Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Power Up OTA update 2.8.2 downloaded successfully last night. Part of the 21G01.
BC tested again today for few miles. No issues. Anyone else received the 2.8.2 update??
Yup. Last night.
Sponsored

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Power Up OTA update 2.8.2 downloaded successfully last night. Part of the 21G01.
BC tested again today for few miles. No issues. Anyone else received the 2.8.2 update??
Yes last night. Today received 2.8.3.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The Ford software update process is totally screwed up. I am now just going to wait it out with no BC and no lane centering. I have an open customer support case and they have no clue about what is wrong. Pathetic.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The Ford software update process is totally screwed up. I am now just going to wait it out with no BC and no lane centering. I have an open customer support case and they have no clue about what is wrong. Pathetic.
I just toasted you since we both are in the same boat pretty much. SanTan Brewing Co. - Mr. Pineapple. Cheers! :)

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just toasted you since we both are in the same boat pretty much. SanTan Brewing Co. - Mr. Pineapple. Cheers! :)
I am having a few cold brews at home. :)

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
That is my state of being. Max has been with my dealer since May 3rd. The dealer is currently awaiting the delivery of a couple of modules which they failed to overnight and instead should show up "sometime this week". Once they do, a Ford Field Engineer will come onsite to see if they can get me updated to BlueCruise. I was one of the Mach-e's stuck on 1.7.1 back in November of 2021.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
I'm not in a large metro area so the choice of dealerships is not that great. They are all small town dealerships. The one I go to in Myrtle Beach, SC, Beach Ford, is the largest one in my area. I understand that it's a long process but they didn't seem inclined to even attempt it. My main question is does anyone know whether their concern about there being a hold on this update is valid or were they just trying to get rid of me.
I just came back from the 2nd dealer I was attempting to get the updates done by and I got the same response that they are afraid to run any updates as another car got bricked. They don’t trust that Ford has fixed the issues so they want to even attempt anything else.

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
I was in the same boat. It CAN be fixed as my dealer did it the second time around. Do you have another dealership you can consult?

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was in the same boat. It CAN be fixed as my dealer did it the second time around. Do you have another dealership you can consult?
I want Ford to get their process figured out, last time my car was at the dealer for 5 days. I have had software updates done by dealers on ICE as well as other EVs, never took more than 4 hours. Software updates are not new to Ford and it is obvious that it is so overly complex that even trained dealers cannot get the job done properly.

My windshield recall plus the 22P21 update took 3 weeks.

The only time I have taken my MME in and got it back the same day was to program a second FOB, that was done in <2 hours.

Now we see on this forum that individuals with FDRS can lookup our vin and figure out what is missing or incomplete, but Ford at the same time has no clue?

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
I want Ford to get their process figured out, last time my car was at the dealer for 5 days. I have had software updates done by dealers on ICE as well as other EVs, never took more than 4 hours. Software updates are not new to Ford and it is obvious that it is so overly complex that even trained dealers cannot get the job done properly.

My windshield recall plus the 22P21 update took 3 weeks.

The only time I have taken my MME in and got it back the same day was to program a second FOB, that was done in <2 hours.

Now we see on this forum that individuals with FDRS can lookup our vin and figure out what is missing or incomplete, but Ford at the same time has no clue?
I'm not sure we can say "Ford" as a whole entity. Some dealers are having more success than others...I think based on the skill and knowledge of their techs. When I went the first time, the dealership claimed everything went really well and I got my car back in a day and a half. I got there, Sync 244, and no lane centering. Finally, I convinced them that this forum is actually full of knowledgable people and printed out a bunch of stuff for them and on a second visit (another day and a half) Sync 421 and BlueCruise. This also came in junction with the updated instructions for 21G01 and updated modules through FDRS. So, it's not been smooth at all, I get it. But it is possible with the right group working on the car. Dealers are stuck in the old ways of doing things. They still offer me oil changes on a regular basis.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
ARGHHH

After 20+ days at the dealer for 21G01 Ford and the dealer got Blue Cruise working. It worked for 8 days. Now it is back to where it was.... hands on only.

What a disappointment!
It healed its self? Last evening I took another short road trip, I had changed no settings anywhere... and about 30 seconds after engaging cruise on I84 in "hands on" mode, BC kicked in and worked for the rest of the trip. This is good!... but why on the same road did it not work before and why the long delay to start? I know, you are thinking user error, but I don't think so. I wonder if one of cameras is in some way not happy?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Securialert just told me they opened my door! I hope that means they are working on it again. I really want to give this Escape' Hybrid loaner back. I don't like it.

RLW

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
It healed its self? Last evening I took another short road trip, I had changed no settings anywhere... and about 30 seconds after engaging cruise on I84 in "hands on" mode, BC kicked in and worked for the rest of the trip. This is good!... but why on the same road did it not work before and why the long delay to start? I know, you are thinking user error, but I don't think so. I wonder if one of cameras is in some way not happy?
The exact same thing happened to me last week. I thought it was just my vehicle. Then last Saturday it just reappeared and is back to working properly.