Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
OK, I'm not seeing the $64,000 question here.

Last I remember, the reason the Chinese don't have the 5 second 'rule' is the different type of batteries.

Do the new GTPEs with this new battery still have the 5 sec rule?
Ext Range battery didnt change, only SR got LPF.
Sponsored

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mus Mach-E GT Performance; 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Country flag
Yikes, Blue Cruise subscription is going to cost $2,100 for three years? Ouch, I was expecting it to around $600. $700/year average seems rather high to me.
Uh yeah... Everything I read before said $600... Is this a price increase for current owners too? Very confusing.

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
Those range increases seem underrated for getting an extra 2kwh.

Previous standard battery was 70 kwh with 247mi RWD and 224mi AWD. Doing the math for the efficiencies of those ratings (3.5 and 3.2 mi/kwh) and adding the 2 extra kwh it should be 254mi RWD and 230mi AWD respectively.

Perhaps Ford is just being typically cautious with the new chemistry?

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Today's news:
  • Ford is re-opening its order banks for the all-electric Mustang Mach-E on Wednesday as completed plant upgrades support production ramp in the second half of 2023, with feature improvements on the way – including increased range for standard range battery models to a targeted EPA-estimated range of 250 miles for RWD and 226 miles for eAWD.
  • All standard range models will now be powered by lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries. This change allows the eAWD configuration to gain an additional 45 horsepower and improves the targeted EPA range estimates for standard range RWD and eAWD configurations.
  • In addition to increased range and power, standard range models can now charge to 100% more frequently via AC home charging. When on the road, DC fast charging to 80 percent battery capacity from 10 percent is 33 minutes, a 5-minute reduction when compared to previous standard range models.
  • BlueCruise will be available with the choice to experience the technology with a complimentary 90-day trial since all Mustang Mach-E SUVs will be built with the necessary hardware for the capability. This provides customers the opportunity to try it during the initial months of vehicle ownership and subsequently activate it through a subscription at the time of their choosing. Customers can still include a 3-year subscription as part of the vehicle purchase, if they prefer.
  • The Mustang Mach-E vehicles delivered will include BlueCruise 1.2 with handsfree lane and other software improvements.
  • The Mustang Mach-E still qualifies for potential Inflation Reduction Act federal tax credits in 2023 of $3,750.
  • The Ford+ Plan lays out 2023 as the year we will scale our current EV lineup. As we scale production, we are able to be more retail cost competitive. The updated pricing of Mustang Mach-E can be viewed below.
  • Customers who have ordered a vehicle between Jan. 30 and May 1, 2023 and have not taken delivery, will receive an incentive offer from their dealer at delivery.

UPDATED PRICING

ModelCurrent MSRPUpdated MSRP+/-
Select RWD Standard Range$45,995$42,995($3,000)
Select AWD Standard Range$48,995$45,995($3,000)
California Route 1 AWD Extended Range$57,995$56,995($1,000)
Premium RWD Standard Range$50,995$46,995($4,000)
Premium AWD Standard Range$53,995$49,995($4,000)
GT AWD Extended Range$63,995$59,995($4,000)
Options
Extended Range Battery for Premium$7,000$7,000$ -
Mustang Nite Pony Package$800$800$ -
GT Performance Edition Package$6,000$5,000($1,000)
BlueCruise 1.2 (3 years included)$1,900$2,100$200
Comfort Package Lite$ n/a$1,500$ -

Technical Specs PDF

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 7.08.56 AM.jpg

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

FORD RE-OPENS ORDERS FOR MUSTANG MACH-E WITH HIGHER EPA EST. RANGE, BLUECRUISE 1.2 HANDS-FREE TECH, LOWER PRICING
  • Ford Mustang® Mach-E® ramps up production to help reduce customer wait times and to take advantage of lower costs to reduce prices across the board
  • Standard range models to increase to a targeted EPA-estimated range of up to 250 miles and offer faster DC charging times*
  • New “try, then buy” choice to experience BlueCruise hands-free highway driving** with a complimentary 90-day connected service plan before purchasing a subscription to activate the hands-free driving technology named the top-rated active driving assistance system by Consumer Reports†
DEARBORN, Mich., May 2, 2023 – Ford is re-opening its order banks for the all-electric Mustang Mach-E on Wednesday as completed plant upgrades support production ramp in the second half of 2023, with feature improvements on the way – including increased range for standard range battery models to a targeted EPA-estimated range of 250 miles for RWD and 226 miles for eAWD.

The production increase for Mustang Mach-E in the second half of this year is part of Ford’s plan to scale electric vehicles and make them more accessible and affordable for customers.

Ford also offers EV customers a full-size truck with the F-150 Lightning and the E-Transit van.

All standard range models will now be powered by lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries. This change allows the eAWD configuration to gain an additional 45 horsepower and improves the targeted EPA range estimates for standard range RWD and eAWD configurations. In addition to increased range and power, standard range models can now charge to 100% more frequently via AC home charging. When on the road, DC fast charging to 80 percent battery capacity from 10 percent is 33 minutes, a 5-minute reduction when compared to previous standard range models † †.

BlueCruise, which enables hands-free driving on highways, now will be available with the choice to experience the technology with a complimentary 90-day trial since all Mustang Mach-E SUVs will be built with the necessary hardware for the capability. This provides customers the opportunity to try it during the initial months of vehicle ownership and subsequently activate it through a subscription at the time of their choosing. Customers can still include a 3-year subscription as part of the vehicle purchase, if they prefer.

