Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hmm, it shows that my order was accepted by my dealer on the main reservations page, but the place order circle just shows as a Blue 2 on the status page. No checkmark. It really does make it seem like the "next step" is to place the order. ?‍♂
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot_20201125-061207

Guess I should follow up with my dealer. At least it looks like I'm approved by Ford finance for up to $183,000 so I have that going for me, which is nice.
Sponsored

fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
Ok, just talked to the dealer. The website must be out of whack or something. Dealer says they are still only working with the original $500.

On a plus side, the car has been scheduled and they should have a production date for me next week. They are thinking a late Jan or Feb delivery, but just a guess.

Long story short, website doesn't reflect whats really going on it seems.

Something I just noticed

$7,500 is a listed dealer deposit on my view, I already paid the $500, not sure what this is.

Dealer Deposit: This is the deposit your Dealer will receive to process your order. Your Dealer Deposit will be applied towards the purchase price of the Vehicle. By paying a Dealer Deposit, you are agreeing to the Dealer’s selling price for your selected vehicle. Dealer Deposit refund policy may vary based on your selected Dealer. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before you place your order.

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I see the exact same change as you.
And relax, it's just they updated their front-end UI, nothing changed in raw data from their API at least for me.
If you know some web knowledge, you can just find the raw data from Chrome dev tool. After the dealer accepted my order, the status is just "ORDERED" in raw json.
I also noticed sometimes the page won't load or the information won't fully display, it's also just their webpage is having issue.. The API response is always still there so relax
Thanks! I'm feeling quite relaxed.
Also, welcome to the forum!
That's a good point to check the raw json returned by the server. It's just strange that they went live with such a broken UI.

codeGR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge Titanium, (on order) 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Standard Range
Country flag
$7,500 is a listed dealer deposit on my view, I already paid the $500, not sure what this is.
Where do you see this? I don't see any deposit listed on my screen.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I'm over here with a GT reservation like, "what changes?"

fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
Where do you see this? I don't see any deposit listed on my screen.
On order page, under Order Details, then look under your dealer name. I could have sworn this was only 3 line items before.

My order page is now updated to "scheduled for production" as well.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Fun thing about going to the Vehicle Dashboard (beta) for me now is that it lists both an Expedition and a Mach-E as being in my garage (and the Expedition's VIN is the same as the one for the Mach-E).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot 2020-11-25 121826

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Darn it! OTA updates are disabled for it (um yeah it won't exist for at least another 2 weeks)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot 2020-11-25 122023

Also note that even though I have Mach-E selected clicking on "Owner's Manual" takes me to the Expedition manual! LMAO

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
On order page, under Order Details, then look under your dealer name. I could have sworn this was only 3 line items before.

My order page is now updated to "scheduled for production" as well.
Are you talking about this page? I guess mine is "scheduled for production".... Except not, because it's not checked?
Also I agree, they changed the line items here. The whole page has been refreshed, albeit not necessarily for the better yet. Lol.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot_20201125-124242

codeGR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge Titanium, (on order) 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Standard Range
Country flag
Interesting. I only see Order Date, Order Number, and Your Dealer listed under Order Details.

fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
exactly. so something is going on with the site, or you need to force refresh the page??

as for scheduled for production, my guess is there are states between place order, scheduled for production and actual production.

all I know is, things are moving along faster than I anticipated.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Darn it! OTA updates are disabled for it (um yeah it won't exist for at least another 2 weeks)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Screenshot_20201125-124242

Also note that even though I have Mach-E selected clicking on "Owner's Manual" takes me to the Expedition manual! LMAO
Interesting. I don't even see that box or the accessories one, and mine are in a different order and less specific (no Mach-E mentioned).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates 1606327122701

The best part is by switching vehicles, I can get a Mach-E that I'm already used to:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates 1606327216554