Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
I just updated the form. Ford of Londonderry Internet Sales Manager told me he would honor x-plan if Ford had it for the Mach-E. Today I am supposed to take delivery and he is backing out of it saying we talked about x-plan but he never said that. I hope no one does business with them again. I've heard nothing but negative things about how they treat people, but I thought I was having a decent experience and wanted to give them a shot and stay local (mind you, I have 3 other Ford dealers within 10-15 miles of my house, too).
If it helps (it probably won't), I have a pricing sheet for my (as yet not delivered) GT order showing the X-Plan pricing, specific to my car with the options I chose. They may not want to sell you the car via X-Plan, but it's a lie if they say it's not offered.
Sponsored

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Might want to take Moon Township Ford in PA off the list since they've been putting 10-15k ADMs on customer ordered Broncos and only notifying them of it the week their vehicle arrives. Might be a different case for the Mach-E but I wouldn't trust them with an order since this is a practice they're comfortable with.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Created an account just to update this thread - placed a 2022 order at SanTan Ford (Gilbert, AZ) yesterday. They are listed here as no ADM on ordered units and confirmed that with a salesman a month or so ago when I was looking at 2021s. Received an email and text from a sales director today confirming my order and I asked to confirm whether they had no ADM, but he responded that ordered units are $3,500 over sticker plus dealer add-ons. When I mentioned that I was told by a salesman this should not be the case, he then said no markup on ordered units. In the meantime, I called Earnhardt Ford (Chandler, AZ) and they confirmed no ADM. I told the original dealer that I wouldn't play their games and would transfer to the new dealer. Received a call from a manager at the original dealer who said he saw the conversation and assured me no ADM and would get it to me in an email.

Not sure if this was an attempt at deception or an honest mistake.

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
Created an account just to update this thread - placed a 2022 order at SanTan Ford (Gilbert, AZ) yesterday. They are listed here as no ADM on ordered units and confirmed that with a salesman a month or so ago when I was looking at 2021s. Received an email and text from a sales director today confirming my order and I asked to confirm whether they had no ADM, but he responded that ordered units are $3,500 over sticker plus dealer add-ons. When I mentioned that I was told by a salesman this should not be the case, he then said no markup on ordered units. In the meantime, I called Earnhardt Ford (Chandler, AZ) and they confirmed no ADM. I told the original dealer that I wouldn't play their games and would transfer to the new dealer. Received a call from a manager at the original dealer who said he saw the conversation and assured me no ADM and would get it to me in an email.

Although they shouldn’t have ADM on ordered units, make sure to get it in writing regardless of the dealer.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I'm guessing this all boils down to how they the dealership is setup on compensation...

For the salesperson at some dealership, $0 markup = $0 income = no food/rent
(why waste my time?)

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm guessing this all boils down to how they the dealership is setup on compensation...

For the salesperson at some dealership, $0 markup = $0 income = no food/rent
(why waste my time?)
If markups are the only source of income, they should pick a real job instead.

It’s the customer’s time, money and mental health that’s wasted at dealerships.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The reason I reserved with the dealer I chose was because they were listed in this thread as no ADM and X-plan. During a phone call earlier this week, the dealer’s internet manager confirmed no ADM across the board, but said they are not doing X-plan. Too late to change now, oh well. Dealer did tell me they will explore as many incentives as they can - Bill Brandt Ford in Brentwood, CA. Hour and a half or more Uber ride out there, since I plan on selling my Fusion Energi the day before or on the day of my MME‘s arrival.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Well, the pandemic and supply chain is affecting everything and not just cars. I think someone posted about a fridge being a month affair and I have someone doing some work at my house and it's a month for 1 part that's low-tech, etc...My Bolt buyback is a nightmare.

I mean, I get it and yeah, it's downright cheating, but this is why I'm saying these dealership models will simply disappear because if you have nothing to sell, salespeople have $0 income and more and more car manufactuers are going electric which will in turn, force these people to change jobs.

Look at real estate. I'm in CA and there is no supply and things get sold in < 1 week for 50%+ more than 3 years ago. If you were a real estate agent/broker, it's tough when you have nothing (no homes) to sell.

Bottom line is there is an inherent conflict of interest with the traditional dealership model and sales people. They make commissions based on their cars sold (I'm assuming) and a Mach-e sold at MSRP is a waste of a salesperson time (they're not selling a thing, just delivering a car)...The dealership gets probably the bulk or all of the $$ from the transaction.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
NO ADM at Porter Ford in Delaware, at least not on Mach-E orders.
Now if you want that shiny new GT500 on the showroom floor its going to cost you a cool $20K adm! ? Oh and if your looking for a clean 1994 Fox body 5.0 convertible with only 15000 miles, it can be had for a measly 23K.

I have been a customer here for over 20 years and have never been taken advantage of, but then again I never bought a high demand vehicle before either.
My Mach-E will be the first high demand vehicle I have ever purchased and don't really mind paying the MSRP.

Tony

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag

If they could get a real job, they would, don't ya think? It's not like the ads are requiring Master's degrees to apply.

There's always been an inherent conflict with price and margin. A seller needs margin to survive but the market is inherently driven to cut margin. I'd rather not negotiate but I get the reason it exists: capitalism. And we're in doubly F'd up times.

The problem with car buying is all the BS, games, and dishonesty that goes around it. You can't trust one single thing in a process that is designed to trick, manipulate and pressure you into doing something stupid.

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If they could get a real job, they would, don't ya think? It's not like the ads are requiring Master's degrees to apply.

There's always been an inherent conflict with price and margin. A seller needs margin to survive but the market is inherently driven to cut margin. I'd rather not negotiate but I get the reason it exists: capitalism. And we're in doubly F'd up times.

The problem with car buying is all the BS, games, and dishonesty that goes around it. You can't trust one single thing in a process that is designed to trick, manipulate and pressure you into doing something stupid.
That is exactly the problem. The customer is putting down $50k and still has to go through an energy sapping experience.

I have no qualms with ADM on stock inventory when there’s a shortage. My issue with some dealers tacking on ADM or other useless packages on online orders too.

Dogtoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
This list isn't correct. Evergreen ford just tried to add 10k on me.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
This list isn't correct. Evergreen ford just tried to add 10k on me.
You can make edits to it with new info. I've had to, too. :-/

qberrt

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 22 Mach E
Country flag
I called several dealers in Ashland , King George and Richmond, Virginia. Sheehy (Ashland) places no ADM on orders, Richmond Ford places no ADM on orders, Bayside Ford (King George) places no ADM on orders. They all, however, place ADM on any cars that end up on their lot through dealer trades or order cancellations. I placed my order through Bayside because they had two units I could test drive and examine up close.

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Royal oak Ford in Michigan is adm free as far as I know. Mine was.
Sponsored