SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This is great news. I still wish they'd be more forthcoming on which bugs were fixed, I'm hoping some of the squashed bugs are for PAAK and the general sluggishness and bugginess of SYNC.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Got the first one. We need more details as to what exactly is fixed. And my stapler is Infinite Blue.
The first one updated a thing in the car so they could do updates later. The second one updated a thing in the car do they could also do updates later, only fast and better.

the third one? It might update something.

You’re welcome. ;)

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The first one updated a thing in the car so they could do updates later. The second one updated a thing in the car do they could also do updates later, only fast and better.

the third one? It might update something.

You’re welcome. ;)
The FordPass app developers have an over/under bet going on how many people will post in a 24 hour period that they did not get the update. The over bet won last time.

markystarky

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Honda Ridgeline, 2002 Chrysler Conv
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Didn't get the second one yet. Wondering if it should be plugged in to receive updates.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Didn't get the second one yet. Wondering if it should be plugged in to receive updates.
I don’t think so. I think it’ll tell you if it needs to be plugged in for an upcoming OTA. I may be confusing cars and/or forums.

Be thankful (I suppose) that we don’t get Windows like messages for these. “Your Mach-e will restart several times. Please do not turn off your car. This may take some time.”

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Be thankful (I suppose) that we don’t get Windows like messages for these. “Your Mach-e will restart several times. Please do not turn off your car. This may take some time.”
All your settings are right where you left them, for now. Do not turn off your vehicle so that we may finish rearranging your radio presets and resetting your climate control options.

Hi, I'm your Ford assistant. ... A little regen braking here, mildly excessive windshield wiping there ... Great. And we're all set. If you need me, just say "Hey, Ford." Or, play your favorite podcast and I'll wake up when the hosts say anything like "he was bored."

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I got the first one right after driving home, hadn't plugged in.

lotharik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, duh?
Country flag
If they won't tell us what is fixed, I will just assume nothing was fixed.

Then I'm not dissapointed when nothing is fixed.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
How do we know the 2nd OTA is not just a redundancy message from the 1st OTA? ?‍♂

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
How do we know the 2nd OTA is not just a redundancy message from the 1st OTA? ?‍♂
If you’re someone who has access you can see some details. I was able to validate it’s a second update.

Or your dealer can look it up too.

Unsensibel

First Name
Lutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge ST; MME ordered; '88 Cadillac Allante
Country flag
The FordPass app developers have an over/under bet going on how many people will post in a 24 hour period that they did not get the update. The over bet won last time.
If true, I’d rather focus them on putting out a decent app in the first place. I’ve been using FordPass since 2017 and the app still is suboptimal.
But hey, why do something right if you can half ass it and make fun of the users?

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Mine wasn't plugged in for either the 1st or 2nd OTA update. Just seamlessly applied itself and only knew once I saw the alert on my app. Haven't driven since the 2nd OTA update, but plan to today so we'll see if I notice anything different

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
If they won't tell us what is fixed, I will just assume nothing was fixed.
Exactly my thoughts.

My car was in the shop last Wednesday, and they did run another update to fix a door locking issue. I wonder if that was this "2nd" update.. It occurs to me that by not telling us what they are updating, we can't report back on wether the update helped or not. Seems counter productive. Even secretive Apple tells you generally what is in the updates.
Sponsored