Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Like the title says.....my car didn't charge last night. This is the first time it has happened. As far as i know, I haven't made any changes to the charge schedule. ???

When I parked at home last night, I remember seeing a message on the screen that said something like "there isn't enough time for your car to fully charge before your next departure time" (or something to that effect). My car is set to charge between the hours of midnight and 6 am on weekdays because those are reduced rates for me. I drove quite a bit yesterday (about 150 miles). So, if my L2 EVSE can provide enough power to charge my car at a rate of 21 miles/hr then it would take over 7 hours to charge to 100% so that message makes sense and I am okay with it. In my mind, I figured the car would charge for those 6 hours and then possibly continue charging from 6 am to 7:15 am (which is my departure time). This is what my previous Ford EV would do if a departure time was set. Essentially, it would make sure my car was fully charged prior to my departure time.....even if that meant it had to charge outside the preset times.

I am not sure what the Mach-E does though. It almost seems like it does the opposite.....if it can't fully charge in that window then it doesn't charge at all! :oops: When I walked out to my car this morning.....it was charging and/or preconditioning the car. The EVSE was on and I heard the contactors open when I disconnected the J1772 connector from the car so that was normal and to be expected. What was unexpected is that my car was nowhere near fully charged. It was probably at 66% when it was nearly 50% when I parked last night. ????

I checked the charge screens and it has contradictory information. Time of day was 7:38 and it shows my Home charge provile as "Will charge when plugged in" which is not correct because I have a schedule set.

Unless I am missing something super obvious.....
I think the car started charging at 6:00 am instead of midnight......which is so wrong.
I am not sure how to fix this. Does anyone see anything in the settings that I am able to correct? When I got to work, I turned off "Charge Scheduling" for the Work location and the car is charging at the moment.

BTW, there is no problem with the EVSE. It works perfectly fine, no issues. Our Focus Electric is on it right now and I can see that is charging just fine (via the MyFordMobile app and website....). System time on the SYNC screen is correct.

???? ? ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! 20210312_073738

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! 20210312_073827

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! 20210312_080357

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wow. Mine acted strange when I parked in my garage last night, too!

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! PXL_20210312_014713757~2

It did charge fine.

However the on Sunday night it was supposed to start charging at 11pm... I went out to see what was happening at 11:40 and it was not charging... I press the door open button on the driver door and then it immediately started charging.

Car was deep sleeping, I guess.

These sorts of bugs need to be fixed asap... I hope the first several update packages are focused on bug fixes.

This morning, I'm unable to see charge settings or schedules through the FordPass app. Cloud bugs, I assume... Again, I hope they are being appropriately prioritized and squashed.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I forgot to add... I deleted the departure time schedule several days ago because I don't really need that feature right now (I don't even have the ac on most of the time). So the above message was really puzzling.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I had a similar thing happen last night and this morning it was not charged. When I checked the car you could hear the hum that it was doing something, but the car was actually not doing any charge. I'm using the ChargePoint Home Flex so I could see it was delivering 0 to the car, but it was Blue which indicates it is connected.

Long story short, I unplugged the ChargePoint. Deleted my schedule and charging locations from the Sync screen. Plugged the Ford Mobile charger into 110V and the plugged the car in. It started charging immediately. I gave it a few minutes, disconnected and then plugged the ChargePoint back in and it started charging like it is supposed to. Then I added the charging location and schedule back. Hopefully it will charge tonight.

Note: I left out some bits where I tried unplugging/plugging the Mobile Charger at 240V and the ChargePoint in the beginning. It seems the trick was deleting locations, plugging in the 110v to get the location back, and then setting things up again.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
[
Wow. Mine acted strange when I parked in my garage last night, too!

PXL_20210312_014713757~2.jpg

It did charge fine.

However the on Sunday night it was supposed to start charging at 11pm... I went out to see what was happening at 11:40 and it was not charging... I press the door open button on the driver door and then it immediately started charging.

Car was deep sleeping, I guess.

These sorts of bugs need to be fixed asap... I hope the first several update packages are focused on bug fixes.

This morning, I'm unable to see charge settings or schedules through the FordPass app. Cloud bugs, I assume... Again, I hope they are being appropriately prioritized and squashed.
Yes. I think that was the message I saw!
If this is a bug in the software then it is very concerning because what if I really needed my car to be fully charged today? I almost made plans to drive down to Tucson but that was cancelled at the last minute. I would need 100% to get there and back for sure....

