Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Why do these things have to be so big and bulky looking. Haven't improved in 25 years.
I agree, I wish it could be as small as my EarBuds so I could lose this like I lose the buds!!!! ?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I received an email from Ford Parts this morning saying that the fob I ordered is now available for pickup at my dealer. I guess I got my order submitted in time before they went on backorder. I really don't understand why I can't get parts shipped directly to me from parts.ford.com. They make you pick a dealer when ordering, and it's the dealer that determines if the part is shippable or not. But in most cases (including this fob), they drop ship from Ford anyway, so what difference does it make?

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I received an email from Ford Parts this morning saying that the fob I ordered is now available for pickup at my dealer. I guess I got my order submitted in time before they went on backorder. I really don't understand why I can't get parts shipped directly to me from parts.ford.com. They make you pick a dealer when ordering, and it's the dealer that determines if the part is shippable or not. But in most cases (including this fob), they drop ship from Ford anyway, so what difference does it make?
Same here ... FedEX delivered mine to my dealer. Leaving it there for now, supposedly my car comes in this week, pending the weather (@AndyS_OSU - we're in the same weather boat it seems)

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Same here ... FedEX delivered mine to my dealer. Leaving it there for now, supposedly my car comes in this week, pending the weather (@AndyS_OSU - we're in the same weather boat it seems)
Yes. I'm currently up Ford's backside on their official twitter. I understand a shipping delay due to weather, but they had time to get it to my dealer (been in DFW since Wednesday with two of those days being perfectly fine) and I'm confident they haven't made any considerations for EV's sitting out for days, unplugged, uncovered, in the bitter cold, ice, and snow. This shows their immaturity in this market and, currently, they are telling me to contact my dealer about it. My dealer called the shipping company friday and offered to come pick it up but were told that wasn't allowed.

To be clear, I could deal with another shipping delay if I knew the car was being taken care of properly.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I just stopped by my dealer to look at the Mach-E that was just delivered. Talked about the key fob...they charge $275 for the key fob + 1 hour of labor for programming it. $375+tax out the door :mad:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a "Ford Parts Distribution" option in my location. They seem to have things cheaper than MSRP.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1613486983273

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I picked up my fob from the dealer today. The parts manager said that the price has got to be a mistake. Similar fobs for other Ford vehicles are priced at $250+.

For anyone else who has gotten their extra fob. Does it light up when you press a button? Mine doesn't, and I've confirmed it comes with a battery in it. But maybe that's normal until it's paired with a vehicle?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hope its not just a price mistake...need to keep an eye out for it and pick one up when back in stock

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I picked up my fob from the dealer today. The parts manager said that the price has got to be a mistake. Similar fobs for other Ford vehicles are priced at $250+.

For anyone else who has gotten their extra fob. Does it light up when you press a button? Mine doesn't, and I've confirmed it comes with a battery in it. But maybe that's normal until it's paired with a vehicle?
Does it have one of those plastic "pull here before use" battery dividers to keep it fresh in shipment?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hope its not just a price mistake...need to keep an eye out for it and pick one up when back in stock
Yeah, I highly recommend keeping an eye on the parts page and ordering it ASAP when it comes back in stock. It's a no-brainer at under $35.

Does it have one of those plastic "pull here before use" battery dividers to keep it fresh in shipment?
No, I checked for that too. It would make sense for it to have some method of preventing a button from getting pushed while in a parts warehouse and killing the battery. If the dealer uses the RFID spot in the center console to pair it, it's possible that the process takes it out of some kind of storage mode.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
There are two key blanks shown now, one for 95 and one for 48. Same part number!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@methorian or @TheSteelRider, does your new fob light up when you press a button? I'm just wondering if mine is defective or if that's normal for an unpaired fob.
Sponsored