Mach-e won't turn off

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
In the last two days, I've noticed my car not "turning off" when i leave it and walk away. The rear view mirrors close, so I know that the car is locked, but the brake lights and the headlines remain on. (Currently, it's been 10 minutes since I've left the car, and I still see the lights on through the windows in our detached garage.)

I've also noticed that when I reenter the car when it is like this, I get the "8-bit" Ford chimes instead of the Mach-e chimes, and the HVAC doesn't turn on automatically-- I have to manually press it.

What is going on? Anyone else experiencing this?

Paak is active, but I mostly use the fob.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
In the last two days, I've noticed my car not "turning off" when i leave it and walk away. The rear view mirrors close, so I know that the car is locked, but the brake lights and the headlines remain on. (Currently, it's been 10 minutes since I've left the car, and I still see the lights on through the windows in our detached garage.)

I've also noticed that when I reenter the car when it is like this, I get the "8-bit" Ford chimes instead of the Mach-e chimes, and the HVAC doesn't turn on automatically-- I have to manually press it.

Check your headlights switch. Maybe you have it set to On instead of Automatic?

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag

This happened to me the other day, for some reason my headlights changed. I always keep it to auto, but they somehow were no longer in the auto mode. There actually wasn't anything that was lit up. I had to turn them to on and then back to auto.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
This happened to me once. I just got in the car and rebooted it and switched the headlight switch to off. That seemed to fix it and it only happened once that I know of…

OP
OP
dml105

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
25 minutes in, it turned off when I hit the lock button on FordPass. The headlight setting hasn’t changed. (And that wouldn’t explain the 8-but chimes and lack of hvac.)

OP
OP
dml105

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This happened to me once. I just got in the car and rebooted it and switched the headlight switch to off. That seemed to fix it and it only happened once that I know of…
How do you reboot?

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
There is a setting to have the car automatically turn off in thirty minutes. Sorry I don't have the exact "route" to it now, but it is in the settings area of the car's computer.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
25 minutes in, it turned off when I hit the lock button on FordPass. The headlight setting hasn’t changed. (And that wouldn’t explain the 8-but chimes and lack of hvac.)
I'm not sure about the MME, but in my 2013 Fusion, the 8-bit chime was caused by a low-ish 12V battery voltage. I don't know when the MME engages the DC-DC converter to charge the 12V battery, but leaving the lights on for an extended amount of time might have drained the battery to have caused it.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just got my Mach-E yesterday and encountered this.

My left knee must have bumped the dial (see image) and kept the headlights on. The car chimes constantly but I did not know what was wrong.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-e won't turn off D5613721-9759-4D1B-B7ED-D98687B29FDB

Thankfully I didn’t leave the lights on overnight.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, it's a bug. Changes by itself.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You did not bump it, welcome to owning a MME.

If you look at the knob you will see there is no orange indicator light. Just turn it till you see the indicator light and set it back on auto. That resolves the issue till it breaks again lol

AdamGilles12

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mach E Premium All-Wheel Drive
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Country flag
Had my MME for 5 days and this happened to me this morning when I auto started the car when it was in the garage. Not that big of an issue

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Also having this issue in my GTPE and I think its not a small issue.
The headlights stay on for a very long time - seems that the headlight switch resets itself off of Auto and then needs to be manually put back there...assuming you realize it.
In addition to draining battery, its pretty inconvenient for everyone around who is worried someone left their lights on and is trying to be helpful and let you know.
Maybe in the grand scheme of issues cars can have its not massive, but its actually quite inconvenient and noticeable and hopefully Ford is paying attention and can fix this.

@Ford Motor Company - that comment was for you!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Also having this issue in my GTPE and I think its not a small issue.
The headlights stay on for a very long time - seems that the headlight switch resets itself off of Auto and then needs to be manually put back there...assuming you realize it.
In addition to draining battery, its pretty inconvenient for everyone around who is worried someone left their lights on and is trying to be helpful and let you know.
Maybe in the grand scheme of issues cars can have its not massive, but its actually quite inconvenient and noticeable and hopefully Ford is paying attention and can fix this.

@Ford Motor Company - that comment was for you!
Good Morning! Would you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I'd like to look into your Mach E's headlight issue on my end.
Sponsored

Last edited: