Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
The Select with the tech package (power mirrors) has the puddle lights, I thought I did not but was pleasantly surprised tonight, yeah!!!! So my one and only slight disappointment are the front animated turn signals that the Premium folks got. Those are cool. The Select does not get those....

4667B8E4-C917-4EDB-BFA3-92C3C9A027AD.jpeg

C958C102-A9C1-4791-990E-85A9620214EE.jpeg

D2F53F45-A08D-4DE4-BC6D-16F7F2722FD9.jpeg

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
so aware of the puddle lamp inconsistency. I picked up my car 3 days ago, BEFORE setting up PAAK the puddle lamps illuminated every time, and also the lights would come on. AFTER configuring the PAAK the puddle lamps and welcome lighting no longer works. Has anyone heard of a solution? Someone mentioned forcing stop on ford pass app. solves the issue. Since I seldom use my phone I could accomplish the same thing by turning phone off. Seems odd that ford hasn't sorted this.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
so aware of the puddle lamp inconsistency. I picked up my car 3 days ago, BEFORE setting up PAAK the puddle lamps illuminated every time, and also the lights would come on. AFTER configuring the PAAK the puddle lamps and welcome lighting no longer works. Has anyone heard of a solution? Someone mentioned forcing stop on ford pass app. solves the issue. Since I seldom use my phone I could accomplish the same thing by turning phone off. Seems odd that ford hasn't sorted this.
I never activated PaaK. Just use the fobs. Puddle lights work every time.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
YES. Use the FOB instead of PaaK:

I never activated PaaK. Just use the fobs. Puddle lights work every time.

rova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-e FE
Country flag
I got my car yesterday and was also puzzled by the inconsistent welcome lights. I just saw it once when I had been at the back of my house. I have set up Paak. Then I realized that the phone was connected to the car with bluetooth more or less all the time when I'm in my house. So it looks like the welcome lights come on when the phone connects to the car over bluetooth. I tested it by standing by the car and turned off and on bluetooth on my phone. Then the welcome lights came on. I haven't seen the puddle light yet, but will check when it gets dark.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Then I realized that the phone was connected to the car with bluetooth more or less all the time when I'm in my house. So it looks like the welcome lights come on when the phone connects to the car over bluetooth.
exactly

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I use PAAK exclusively. The puddle lights always work as advertised. Our garage is also detached though and a bit away from the main house so the phone is always connecting with the car.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Ford Mustang Mach-E Puddle Lights A859713A-E52D-406F-BB82-DC2873C80580

Works ok here, and is very fun to see (PAAK also)

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
YES. Use the FOB instead of PaaK:
Workaround for now or the fix? Remote start in the winter will be difficult with the FOB. Light or heat. My vehicle locks and mirrors fold in numerous times during washing it with the phone always just a few feet away. Constantly popping a door open for the mirrors to fold back out. Google map has a dot with a flashlight and has me pin pointed to the point it knows when I spin around. Fordpass map I jump around like a jumping bean and it really has no idea where I am.

I see room for improvement. Hoping for a bit more stability with PAAK and I think Ford understands and is working on it. Will let you know where Ford is after the 3rd shop upgrade as it is now back in the shop. First 2 where an improvement. I see good progress from Ford considering the state of the software at release. We all know what we bought into and as long as Ford is committed to getting it right we should all be OK.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Is there a setting to lengthen the time the puddle lights stay on, and are they supposed to light when the car is parked?

Thanks

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just wanted to mention I posted this in the DIY section a few days ago #1 . Not the easiest mod but if you want to see those puddle lights on more often, might want to attempt it.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I only use PAAK and puddle lights always come on do you have the setting to fold mirrors turned on at lock?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I only use PAAK and puddle lights always come on do you have the setting to fold mirrors turned on at lock?
yes I have autofold set. It still seems to be inconsistent, I leave the fob in the room adjacent to the garage, I hear the audible honk telling me it's locked. but I'm just wondering if it's a certain distance from the car for the puddle lamps to trigger next time> I do note it has gotten much better.
Sponsored