Mach-E Hate?

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So I was in my new Mach-E driving around and this guy in a beat up old F-150 flashed his brights at me an shot me a thumbs down as he passed me in the oncoming lane. Made me wonder, has anyone else received any public hate since having your car?
Sponsored

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
So I was in my new Mach-E driving around and this guy in a beat up old F-150 flashed his brights at me an shot me a thumbs down as he passed me in the oncoming lane. Made me wonder, has anyone else received any public hate since having your car?
Not so far - mostly curious or admiring looks or people complementing the car or asking what is it? But unfortunately Haters gotta hate...And this guy is a Ford driver...Is he upset that its not a "real" Mustang or is he pro ICE and anti-EV? Who knows - little envious?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Could be electric car hate, or the "not a mustang" crowd. Probably just don't like the idea of a changing world...

I'm kinda looking forward to a mostly positive response, but no doubt there will be a few of these in the crowd.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I don't give a f*ck what someone in a beat up truck thinks about my car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It was during the day...

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
That’s nasty ... just poor behavior even if one is against EVs or it’s not a Mustang stuff. Whatever happened to individual choices .. oh well.

so far I have only gotten few rubber necking views while driving and few peeps asking if it’s the new Mustang and thumbs ups. One commented at the dealer that it looks great in person. But early days ..sure will run into some who don’t appreciate or agree. If I run into them I am hoping it’s not my driving ;)

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Actually it happened to me yesterday while bringing my car to a body shop to assess my bumper damage. The shop was recommended to me by my dealership because he was known for being an enthusiast and would take good care of my 'baby'.

He came out looked at it and said well that's certainly different, it's no mustang though and preceded to do his analysis while showing obvious disdain for the car. We had a few more words about it, but I could tell he made up his mind about it and gave up even talking about it.

Your not going to change the #notamustang haters minds...but lets hope they don't go crazy and cause damage to our vehicles because of their dislike.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Some folks just are jealous of people having nicer things. I wouldn't worry about it.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
So far no hate: I did catch someone driving a "real" Mustang give me the side eye but I think they were just trying to get a good look LOL.

Oh and on the freeway another "real" Mustang blew by us weaving in and out of traffic but I don't think he even noticed us...just being a general a-hole..

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Oh and on the freeway another "real" Mustang blew by us weaving in and out of traffic but I don't think he even noticed us...just being a general a-hole..
no way - not a Mustang driver! I AM POSITIVELY SHOCKED! SEE: ?

?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
No hate here either. I had someone taking a video from behind me while we were speeding down the hwy yesterday. Later in the afternoon I got the thumbs up from a very nice Camaro that drove by. Today a woman was standing next to her car on the far side away from me and oddly enough I could tell she was waiting to say something. "Is that a mustang?" "yes" "can I take a picture" "sure" and I walked away.

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
Closest was I parked and went into a Panera Bread and as I was getting out of my GB FE I noticed a guy on a Harley pull in to the parking lot. When I got my coffee the Harley guy looked at me and said, 'I hate electric cars, I like gas! But that car is freaken awesome, just beautiful!" He had a big smile and he went on to tell me abut his daughter and son-in-law driving Teslas (doesn't like) and again telling me how awesome the Mach E looks, even if he wouldn't drive one.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
He's an NPC. Pay him no mind.
Sponsored