Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium X
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
Picked up my Mach E yesterday, and it drives great, but I’m having several electro related issues that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:

1. I have an extended range, but my charge gauge shows I only have 240 miles of available range, and not 300.
2. I preconfigured my car on FordPass, but I never get the button to send the data to my car. In something related, I don’t have the ability to setup my PaaK either. It’s grayed out.
3. I can use CarPlay when plugged in via USB, but not wirelessly.

Weird set of issues, could all be related. Has anyone encountered any of these? Again, I didn't see anything on the board already.
Sponsored

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Picked up my Mach E yesterday, and it drives great, but I’m having several electro related issues that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:

1. I have an extended range, but my charge gauge shows I only have 240 miles of available range, and not 300.
2. I preconfigured my car on FordPass, but I never get the button to send the data to my car. In something related, I don’t have the ability to setup my PaaK either. It’s grayed out.

Weird set of issues, could all be related. Has anyone encountered any of these? Again, I didn't see anything on the board already.
All of these "issues" discussed in a lot of details on this forum - all of them...

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

1. Lots and lots of posts about not getting the range they are expecting..are you sure you looked? The distance to "empty" guage is commonly referred to as the "guess o meter" as it is just a guess based on your driving style, the weater, how fast you've gone, etc.
2. & 3. Did you pair your phone via bluetooth

OP
OP

Tmarch

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
1. Lots and lots of posts about not getting the range they are expecting..are you sure you looked? The distance to "empty" guage is commonly referred to as the "guess o meter" as it is just a guess based on your driving style, the weater, how fast you've gone, etc.
2. & 3. Did you pair your phone via bluetooth
1. Ok, so maybe it's supposed to be a "learning" system. I was thinking it was something like Tesla had originally, that you had to license the longer range, that maybe some type of license wasn't available.
2&3 - Yes, I paired and removed my phone 20 times already (I've got 2 phones, so I tried both). It tells me after I pair if I'd like to use Carplay, and I say yes, but as it tries to connect to carplay, it eventually errors out. I can get it to play music/podcasts via Bluetooth, but not use the Carplay apps.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
1. Ok, so maybe it's supposed to be a "learning" system. I was thinking it was something like Tesla had originally, that you had to license the longer range, that maybe some type of license wasn't available.
2&3 - Yes, I paired and removed my phone 20 times already (I've got 2 phones, so I tried both). It tells me after I pair if I'd like to use Carplay, and I say yes, but as it tries to connect to carplay, it eventually errors out. I can get it to play music/podcasts via Bluetooth, but not use the Carplay apps.
Yes its a learning system. You can reset it by going into settings but you don't want to do that more than once as it won't learn anything if you keep resetting it.

Not sure I can help much with iPhones: My Android phone is working well with the car and the other iPhones in the house haven't had an issue either.

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
I've had my car for only a day but take the range as an overly pessimistic number. I drove 45 miles last night and my range dropped 7 miles. Rumor is that the first OTA update will adjust this.

Do you have bluetooth and wireless enabled on your phone? Both are required for wireless CarPlay. Check this and then check the settings on your phone for CarPlay. On your phone you should see SYNC 4 show up under 'My Cars' if not you can try to get it to show up with the voice button on the steering wheel.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Yes to 1 and 2. I don't have an iPhone so I can't comment on that item.

For item 1......wait a while, it gets better.
For item 2.....wait a while, it gets better.

Congrats on your car!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Do a master reset of the Sync system, remove your vehicle from FordPass, logout of the app, and start over again.. (log in, add vehicle...)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Congrats on the car and there posts on Ford pass and PAAK and you will see your issues discussed and what others have tried

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Ok...I was starting to think this has all just been a nightmare and a bad dream. Then I saw he just joined the forum today.

So now the nightmare is real, and yes...THOSE issues have come up. Thanks for getting my hopes up and believing I dreamt it all lol.

Welcome and congrats on your new ride. Not jealous at all over here .

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just got my Mach-E X, and I haven’t seen anyone on the board run into this giphy (1)

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag

1. As your driving pattern changes the overall predicted range changes. You can reset it in the vehicle settings.
2. Logout, uninstall, re install latest app, login and try.
3. Use latest android auto or carplay app, old versions have these issues.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not only is it learning, But it also takes into account the weather. So if its been cold where you are at, that will cause a range decrease. I picked my car up with it being 1F outside, and at 100% charge my Extended range AWD showed 140 miles.

As I've driven it with days getting progressively warmer, i'm up to 220 miles per charge now.

OP
OP

Tmarch

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the responses. Nothing has worked so far. I've master reset and connected services reset many times to no avail. Support even had me uninstall my app and reinstall it with the newest version (IOS 3.17.1) to no avail as well.

I spoke with Ford Guides and got escalated to next-level support. They are supposed to get back to me in 3-5 business days. But, it may not be Fordpass app-related, I may have an issue with my Sync system (this was the comment I got from support, supposedly I wasn't the only one). I can't activate my hotspot service (it says I have an invalid VIN at AT&T). Also, when I look in the owner dashboard, it says my OTA updates are disabled, even though I can't turn off any of those services in my car (when I attempt to do so, nothing happens on the vehicle screen). The support person said it could be an issue with the modem, either in the car, or when it was registered as installed, something on the Ford side.

Now that I've dug into the issues a little more, I've got a better handle on the terminology, and see how many people on the board are having similar issue.

OP
OP

Tmarch

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
Update on my issue: I spoke with the Ford Guides today, and they said my ticket is still open, but they believe the issue is known. They did not tie my modem SN to the VIN number, which means that FordPass can't communicate with the car. It also means that AT&T doesn't know that my car exists (so I can't use the Ford Comm network, nor can I setup my hotspot). The ticket was sent to the proper department, which has a 5 day turnaround (which means Wednesday for me). The person I spoke to from the Ford Guides said this has been a common issue, and they don't know the cause of it.

A few other people had mentioned that after about a week that their FordPass started working. That would be in line with what this Ford Guide had said.
Sponsored