As an FYI......
I know the SRP EV rate plan shows 11:00 pm but my Focus Electric never recognized that. In the FFE.....when you set up Value Charge settings, it asks who your utility company is while displaying a list. I selected SRP and it automatically sets my Value Charge times to midnight to 6 am. (ignoring the 11:00 pm to midnight hour). I am not sure why it does that, but I was never able to manually set the times in that car.....it pulled the times from the cloud somewhere. I figured there was maybe some glitch in the time schedules when it changes from one day to the next. So, when I set the charge times in my MME, I just selected midnight to 6:00 am just to be safe. That worked for over two weeks but it failed last night for some reason. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! 1615571428637

EDIT: I see my off peak EV rates actually end at 5:00 am. I thought it was 6:00 am for some reason.....??? I will have to change that soon....

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had a similar thing happen last night and this morning it was not charged. When I checked the car you could hear the hum that it was doing something, but the car was actually not doing any charge. I'm using the ChargePoint Home Flex so I could see it was delivering 0 to the car, but it was Blue which indicates it is connected.

Long story short, I unplugged the ChargePoint. Deleted my schedule and charging locations from the Sync screen. Plugged the Ford Mobile charger into 110V and the plugged the car in. It started charging immediately. I gave it a few minutes, disconnected and then plugged the ChargePoint back in and it started charging like it is supposed to. Then I added the charging location and schedule back. Hopefully it will charge tonight.

Note: I left out some bits where I tried unplugging/plugging the Mobile Charger at 240V and the ChargePoint in the beginning. It seems the trick was deleting locations, plugging in the 110v to get the location back, and then setting things up again.
Interesting.....
I wonder how many others woke up to a car that didn't charge overnight? ?

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Seems like there is some bugs in the departure settings. If you have a EVSE with charging schedules, I would use that for right now. Just my 2 cents. I can’t get my car to charge on my 240V (at all). Ford flew out an engineer and they are at my house trying to figure it out. I don’t think they are going to solve today but install some monitoring software to give data back to the team.

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The night before my road trip I was really nervous about exactly this scenario and actually woke up at 2:15 am, looked and my phone and Ford pass said not charging. It also said it would be done charging Jan 1 at 8 am or something. I ran out to the garage and unplugged and replugged and deleted the charge times from the main screen to just make it charge to 100%.

It seems like the battery charging is best managed from the car, not Ford pass.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Interesting.....
I wonder how many others woke up to a car that didn't charge overnight? ?
Mine charged last night. Plugged in at 39% last night around 7 PM. Started charging right on schedule at 11 PM, it's sitting at it's set target of 80% now.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if these bugs with charging schedule have something to with a bad time zone in the app's software? That would cause it to think it was not the time it really was, and then avoid charging or wait until 6pm GMT or something.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
As an FYI......
I know the SRP EV rate plan shows 11:00 pm but my Focus Electric never recognized that. In the FFE.....when you set up Value Charge settings, it asks who your utility company is while displaying a list. I selected SRP and it automatically sets my Value Charge times to midnight to 6 am. (ignoring the 11:00 pm to midnight hour). I am not sure why it does that, but I was never able to manually set the times in that car.....it pulled the times from the cloud somewhere.
FordPass has the correct hours for the SRP EV TOU rate plan... It's just under the old plan name (when it was still an experimental plan).

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! Screenshot_20210312-112757

But since it's 11pm-5am year round, it's also simple enough to set it manually.

BTW, I couldn't get to the above screen this morning... Or see my saved charging locations, or departure times. None of that was loading properly.

They all work now. So I believe this was a cloud issue... And maybe related to the issue that caused your car to not charge. That's a nasty bug, if true.

@Mach-E VLOG this might be why you were having issues with your charge locations, too.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I've seen on occasion that the car puts itself into some form of sleep mode whereby the car (and Fordpass) reports that it's unplugged, even though it actually is. For me this happens after it finishes charging (on schedule)

When I've pinged the car, or stopped/started the EVSE remotely, the car wakes up and reports a different state.

It is a bit frustrating as the other day I expected the car to start preconditioning, but it didn't because it thought that it was unplugged.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
FordPass has the correct hours for the SRP EV TOU rate plan... It's just under the old plan name (when it was still an experimental plan).

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! Screenshot_20210312-112757

But since it's 11pm-5am year round, it's also simple enough to set it manually.

BTW, I couldn't get to the above screen this morning... Or see my saved charging locations, or departure times. None of that was loading properly.

They all work now. So I believe this was a cloud issue... And maybe related to the issue that caused your car to not charge. That's a nasty bug, if true.

@Mach-E VLOG this might be why you were having issues with your charge locations, too.
Interesting....
I dont get that screen in my FordPass or anything like it in the car. Weird. ???