Ordered Extended Range Battery, Got the Standard

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I really do want to thank you for all your suggestions. Some helpful and some...well not so much! 😆 I learned a lot and it also helped me when dealing with the dealership. It's amazing how much mis information is out there. Bottom line is I DO have the ER. We know know how to reset driving history. My 8th Character on my VIN is a 7. You all like to poke fun when you can. Enjoy your day and have a Happy and safe new year!!.
You should still ask the dealer what they‘re going to do about the problem since they confirmed you had the wrong battery. Tell them that you’ll take the price difference in cash.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I really do want to thank you for all your suggestions. Some helpful and some...well not so much! 😆 I learned a lot and it also helped me when dealing with the dealership. It's amazing how much mis information is out there. Bottom line is I DO have the ER. We know know how to reset driving history. My 8th Character on my VIN is a 7. You all like to poke fun when you can. Enjoy your day and have a Happy and safe new year!!.
I think we’re all happy to help people find out that dealerships are full of it, as sad as it may be. You did the biggest step of coming to the forum and investigating yourself, which a lot of people don’t do.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
You should still ask the dealer what they‘re going to do about the problem since they confirmed you had the wrong battery. Tell them that you’ll take the price difference in cash.
Suddenly they got an email from Ford saying it was the right battery

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Just a wee bit of advice for posting - remember, I'm trying to be helpful here - next time try not to come in all guns blazing. Be a bit humble and assume you may be wrong, and you've done a bunch of research, but maybe still need an answer. It's OK to ask questions, but like a lot of posts have mentioned already, this is the Oracle Of Knowledge and you'll likely get the right answer here first. Assume someone has already asked. People want to genuinely help here if you come with the right approach.

Welcome and enjoy the car!

dbeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
HS teacher
Country flag
I'm still intrigued to know if the X is on the badge on the door (Mach-E vs. Mach-Ex (or 4x)). That would've been a simple look for the OP.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Still curious about how the 2nd dealer “confirmed” it wasn’t the ER. Who said that and how did they supposedly confirm it?

Obviously they were wrong. But since we all went for a ride with this story, just interested in the details. Glad it worked out!

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
It's a dealer... they'll offer lifetime car washes and oil changes!

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium GB
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sorry if this has been stated elsewhere (I'm too lazy to search all the posting :p) - but a very simple way to determine battery capacity is to review your charge log. The log shows % added and time to charge. If you know the rate of charge (my Level 2 Grizzl-E is about 8), you can calculate the charge added. Simple math to determine if the battery is about 70 or about 90- nerdy, but also simple. 🤓

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I'm still intrigued to know if the X is on the badge on the door (Mach-E vs. Mach-Ex (or 4x)). That would've been a simple look for the OP.
You missed the point. She thought maybe the car had the wrong battery. Of course the X would be on the door if Ford produced an ER with the wrong battery.

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
I do hope you stay with this forum. A lot of snarky comments, but also a LOT of great info about our new EVs. If you re like me, this is your first EV and you are learning. It will take time, but you will learn a lot here, and it will help you enjoy your new car.

I do hope you stay with us!

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Wow, I rarely read a lengthy thread from top to bottom; however, when OP doubled down with 2nd Dealer confirmation.....I was all in. Thanks for starting my holiday weekend off on a fun ride!!!

The winter posts are always the best. I will say the Forum has gotten a lot less Snarky though. I thought most of the respondents were pretty reasonable with this one. Trying to stay in the science side to confirm.

Now OP, let's give the name of the 2nd Dealer and an email for the person who confirmed the "wrong battery" was put in your ER vehicle. Then we call all email him or her or them (see how PC I'm becomming...them LOL) and ask them to confirm we have the wrong battery in our cars!!!

Have a Great New Year Forum!!!