Mach-E being discontinued ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
At the dealer picking up my MME after they replaced the LVB and other updates.
Somebody here told me they saw online that Ford is discontinuing the MME. Anyone else read this ?
The first rule of listening to anything a dealer tells you is to never listen to anything a dealer tells you.

GatorGrowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Not at all. They are focused on clearing 2023s off the lots, but 2024s are shipping and the new rally model is set to ship later this year.
Ford has announced their focus is going to be on the lower price segment and trucks. It’s possible it will phase out or be re-platformed, but to my knowledge there has been no announcement.

GatorGrowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Ford said in January it would reduce production of its F-150 Lightning pickup truck, cutting production at its Michigan Rouge Electric Vehicle Center to one shift starting April 1
They explained though that it’s because they forecasted like 70% growth when adding the shift and it ended up being more like 50%.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Some dealer told a Lightning owner Lightnings were being discontinued a few weeks back. Also total BS.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah, between Ford sending the SuperCharger adapters and the MME and Lightning both still being well regarded products that even at lower volumes have been really good at competitive conquest vehicles, they aren't going anywhere soon. I say the adapter part because if Ford was looking to kill the product they wouldn't be dumping millions into adapters to maintain goodwill with those customers, especially on a product they may not use on a future Ford if they moved away from the MME/Lightning.

Ford may not be thrilled with the drop in demand after putting so much money in capacity increases, but it's still a market they are competitive in and they want to keep people in the Ford stable for the next gen products.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
OP
OP
valeriol

valeriol

First Name
Valerio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RW
Country flag
Yeah, it was a guy (pretty young) that works as a clerk in the service department. It sounded like BS to me, but I wanted to see if anyone else had heard similar rumors.