jksu

Reaction score
Vehicles
volvo
Country flag
Good news, Galpin Ford in Van Nuys California has confirmed no ADM:
"I just spoke with my Department Manager who tells me we can guarantee there wont be a mark up in price for the Mach E in our part. Our sales price will be the price listed by Ford as the MSRP.
If you want to place your order with us, you will need to cancel your excisting order and place a new order choosing Galpin Ford as your dealership."

I have my order placed with Star Ford in Glendale, actually. Still waiting to get confirmation they will not add ADM. The Star salesperson I spoke with said he didn't think so, that the Mach-E isn't quite rare enough like a Shelby and that he had not heard any plans to do so -- but he couldn't promise. Said he would check with his general manager and get back to me....

But is the 2nd point from Galpin above correct, if I want to switch to Galpin?
I thought we can pick/switch our dealer at the time of ordering?

I don't want to cancel and lose my chance to get my Mach-E in 2020 (especially with all these battery shortages!)

Last edited:

jlauro

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Charger R/T AWD, Rav4, future Mach-E
Country flag
@jksu , I wouldn't risk canceling and loosing my place in line unless you were sure you didn't want to get the vehicle from the current listed dealer (especially if you have a FE on reserve). Someone called Ford and Ford said you could have the new dealer take over the reservation at the time of ordering, At this point in time, I would trust Ford more than a dealer about knowing the best procedure. I suggest you call their customer support at 800-392-3673 if you want to do something now instead of waiting.

TheBluf

Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
Good news, Galpin Ford in Van Nuys California has confirmed no ADM:
"I just spoke with my Department Manager who tells me we can guarantee there wont be a mark up in price for the Mach E in our part. Our sales price will be the price listed by Ford as the MSRP.
If you want to place your order with us, you will need to cancel your excisting order and place a new order choosing Galpin Ford as your dealership."

I have my order placed with Star Ford in Glendale, actually, and am still waiting to hear back whether they can confirm the will not add ADM. The salesperson I spoke with said he didn't think so, that the Mach-E isn't quite rare enough like a Shelby and that had not heard any plans to do so -- but he couldn't promise. Said he would have to confirm with the general manager and get back to me....

But is the 2nd point from Galpin above correct if I want to switch to Galpin?
I thought we can pick/switch our dealer at the time of ordering?

I don't want to cancel and lose my chance to get my Mach-E in 2020 (especially with all these battery shortages!)
Please let us know if you hear back from Star Ford - that's my current dealer, but I would switch to Galpin if Star Ford plans to charge ADM. I'm also wondering if either (or both) of them will accept X plan pricing, as I'd change dealers for that...

Sweetwater

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler and Compass Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired Electrican
Country flag
I do not think my dealer has a clue on what to do about selling the Mach.
Too early in the game to get straight answers. Sure call them and ask your
questions. They will be there to make you happy. Then call them again later
but first add *67 when you call to block your name. This is because when your
number comes up the computer shows you are their customer.
I did this and spoke to different salesmen and got different answers.
As: I was the only one to have a reservation then 2 days later there were
20. Yesterday there was 2. It does happen.

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
@jksu , I wouldn't risk canceling and loosing my place in line unless you were sure you didn't want to get the vehicle from the current listed dealer (especially if you have a FE on reserve).

Someone called Ford and Ford said you could have the new dealer take over the reservation at the time of ordering, At this point in time, I would trust Ford more than a dealer about knowing the best procedure. I suggest you call their customer support at 800-392-3673 if you want to do something now instead of waiting.
This is what I've read also. So I'm going to start talking to different local dealers to hopefully get multiple commitments to apply no ADM pricing. That way if my original dealer gets greedy and applies ADM, I'll have alternative dealers in place to whom I can switch my purchase.

Coastie68

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
Honda CR-V, Honda Clarity, Ram 1500
Country flag
Verified with Bickford Ford in Snohomish WA that they will NOT be using ADM.....this is also listed in the sticky in this thread. They also stated they will accept X-Plan pricing....joined the Mustang Club today.

Al your Pal

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Country flag
I reserved at Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston. Salesman I spoke with said they won't be marking up the Mach-E, but he knows next to nothing about it. I'm taking it with a grain of salt. He said they would be marking up the GT500 they're getting lol.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I'm not sure I understand the question? Reservations will be honored, it's just a question of timing. In terms of stocking them after the reservation period is up, that's anybody's guess but they will probably prefer ZEV credit states. But if you're looking to reserve today, I see no reason why your order would be delayed reserving through us vs. another dealership / state / etc. This isn't a new/startup manufacturer 😉 And we're still a month or two out from the start of production, if I understand the published timeline correctly.
Hmm, I don't think so. If we we were that close to production, deliveries would be sooner than Nov/Dec.

jlauro

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Charger R/T AWD, Rav4, future Mach-E
Country flag
Hmm, I don't think so. If we we were that close to production, deliveries would be sooner than Nov/Dec.
They will have to let the new paint dry. 🤣

Seriously though, I hope some dealers get some much earlier for test drives...