LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Mach-E wins this round hands down imo. Cheaper, more cargo space, similar performance, better interior.

Polestar 3 Specs (released today)
- 193 inches long, 64 inches high, 83.5 inches wide
- 17.1 cubic feet cargo space behind rear seats + 1.1 cubic foot frunk
- 0-60 in 4.9 seconds
- 250kW charging, 400V architecture, ~ 300 mile range
- 111 kwH battery
- Price: $85.3k

Hate the complete lack of physical buttons in the Polestar 3's interior

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs 2024 Polestar 3 Polestar 3

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs 2024 Polestar 3 Polestar 3-2

Last edited:

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I feel like I'm missing something here. This looks like a Chevy Equinox for people who hate money (twice the price?).

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I feel like I'm missing something here. This looks like a Chevy Equinox for people who hate money (twice the price?).
I don't think you're missing anything. I guess it's for people who love Polestar and/or want a Euro brand.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
It looks alright, but several factors make it unattractive. 1) price, 2) doesn't qualify for the federal tax credit due to price and build location, and 3) previous experience with the Polestar 2 for me. We almost bought the Polestar 2 instead the Tesla. We rent the P2 every chance we get when traveling, but the majority of the time Android Automotive doesn't work worth a crap in the rentals.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It looks alright, but several factors make it unattractive. 1) price, 2) doesn't qualify for the federal tax credit due to price and build location, and 3) previous experience with the Polestar 2 for me. We almost bought the Polestar 2 instead the Tesla. We rent the P2 every chance we get when traveling, but the majority of the time Android Automotive doesn't work worth a crap in the rentals.
Wow! Can you tell us more about your P2 experience?

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
@LincolnLuvr Most of the time Google maps couldn't find our location. We tried the reboot trick to try to get the module working to fix that with no luck. It's a known issue that the mobile/LTE module for it is garbage. Do a quick Google search for "polestar 2 lte issue" and you'll find tons of threads about it. Otherwise the car itself is fine, but a little boring and the seats aren't super comfortable. Still plenty fast. I do love the look of it over hubby's Model 3 and also prefer it because it sits higher. But at $80k base price for the P3... I'm out.

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
At least they copied the MME screens. Love my 2 Volvos, but have yet to be impressed with any of the new Polestar cousins. Drove a Polestar 2, and as mentioned above, software buggy and slow, uninspired driving feedback and performance. Plus closest Polestar "dealer/service center" is 90 min away. Note that Volvo dealers are not trained to do any service on them even though they share some parts, since they have their own line of EVs.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I don't think you're missing anything. I guess it's for people who love Polestar and/or want a Euro brand.
Except Polestar is Chinese - owned by Geely. Which owns Volvo, which founded Polestar, which is owned by Geely.

I’ll show myself out now…

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Many speculated the Polestar 3 bringing 350-375 mile EPA range and that fell way short. Very disappointing.
Sponsored