Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Tomorrow night's webinar with Darren Palmer and Ron Heiser will be the opportunity for us to ask a lot of these really thorny technical questions and hopefully get straight answers. In fact, we should be asking them to clarify things like the 0-60, as it was recently updated but the website is still inconsistent (thanks @hybrid2bev for that new image, loving the 4.8s!). We've also had real questions about charge curves, maximum charge rates at 20% SOC vs 20-80% SOC charging, etc.

I'm starting this thread in advance as a thread where @Mach-E VLOG can place the video (thanks again for doing this), but also so we can start discussing some of the questions we want to all be typing into the chat tomorrow night.

URL reminder:
https://fordalpha.webex.com/fordalpha/onstage/g.php?MTID=e97d0d0294839fdbf63b2237339e23f4b

Edit: And here it is thanks to @Mach-E VLOG:
Sponsored

Last edited:

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yes, I have a few questions...

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Thanks for the URL reminder! Too bad Ford never sent out an updated email with the right URLs ?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I've been looking forward to this one! I hope there are some concrete numbers, but I imagine there will be a lot of talk about how they engineered in Mustang-like performance.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Questions copied over from a different thread:

From @zhackwyatt:

I can't make it. Anyone willing to ask about any battery/climate maintenance on a car that is parked in the sun on a 116 Fahrenheit day, unplugged. Unfortunately that's the way it has to be at work.

Also, does being plugged in at L1 offer any battery conditioning, or is it just L2?

From me:

I can't make it to this one, either. @zhackwyatt's first question is spot on for me, too.

Other things I'm wondering:

MSRP for second mobile charger?

Availability of pigtails for mobile charger, such as for NEMA 14-20R receptacles?

What actions is Ford taking to fulfill it's commitment to EV charging network expansion, beyond partnering with Greenlots for payment processing and location/status directories?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
How did they manage to keep the weight down below other comparable electric cars?

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Can someone please ask about how long I could leave the car in an airport parking lot before the car would die? I know we’ve discussed this on another thread, but I’d like to see what they have to say about it.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Hoping to make it - but have a busy evening. I want to know in addition to the above how the parking it for 8-10 hours outside in sub-zero weather not plugged in while at work might have an effect.

I would also like to know more specifics about what does the FordPass Network do for us as far as discount at Electrify America, and does it get us a discount at any other DCFC networks? How much will it cost when we have to pay for it?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1) Why such a big hold back; size of battery reserve reasoning?

2) Can @Mach-E VLOG minimize taskbar (auto hide taskbar in desktop mode)?

That's it for me. My dealer is pretty good keeping me informed of when deliver is expected and syncs with here; thanks for the time and info; appreciated Patrick.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
While not battery/charging specific, since this is our last chance to question the team, I’d like to get clarification on the front trunk divider - why (specifically)? And is it (easily) owner-removable?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
While not battery/charging specific, since this is our last chance to question the team, I’d like to get clarification on the front trunk divider - why (specifically)? And is it (easily) owner-removable?
In the last webcast they said it was for "safety reasons" without any further explanation. @trutolife27 said it was removable. Four bolts.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
can we get a professional video in the sun of the infinite blue MME?