until the same amount of battery space can offer at least 30% more range.

mwsno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
Do you plan to keep your Mach E forever? Or, is it something that you plan to have for 2-3 years until there are more proven electric options (eg Fisker, Rivian, Lucid actually deliver cars)?
My Mazda I had for 14 years (185K). I got my GT in October and it's been great, but have a newish Rivian reservation. I will probably trade up and be a truck person whenever that's available. So maybe 2 years with the GT?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
If the current used car market doesnā€™t die down, I plan to upgrade every year, whether it be another MME or rival EV. Refinements plus additional tax credits make the upgrade worth it to me.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
3-4 years, but thatā€™s just because I get bored and want to try something new. Itā€™s not a good financial decision, definitely a toy for me. Iā€™m not expecting tons of ā€œadvancementsā€ in EVs other than 1) more choice and 2) improved DC fast charging speeds. Anything else will be incremental advancements. I. 8 years battery technology may be significantly better, but I highly doubt it will change much in 3 years. I was already considering the Audi Q4 Sportback but it would have been another year at least by the time I got it.

SeanMc

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME PremiumX4, '06 4Runner, '97 E-150, '86 944
Occupation
waste management consultant
Country flag
Then when Iā€™m in my late 90ā€™s and Iā€™ve programmed in a road trip to South America without telling anyone and without having any plan when I get there, theyā€™ll take my FSD car away and put me out to pasture. Maybe Iā€™ll tell the family to bury me in the MachE!
Now this is a man with a plan! And you'll probably have the first MME in Tooele County, won't you?

As for staying on topic; well, look at our other vehicles - hardly anything from this century; and we've had each one other than Flash at least 12 years.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
We're going to get the 3-year Options plan with it. We'll keep it that long unless it's a real lemon. After the 3-year agreement is up, we will look at what's out there. If things have improved substantially, we might consider switching. I kind of doubt we will, though. I expect that the biggest improvements are going to come from infrastructure and the Mustang will benefit from that as much as any other vehicle will.