sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Mine has worked fine so far. I only had one instance where it didn't recognize the phone, and that seems to have happened when I was standing outside the car just at the edge of its range for about ten minutes. I could hear the car locking and unlocking as it connected and disconnected from my phone, lol. Finally, it just stopped responding (it probably got mad at me). At that point when I finally left, I had to use the password to get in and start the car.

But in all other instances, it's worked fine.

For those on Android, try *removing* FordPass from Battery Optimization. That move will prevent Android from jailing the app (which may subsequently prevent PaaK from waking up).

Monkeyking

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC 60 recharge, Mach E AWD premium
Country flag
PaaK has been hit and miss for me. Multiple instances MME didn’t recognize the phone. Either door wouldn’t open or car wouldn’t start. but each instance, I could Just go into Ford pass app and manually opened the door or started the car. Not ideal but at least it get car started.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I the fob is near by that can give problems.

Sometimes I have to have my iPhone screen on.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
PaaK has been hit and miss for me. Multiple instances MME didn’t recognize the phone. Either door wouldn’t open or car wouldn’t start. but each instance, I could Just go into Ford pass app and manually opened the door or started the car. Not ideal but at least it get car started.
Tried to reply earlier but there was a FU. I think it happens when the Bluetooth connection is broken. Go to settings, BT and check the connection.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
Tried to reply earlier but there was a FU. I think it happens when the Bluetooth connection is broken. Go to settings, BT and check the connection.
I'm one of those folks whose having no issues with PaaK at all. It just works, as long as I don't get in the car with the phone in my left pocket (then no key detected). That's BLE, which might have a different transceiver in the car for security, or not. I don't know. But my regular Bluetooth has days where it won't connect, or will reconnect every few minutes, or makes my car think my audio is a phone call instead of audio. This poor behavior has occurred with every car I've had with Sync since 2016, unfortunately.

Rjm

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired- probably oldest Mach E owner in the US- 83 yrs
Country flag
Have a couple of problems with Iphone connection. The salesman at the Ford dealer was unable to connect my iphone to the MachE. My son was able to that night. But still a few issues. Can't connect Fordpass to my charger, don't see why I need to but it tells me to do it. Msg on Fordpass home screen says Bluetooth disconnected. But where, as far as I can tell Bluetooth is turned on.
Found that Ford personnel not that knowledgeable. The charging network was not set up on Fordpass and after going thru 3 people at Ford came across young woman at Ford Customer Relation who spent close to two hours with me and I think we have it right (I hope). The app shows some charging networks and my free 250 KWHr has shown up. When I go to a charger tomorrow I'll know for sure.

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
It's Ford, it's the Phone, it's Apple, it's Google, it's user error, it's the weather. I can see it now... Sounds like we better get used to the FOb and call it a day...

Let's face it. Technology has a way to go. We'd like to think it is further along and more reliable than it really is.
Technology really only has a ways to go with Ford. They think they can lazily implement this stuff and nobody will actually use it, not realizing it’s a big deal for a lot of people.

I finally got mine to recognize my car and activate by making a new email, adding it to that, removing it, uninstalling the app, going into old email,adding the car. Guess what though???? The option to activate phone as key doesn’t exist anymore. Ford just removed it from the app lol. Smart move by them as maybe new users will never know it was a thing now

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
PaaK got worse with the security update; it's slower to register. I haven't done the PaaK fix update yet. Also, now some of the doors won't properly unlock. It's definitely a software issue since the button press gets registered and when another door unlocks, those doors will pop open.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
PaaK got worse with the security update; it's slower to register. I haven't done the PaaK fix update yet. Also, now some of the doors won't properly unlock. It's definitely a software issue since the button press gets registered and when another door unlocks, those doors will pop open.
The PaaK update will help. But still not 100%. More like 80%. Most of the time will get the key once you are mid way thru the password, which still annoying.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
PAAK - not ready for prime time!
Agreed. I have a Pixel 5. You can't get more vanilla Android than that! It worked once. Then refused to work for a week and I got the dreaded "master reset" error.

I give up and the fob wins. I love the idea of PAAK. My wife, daughter and I can just use our phones.

Someday.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I have the latest security update and i'm noticing PAAK issues. The phone is connecting without issue to the car but ONLY the front driver and front passenger door buttons don't work. If i hit the rear passenger button the car will unlock without fail. but I have not been able to reliably unlock the front doors with PAAK.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
PAAK can communicate with the MME several ways. BLE from smartphone, house wireless to internet to MME modem, cellular wireless to internet to MME modem.

The various walls in our house block any BLE signal until I get to the garage door.. at that point the BLE signal connects and the wireless/cellular disconnects and that handoff is probably what’s giving me inconsistent results so.. consistency is best had by going into airplane mode and turning on Bluetooth (BLE). Which partially explains why the fob (BLE only) is consistent.

I think the software handoff-signal switching is the core problem. I’ve tested BLE up to about 100’ and that seems about the limit. When I get in the car and have been communicating via wireless to internet then expect instant switching to BLE.. well no joy as that takes time )10-15? seconds?

All in all, PAAK is consistent enough I use it exclusively with no issues.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Phone as a key has never worked for me, iphone or Android, both fully up to date, can unlock the door with the phone, press the start key, it turns on accessory power, attempt to start the car, it detects no phone in the car.
Sponsored