Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
Do you have any examples you can share? Starting and ending battery %, distance traveled and time it took?
I've not logged all my trips, but checked it after each one and calculated it on % battery left, not GOM.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
again, the 270 is based on the EPA testing and is targeted for american highways. Read the article about the GOM: worry about the mi/kwh you actually get driving where and how you drive, not the wild-ass-guess that the range estimator tells you
I don't use GOM. Pos.

I get that, but in UK it is sold as doing 335 miles. Not 270.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
The ER AWD is advertised with a range of 335 miles. Mine shows 278, at best. Speaking to the dealer and my Mach E Support Concierge, this is normal.

I paid for a FE with a 335 mile range. 278 is NOT 335.

Please comment IF you too are unhappy about the blatant misrepresentation. I've even asked to reject the car (awaiting a reply).

You don't have to complain directly, but I'd like to know if the range issue is causing anyone to feel a bit miffed.
ER AWD advertised APPROXIMATE range is 270 miles. Your expectations are incorrect.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I get that, but in UK it is sold as doing 335 miles.
Only if you average 46.5 km/h like the WLTP cycle testing (28.8 miles per hour average).

If you drive faster or slower than that your mileage may vary. Plus other factors like, elevation changes, ambient temperature, wind intensity and direction, rain/snow, battery health, etc.

Last edited:

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
This looks like the std in UK used is garbage, no way ford made any difference between export and state side performance

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I get that 335 is the highest figure, but 253 or 278 are nowhere near that figure and it is being sold as doing 335 (their ads, not mine).

I know how to drive 'economically' and could ( but rarely did) get 65 mpg from my X Drive 335d. I wa happy to get 40+ the way I drove it, but I simply can't get this up anywhere near the 335 (or above 300) figure.

I'd be happier with 300, or if they had said 270. But they didn't.
Ford is using the exact testing procedure that your country requires, and Ford reported the results for certification by whatever agency is applicable in the UK. Your complaint is with your government, not the dealership or Ford Motor Company.

You have ZERO basis to return the car, sue Ford, or whatever else.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
My point is, as you say, it is advertised here as 335, but 270 in the US. We paid for 335, but got 270. Not what I paid for.
Nobody promised you any particular range, because it would be impossible. Ford explicitly states:
" Based on full charge. Figure shown is the target range achieved using the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP). Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviours, vehicle maintenance, and lithium-ion battery age. "

EV range can vary significantly in different driving conditions, that's true for Ford and for everybody else. I observed the difference 3 times in actual driving, from 1.8m/kWh to 5.6m/kWh.

That said, I think you have a reason to be upset, but not with Ford, rather with the accepted WLTP standard, which is obviously misleading people. So send your complaints to the Inland Transport Committee of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, which adopted such an awful standard.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Does nobody ever read the small print anymore?!

Anyone naive enough to buy a car with the belief that they’ll always get the top end advertised figure deserves all they get! ?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Worse. I've done 2000 miles in it. Yesterday got 253 miles as calculated range, even though I was driving like Miss Daisy (wife on board).

Not happy with this car, at all. Won't be an early adopter again. Dealer network, Mach E Support team, Ford Complaint dept all have no clue about this car.
As stated, calculated range is irrelevant. Take miles per kWh and multiply by 88.

Last edited:

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My [car] is supposed to get 20mpg, and it has a 10 gallon tank. I drove 180 miles and ran out of gas, more than once. I'm returning my car, stupid false advertising...I paid for a car that should go 200 miles on a tank of gas, by golly.
(That's basically the same as OP, just adjusted for fossil fuel vehicle.)
Edit: YMMV...Where do you think Your Mileage May Vary originally came from? Here's what mine says after ~5000 miles

Screenshot_20210831-080802_FordPass.jpg

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I'm sure I'm gonna regret wading into this one - but here goes.

@Trevor - yes the car is advertised as giving up to 335 miles per charge - however it's totally based on driving style and that big ass caveat on the website shown below...

If you want the figure to magically jump back up just reset your driving history on the SYNC screen. This will forget any of the less than perfect driving history that's happened in the past and you can start afresh. Drive like an angel after that and you'll be all good.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage Complaint Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 23.19.11

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A mile is a mile, but the testing procedures specified by the EPA methodology and the WLTP methodology are very different. Things like the mix of various speeds during the test, changes to speed in the test, calculations for air resistance (the tests are done on a dynamometer), weight, etc.
Think it is a problem now just wait till it gets colder ;). Depending how he drives it and if that is real slow he may get 335 miles of range. Me mostly highway at 65 mph and I am tickled with 270 miles. 335 not a chance and not expected as that is the fictitious wltp range at 68F not highway. His problem is with the ones that define the wltp test mythology not Ford? Ford just does the test and states the numbers. With the number of variables that define real world range it becomes impossible to answer or help.

What's the average speed?
What's the ambient temperature?
What's the terrain?
What's the wind speed?
What's is the road conditions?

Drive it at 50 mph at 68F on a flat smooth surface with no wind. Come back and tell us what they got and then there is something to discuss. Total misunderstand of ev's and stated range I think. WLTP range is not written in stone for any speed and/or condition. Bit silly even spending time on this.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
The ER AWD is advertised with a range of 335 miles. Mine shows 278, at best. Speaking to the dealer and my Mach E Support Concierge, this is normal.

I paid for a FE with a 335 mile range. 278 is NOT 335.

Please comment IF you too are unhappy about the blatant misrepresentation. I've even asked to reject the car (awaiting a reply).

You don't have to complain directly, but I'd like to know if the range issue is causing anyone to feel a bit miffed.
Are you willing to limit your speed to 31 mph? If so, you will get well over 335 miles. See here:
Ford Mustang Mach-E sets world record for EV efficiency | Autocar

Otherwise, as others have advised, it is dependent on your driving, weather and other factors. Good luck.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I agree with the folks who are saying that your beef is with the requirement of your government to use the WLTP for range estimates. Since that is supposed to be uniform throughout your country, it’s very unlikely any other EV is going to provide the range that the government mandated range estimate provides.

I’m totally unsure that expectations based on a uniform testing procedure would be a legal basis for forcing the dealer to take the car back. Check your regional and local statutes.
Sponsored