Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is inaccurate:

26A2140D-B230-46EE-A87F-3B02184DBF77.jpeg
That doesn't stay forever though. After a while it will go back to saying you're up to date, and then there is no way to see what version you are on.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
That doesn't stay forever though. After a while it will go back to saying you're up to date, and then there is no way to see what version you are on.
It’s still there even though the later version is out (I still don’t have power up 1.6.0)
I’ve never seen this “go away”

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It’s still there even though the later version is out (I still don’t have power up 1.6.0)
I’ve never seen this “go away”
I don't remember which ones, but between two of the OTA's so far, I know for sure mine went back to just saying "Up To Date"

Its possible it keeps that last version there until Ford targets your car for the next update. When Mine went back to Up to Date, the next day I had a new OTA that installed.

There's just no other place that shows you what the software version is though.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't remember which ones, but between two of the OTA's so far, I know for sure mine went back to just saying "Up To Date"

Its possible it keeps that last version there until Ford targets your car for the next update. When Mine went back to Up to Date, the next day I had a new OTA that installed.

The first two for me also went back to the up to date screen but these did not have names or numbers. The 1.4 is still displayed on mine as Jim shows. Did you see the first two disappear or the 1.4 disappear? So far 1.4 is still there when checking which is unlike the first 2.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The first two for me also went back to the up to date screen but these did not have names or numbers. The 1.4 is still displayed on mine as Jim shows. Did you see the first two disappear or the 1.4 disappear? So far 1.4 is still there when checking which is unlike the first 2.
The only time I have seen it go back to up to date so far, is just before a new OTA came out.
It was possible it was actually downloading an OTA at the time I checked.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

I never received any OTAs before the power up. I had to take my car in to have them manually applied because something was “stuck” on the back end. My understanding is that the Power Up 1.4.0 is the first OTA that provided any details as to what it contained. According to the reports on here, all the other OTAs just reported the equivalent of “general bug fixes and improvements” and didn’t have version numbers. The only way to tell what “version” being run was to go into Bezel diagnostics and look at the individual software versions on the modules.

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
Still no OTA notifications. I have auto downloads turned off, notifications on. Whenever I look, it says up-to-date. Built early May.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This is the 4th OTA and 3rd OTA that went to the GWM. Just a refresher. Just a refresher - the GWM is the module that works as a network switch for the 5 CAN busses and the Ethernet. It also is what facilitates OTA updates to other modules and delivers/writes updates.

I’m hoping now they can start updating other modules more often…maybe the GWM software is good to go now?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone gone into Bezel diagnostics yet to check software versions?
And what is the magic switch combination for that? Volume Down + Next Track resets SYNC. No other combination of those switches does anything. Tested them all today.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
And what is the magic switch combination for that? Volume Down + Next Track resets SYNC. No other combination of those switches does anything. Tested them all today.
Close the Vehicle and App List drawers if they are open. Then hold Volume down + previous track. You were so close!

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I took delivery on March 26 too. I've received two OTAs, but no Power-Ups. My updates have been nondescript.... bug updates...
I get power-ups every second day when I plug it in.
Finally received 1.4 today.
Did the dealer fix.
Apart from my phone needing a reset, Paak has been even better.

Last edited:

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Close the Vehicle and App List drawers if they are open. Then hold Volume down + previous track. You were so close!
Tried that today too and SYNC constantly reboots.