Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer XLT, 2018 Ecosport Titanium,
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
Seems like there is quite a bit of misinformation/bad information coming out of Ford's offices. Even Bill Ford's quote in a news story last week claiming June 22nd, wasn't correct either. Still no ability to confirm order on the Ford site. My dealer indicated that I'd receive an email on June 30th to confirm my order.
Sponsored

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
Another add to this thread... I had an appointment with my dealer at 1pm(CDT) and just got the call to delay our order meeting until next week. I almost got there!

OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now I'm confused again. My signed order (from my reservation) was placed with my dealer on 6/24 and I have a printout of the order -- #0224 -- but I still cannot see it in my owner.ford.com account.

Talking to him this morning, he says I can make changes until 6/30 at which point is moves from "provisional" to "accepted". For what it's worth, I told him there would be no changes and he could "accept" it now!

This process is so confusing. My dealer is pretty good but he's still struggling to understand things.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Seems like there is quite a bit of misinformation/bad information coming out of Ford's offices. Even Bill Ford's quote in a news story last week claiming June 22nd, wasn't correct either. Still no ability to confirm order on the Ford site. My dealer indicated that I'd receive an email on June 30th to confirm my order.
Actually, the article doesn't attribute the June 24 date to Bill Ford... In fact, it doesn't cite any source for that detail. Let's hope the information the dealers have been receiving about June 30th for reservists to go online without dealer assistance is also accurate. :)

https://www.freep.com/story/money/b...otor-company-coronavirus-covid-19/3177229001/

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
Another add to this thread... I had an appointment with my dealer at 1pm(CDT) and just got the call to delay our order meeting until next week. I almost got there!
That happened to me on Wednesday. They said to wait since I should get email on Tuesday, confirm then come in.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
How hard is it to open up orders?
Would be nice if everyone just chilled the f out. I understand the enthusiasm. I want my car as soon as possible too. But nowhere did Ford say everyone could go to a webpage on 6/26 and place an order. At some point, maybe between now and 6/30 or maybe starting 6/30 people will be able to order.

Remember, delivery date is based on reservation date, NOT order date. First edition reservation holders have an entire month to make up their mind. Others have probably about two months if you want to be sure you don't lose your place in line, but technically until the end of the year before you have to order.

I'm going to go take a Xanax, suggest you all do the same :)

Just got these from my dealer. Looks like some maybe new information.

output1.jpg

output2.jpg

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Would be nice if everyone just chilled the f out. I understand the enthusiasm. I want my car as soon as possible too. But nowhere did Ford say everyone could go to a webpage on 6/26 and place an order. At some point, maybe between now and 6/30 or maybe starting 6/30 people will be able to order.

Remember, delivery date is based on reservation date, NOT order date. First edition reservation holders have an entire month to make up their mind. Others have probably about two months if you want to be sure you don't lose your place in line, but technically until the end of the year before you have to order.

I'm going to go take a Xanax, suggest you all do the same :)
I have to agree, many have waited over six months for the ability to place an order and lived through the postponement of the June rollout of the order bank, so what's another four days? If you want the car, it's gonna happen eventually. :)

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Any new intel on when the online order bank WILL open?
New update: source says the ordering site should be up between 5 and 11 PM EDT tonight.

We'll see if this pans out, it's a new source for me, but they are well connected around the digital space.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
New update: source says the ordering site should be up between 5 and 11 PM EDT tonight.

We'll see if this pans out, it's a new source for me, but they are well connected around the digital space.
Well, I will be driving home and on a Zoom meeting call, so we shall see when I get home around 6 to hit the refresh button.