Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good afternoon, folks,

Yesterday evening, my wife and I took a short drive to go pick up pizza after my first charge up to 100% at home. During the drive, I was happy to see another MME coming the other way, and I gave a wave - to see that the other fella was also waving at me, too! I felt great. I haven't had that feeling since owning my first Jeep Wrangler way back in time and learning about the "Jeep wave." Could it be that we start another tradition among us MME owners?

smp
Sponsored

November Rain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E - First Edition
Occupation
Electric Vehicle Engineer-EVSE and Vehicle Inlets
Country flag
Good afternoon, folks,

Yesterday evening, my wife and I took a short drive to go pick up pizza after my first charge up to 100% at home. During the drive, I was happy to see another MME coming the other way, and I gave a wave - to see that the other fella was also waving at me, too! I felt great. I haven't had that feeling since owning my first Jeep Wrangler way back in time and learning about the "Jeep wave." Could it be that we start another tradition among us MME owners?

smp
Traditionally when two riders meet on the trail we just tip out hat's.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I finally found another MME in the wild. And it was sadly very anticlimactic. Pulling onto a highway on-ramp, I saw a very familiar set of headlamps in my mirror. Silver.

I slowed up a bit on the highway, waiting for my compatriot to pass. I prepared my wave. Not too enthusiastic, I told myself. Just play it cool.

The moment arrived. I looked to my left and flashed a confident but not overeager flip of the wrist. Nothing. Not so much as a look in my grabber blue direction. And the silver was FILTHY! Totally covered in gray dirt.

I dunno. Felt wrong.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I've seen two Mach-E's in the wild.

The first time, I was actually in a Model Y. My car was being repaired so I rented a Model Y. Wouldn't you know it, I finally see a Mach-E. I didn't wave because it just felt wrong.

And last Friday, we were eating on the patio of a restaurant to celebrate Mother's Day (and the first time we dined at a restaurant in over a year). A Mach-E parallel parked on the next block. My wife and I wanted to run over and say 'hi' but apparently it is considered rude to leave the table to run after someone driving a car. ? We did keep an eye on it the whole time we ate to make sure no one dinged it parking next to it. LOL

I'm looking forward to passing another Mach-E someday and you bet I'll be waving.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I see Mach-E's all the time being in Ford country. Having said that:

I was driving through my subdivision and came upon a stop sign. Turning right onto the street I was on was a grey Mach-E. The driver proceeded to finish his turn and stop right next to me gesticulating wildly with a big smile. I waved and proceeded on laughing profusely.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My total is up to 3 now overall with two in SF since I got mine (Space White and Carbonized). Haven't been able to make eye contact yet, but definitely excited to give the wave lol

Bosox07

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Premium 4x
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor
Country flag
My daughter and I saw one leaving her doctor's office one night right after I had ordered mine. She was actually the first to spot it, and it has been the only wild Mach E that I have seen so far (South Coast MA). I totally wanted to look it over but there was someone hanging out in the passenger seat.

vbfaker

First Name
Lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Saw my doppelgänger come up behind me on I71 a week or so ago. I flashed a thumbs up in the mirror. As he passed he looked over with this huge smile & we gave enthusiastic mutual thumbs up. Worked for me !

Premium 4x Carbonized Gray Metalic

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
I wave to fellow Corvette drivers/owners, so I'm down to wave to other Mach E people all the same :)

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
There are a lot more Mach E's than there were when this thread started.

The other day (in Mass), I was driving to work and there was a Mach E in front of me on the highway and then there was one to my right in the exit lane. The three of us is the most I've seen at one time so far!

I always try to wave at other MEs if they're looking.

A GV60 driver and I waived the other day! The fellowship of the new EV models! :cool:
Sponsored