Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Odd I don’t get the charge rate when using ‘charge to 100’. Actually the more I look the more this is telling me it’ll wait till 11pm tonight to charge anyway, even using the charge to 100 button. I closed and opened the app a handful of times. Car is in the garage on Wi-Fi. That 7:27 is this morning’s
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 4.2.4 software version released 5D8AED97-F14C-49F9-8488-27A09EDC1B31
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Elektronik

First Name
Olegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD standard battery
Country flag
great to read regular posts about new update versions. But, Ford, when do you plan to start to update European cars? We are still on 3.5.2 and nothing new coming in.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
On the Frunk button thing for '21J1...here's the part I don't understand....

It would have been SO easy to fix.

Search all the '21J1 asbuilts and update the one segment that adds the frunk softbutton to Sync. This is a server update. They can do it from their end.....just like they corrected the BCM data for the TPMS system on the new Lightnings they sent out with the wrong tire low pressure warning threshold.

Then push an OTA for the BCM and GFM updates as a technical update just for those cars. Unless there's something else I'm not aware of that should update this issue for everybody who has it.

The only thing I can think of that's keeping them from doing this is that they aren't confident that either a BCM or GFM update will actually work OTA. Why else would they put a procedure into FDRS specifically for the techs to enable that softbutton on the Sync screen?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 4.2.4 software version released 5D8AED97-F14C-49F9-8488-27A09EDC1B31

If doing this by OTA isn't an option then @Ford Motor Company ought to identify those '21J1 vehicles in the asbuilt database that specifically still do not have the Sync frunk softbutton enabled and send the owners a notification letter of a Customer Satisfaction Program that will enable them to get the BCM/GFM updated and the frunk Sync screen softbutton enabled by a tech at Ford's cost.

I think if they put one...maybe two interns on this they could have it done by this time next week (if you can get them off their phones).
They've done BCM OTA before, I think they are just waiting to bundle it in a series of inhibit updates after they did a bunch of updates to the way that the system will let you know if you can't do an inhibit update at the time.

You'll notice the past couple updates included a new feature that shows a pop-up when it can't install an update and it gives you the conditions to resolve so you can complete it.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
They've done BCM OTA before, I think they are just waiting to bundle it in a series of inhibit updates after they did a bunch of updates to the way that the system will let you know if you can't do an inhibit update at the time.

You'll notice the past couple updates included a new feature that shows a pop-up when it can't install an update and it gives you the conditions to resolve so you can complete it.
ticktock.gif

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
In the passenger side footwell. #11-12. It’s a 5amp 3 prong fuse. I was able to get to it and pull it out with no tools. Just pull the cover off. It’s a bit of a weird angle but easy enough. Just be careful not to drop the fuse, it’ll get lost. I held my hand underneath the other just in case.
Pull the fuse, wait 10 minutes, reinstall. Turn on the car.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-to-look-up-info-for-others.10230/post-616807
do you think this is substantially different than a Sync 'reset' ?
maybe forces a deeper reboot for the TCU ?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Maybe it’s a similar reboot? I don’t know how else to reboot the TCU (short of doing a FDRS or OTA software update).

SYNC is running on the APIM which reboots all the time with the car turning on and off. The TCU module controls the external communications so I think the TCU stays active even if the car is off. Pulling the fuse forces a TCU reboot.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Yes it's different, sync reset didn't restore car to phone connectivity, pulling fuse did every time.

Randy

First Name
Rande
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am going crazy with frustration. I have a 2022 Premium SR - Took possession mid July '22. The last OTA update I got was 4.1.1 in Jan '23. Nothing since. I have called the dealership and they said just wait, but I think I have been by-passed. Any ideas?
I have an identical situation (stuck on 4.1.1 since Jan). Mike G took a look with FDRS - this was his response:

I haven't seen this before but on the other hand I knew it was possible...

You do have a gateway revision that indicates you got 4.1.1 ("-LAD" rev.).

And you're correct the next thing should have been the APIM update in your list, but for some reason that didn't download yet. (you can ask your service advisor on the phone to check your OTA dashboard and tell you why).

And the new wrinkle is you have the next gateway (GWM) update already in your list. this may be somehow blocking you getting the APIM.

Despite what the normally recommended sequence is for updating (GWM then APIM then TCU) I strongly recommend that if a tech does this update to fix your car that he/she goes straight to the APIM first before doing that GWM in the list just to try to follow the sequence that should have occurred (the 4.11 you got, followed by the APIM/4.1.2 you haven't gotten yet, and then that next GWM/4.1.3- which could actually be 4.2.1 at this point since it's been that long.)

Hope that makes sense.

Here's the list this morning:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 4.2.4 software version released 3fmtk3rm8mma39349-15-mar-23-

Now I realize that most techs don't think highly when customers come in and tell them what "the internet" thinks they ought to do. So diplomacy is best.

I've got an appointment with Encinitas Ford April 5th - will let you know how it goes. Buy the way This is my second time being stuck.

Last edited:

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
Please don't mention improved features or they may spend all year giving us subscription bloatware and games that are already on our phones and will not fix remote starting (preconditioning) an ev when cold.

Over time it may get confused. The inconsistency some days may drive you nuts or make you smile. 3.6.1 here. Bummer no preconditioning fix to date in the 4's.
Question: do you have battery pre-conditioning in cold weather if you use the ford app for nav? I don't get it using Android Auto, and I'd love a manual button to turn it on when 20 minutes away from a DCFC on a cold day. But I've heard that the ford nav app turns it on. Is that true?

Thanks!
Sponsored