Road rage incidents?

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Best medicine for this is a dash cam and a sticker on the rear window with "Live video recording in progress"
Heck even the sticker alone would stop most idiots.
My dash cam has stopped numerous idiots from "going too far" so to speak

Tony
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
for the most part no one seems to notice the car, I'm good with that. Those that do all compliment it and say they like it. Haven't gotten any hater/road rage thing
I've seen two attempts by ICE trucks to annoy me. One almost crashed when I slowed way down to make a very sharp right turn that also changes level to go up hill. Apparently he (?) was so focused on tailgating he missed the signal. On a Mach-e. The other was on the same road and was doing the slowdown and trap me move. I passed him. His jaw dropped. I watched.

Pippet

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on one of these so bare with me.
Has anyone noticed an increase in what seems like aggressive driving and/or road rage directed at you when you're driving your Mach-E?
We live in the Midwest and my wife drives all over town with it. It seems like she has noticed an uptick in incidents with lifted trucks that won't let her onto the expressway or get really close behind her, and generally drive very aggressively. Today she said one truck wouldn't let her on the expressway and another one nearly side swiped her.
I told her to keep the non-emergency police line on speed dial and call in the plate when she sees something, but we're not sure if they are just terrible drivers or if they're being a-holes because she's driving an electric car.
Hi, yes, I get Ford trucks speeding up behind me all the time, then I just give a little "gas" and it's all over. One "person" had a blacked out truck, windows and all, he pulled up to the red light next to me and was revving his enginie. Light turned green, I held back a second, just thinking, I hit the "gas" passed him and gave him a wave and a friendly toot of the horn. Funny! Mostly though people are really loving it!

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
This car definitely invokes crap from people, but when I'm on BlueCruise doing 70 in the center lane, couldn't give a crap.
How did you get BlueCruise already?!? I didn't think it was officially released yet. Let us know what it's like. I'm thinking it's got to be weird driving with your hands off the steering wheel, but you probably just get used to it after a while.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
How did you get BlueCruise already?!? I didn't think it was officially released yet. Let us know what it's like. I'm thinking it's got to be weird driving with your hands off the steering wheel, but you probably just get used to it after a while.
It comes activated on the GTs.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
Hi, yes, I get Ford trucks speeding up behind me all the time, then I just give a little "gas" and it's all over. One "person" had a blacked out truck, windows and all, he pulled up to the red light next to me and was revving his enginie. Light turned green, I held back a second, just thinking, I hit the "gas" passed him and gave him a wave and a friendly toot of the horn. Funny! Mostly though people are really loving it!
In the event I get such an opportunity I'll give the driver in the pick-up the finger as I pull away.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
BlueCruise 1.0 (just what everyone has) - enrolled in early access but haven't gotten 2.0 yet (hands free)

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
BlueCruise 1.0 (just what everyone has) - enrolled in early access but haven't gotten 2.0 yet (hands free)
So just adaptive cruise and lane centering that's been on other Fords for a couple of years.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Being an idiot country, the first thing we did once C19, even didn't really stop, was start sending everyone back to work, hence, driving. I hate my commute and it's short compared to a lot of people.

Anyways, we're back to pre-C19 commutes and people are just getting grumpy. I doubt it's MME hostility.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I personally don't get it. Everyone has their own reason for going with an EV... I strictly bough one because its our feature and I was tired of getting 18mpg in my F150.

I think a lot of people make assumptions of what type of people drive EVs and because they don't agree with those "life styles", have to puff out their chests. Oddly enough, same thing happens on these forums just because someone does not have the same view. Everyone can have their opinions, everyone can discuss their opinions, but when you start getting aggressive on the streets just because your views are different from others that is not right.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on one of these so bare with me.
Has anyone noticed an increase in what seems like aggressive driving and/or road rage directed at you when you're driving your Mach-E?
We live in the Midwest and my wife drives all over town with it. It seems like she has noticed an uptick in incidents with lifted trucks that won't let her onto the expressway or get really close behind her, and generally drive very aggressively. Today she said one truck wouldn't let her on the expressway and another one nearly side swiped her.
I told her to keep the non-emergency police line on speed dial and call in the plate when she sees something, but we're not sure if they are just terrible drivers or if they're being a-holes because she's driving an electric car.
I think you’re overreacting by thinking that the your Mach E or any electric vehicle has anything to do with said incidents on the road.

More than likely people are just being impatient……nothing more and nothing less.

Yes, it’s common courtesy but no driver who’s already on the road has any obligation to let any other vehicle merge into moving traffic. It’s 100% the responsibility of the driver who’s trying to merge into traffic to do so responsibly and safely.

I drive 55 in my F150 in the far right hand lane on the interstate and I experience the same thing you mentioned almost everyday.

Just ignore it, drive defensively, and move on.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
No. Even here in Red State Arizona the worst that has happened was some jacked-up 4X4 driver gunning his diesel engine to belch some black exhaust smoke in my general direction. The most dangerous things have been drivers pacing me and zipping from lane to lane to check out the Mustang and then flashing a thumbs' up. :D

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Correlation does not imply causation.
Honestly, I don’t think it has anything to do with the vehicle. Most people probably have no idea what you are driving. I think people are just bigger A-Holes lately.
Driving in California you get used to having to force your way in and out of traffic and dealing with tailgaters.
I have a rear fog light on my VW, watching tailgaters slam on their brakes when I flip it on brings me joy haha.
Sponsored