Ford has built an in-house team dedicated to constantly improve BlueCruise – adding features and enhancing performance with a more natural driving feel. The new features of BlueCruise 1.2 include hands-free lane changes when requested by the driver tapping the turn signal. In-Lane Repositioning ability helps keep the vehicle in its lane while subtly shifting position away from vehicles in adjacent lanes – especially helpful when next to bigger vehicles such as semis.

BlueCruise is now equipped on 199,000 Ford and Lincoln vehicles in North America and customers have accumulated more than 70 million hands-free miles driven with the technology. Consumer Reports named BlueCruise its top-rated Active Driving Assistance System.

The standard range Mach-E with the lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries see a boost in range. What are the specs for the Mach-E AWD with the extended battery? 2021-2022 Models had an EPA range of 260. With the new lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries what has the range increased to?

Finally when I go onto the ford.com website the old pricing still remains for a Mach-e GT with an extended battery ($63,995)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Uh yeah... Everything I read before said $600... Is this a price increase for current owners too? Very confusing.
Probably not, because the $2100 is also for unlocking the hardware. Existing customers already paid for the hardware, so renewals should just be for the software subscription.

The standard range Mach-E with the lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries see a boost in range. What are the specs for the Mach-E AWD with the extended battery? 2021-2022 Models had an EPA range of 260. With the new lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries what has the range increased to?
There is no extended range battery that is LFP.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Probably not, because the $2100 is also for unlocking the hardware. Existing customers already paid for the hardware, so renewals should just be for the software subscription.

There is no extended range battery that is LFP.
Well then I have no interest in buying a 2023 Mach-e. The only reason I would of considered it was if.

1. I could charge to 100%
2. More range.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Well, crap! All I care about here is the new MSRP. I ordered on 11/25/22 and will not get the "incentive offer" when my car gets here in 3-4 weeks. Since there is no actual data about the specific LFP battery they'll be using, at least if it turns out that the battery is not good in the extreme Minnesota cold, I'll be OK with it. If it turns out to be as good or better than the current NMC battery, then I won't be happy.

I wonder what the turnaround will be on the
If I already have a Mach E that was ordered last year but it is not yet scheduled for production, will it come with the LFP battery when manufactured?
I would respectfully have to disagree with @macchiaz-o . My sense is that new orders for Standard Range vehicles will be the first with LFP batteries, not older orders already in production.

Also, I don't know where on the Window Sticker one would find any indication of the battery type. I can't find one. I think the assumption would be, for new orders, if you ordered a Standard Range vehicle, you get LFP battery, if an Extended Range, you get an NCM battery.

I certainly could be wrong, but this makes much more sense to me.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I would respectfully have to disagree with @macchiaz-o . My sense is that new orders for Standard Range vehicles will be the first with LFP batteries, not older orders already in production.

Also, I don't know where on the Window Sticker one would find any indication of the battery type. I can't find one. I think the assumption would be, for new orders, if you ordered a Standard Range vehicle, you get LFP battery, if an Extended Range, you get an NCM battery.

I certainly could be wrong, but this makes much more sense to me.
The other poster said his vehicle hadn't been scheduled into production yet. In that case, if standard range, then he'd likely get the new battery.

Then in a later post he corrected himself and even posted his window sticker. The window sticker doesn't exist until after production IS scheduled. You can see from various facts on his window sticker that it is a job 1 '23 not a job 2.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Have not yet taken delivery, curious if when I do I'll now only get 90 days of Bluecruise as opposed to the 3-years I was previously getting on my GT. If this is the case, it cuts the vehicle price cut in half.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
Those range increases seem underrated for getting an extra 2kwh.

Previous standard battery was 70 kwh with 247mi RWD and 224mi AWD. Doing the math for the efficiencies of those ratings (3.5 and 3.2 mi/kwh) and adding the 2 extra kwh it should be 254mi RWD and 230mi AWD respectively.

Perhaps Ford is just being typically cautious with the new chemistry?
LFP is heavier. They're likely getting a larger battery capacity not from more battery, but from less reserve buffer (the one advantage of LFP). But the higher weight of LFP means less efficiency (assuming equivalent/higher volume and thus higher vehicle weight) so the mi/kwh would be lower.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I ordered March 25h and my dealer just confirmed with Ford that when it's built and delivered in June/July time frame, I will be given the reduced sales price: $4k less for GT, $1k less for performance package.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
My 2021 Premium AWD ER stickered at $56,200, less $400 for Rapid Red Metallic = $55,800.
My 2022 Premium AWD ER stickered at $59,395, less $495 for Rapid Red Metallic = $58,900 (note I was price protected and paid the same as the 2021 after adding BC, MSRP was $57,645).

Both vehicles had park assist. The 2022 came with the kicksensor disabled, which I enabled. 2021 came with BlueCruise prep package, so add $600 for BC. The only other difference was the 2021s having the different front door window glass.

By my math, a 2023 is now $59,095, plus only 1/2 the tax credit.

$59,095 - $3,750 = $55,345
$55,800 - $7,500 = $48,300
Wait, was Rapid Red Metalic a base paint color(no upgrade charge) in 2021-22?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Wair, was Rapid Red Metalic a base paint color(no upgrade charge) in 2021-22?
No, it was, and is, a surcharge, so I removed it to compare to the new prices.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Wait, was Rapid Red Metalic a base paint color(no upgrade charge) in 2021-22?
Incorrect. $495 is what I paid for it for my '22. RickMachE was subtracting out the RR paint option to be able to do a straight MSRP comparison.

CmndrNemo

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I imagine if you sticker says 70KWH it's the old battery, 72KWH if it's new.
Sponsored