skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
The 50A sensor was listed as solar generation so maybe Mark found the issue. It has been removed, reset the setup, and brought the Tesla system back online. I will give it a try again, fingers crossed.
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will remove the small 50a solar sensor. Sorry I am no engineer but if the supply from the grid was directly hooked up to the power panel there would be no backup/supply from the powerwalls. Isn't this the purpose of the Backup gateway to switch between grid and Powerwall?
You didn't have to remove it to make the EV charger work the way you wanted to. I was only saying it does not have anything to do with allowing the EV charger to charge with excess solar.

The EV charger needs the main 200A sensors hooked up between the grid and your main panel. It does not care and should not care about your solar generation, powerwalls or anything else. It wants to see what power is coming in from the grid or solar generation going out to the grid right at the main input terminals. Connecting to the backup gateway does not take in account all of your other breakers in the home.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
My whole home is backed up. Let me try and move the probes to the other set of large wires. It is hard to see where everything goes. Spaghetti mess as we say in the network world. Thanks Mark.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I assume you mean move them to your main panel where the grid power comes in? That is where you want them.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Sort of. Grid power does come in there but runs down the side of the panel and is very hard to see. They run over to the backup gateway where it gets hard to see which one of six large gauge wires goes where. All six wires go to the main service breaker panel. One set of three should be the grid and the other set should feed off the backup gateway for battery power. At least that is what I am thinking. I will take a few pics and make annotations.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks guys. I will try these out in more detail.

A question in regards to the probes pointing towards breakers. My Backup gateway has the two large probs, pictured below. Technically there are beakers in each direction. Currently I have the probes pointing away from the main service disconnect breaker on the outside of the house. The Solar probes are pointing at the breaker in the backup gateway. Thanks again guys I will test away
20230608_112818.jpg
What the heck kind of panel is that? It looks like something Tesla would design.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
John, I will look at this when I get a chance. I am in the Bay Area taking care of my sister after she had surgery so not on here as much as I normally am. Be back within the hour or so.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
John, I will look at this when I get a chance. I am in the Bay Area taking care of my sister after she had surgery so not on here as much as I normally am. Be back within the hour or so.
Please take your time and take care of the family. You have had your hands full the last couple weeks.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
One thought I had was removing the two large probes and setting them aside. By doing so shouldn't the Vue think the is no power flowing back to the grid? Therefore it should not charge at all.
I have a case open with Emporia on this issue but it was referred to their principal engineer last week. The first line tech did not spend much if any time on my issue. If my test results in the charger activating then the have some explaining to do and can not point to Tesla/Powerwalls.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I believe this is the system diagram, not sure if you have non-backed up loads off the outside panel.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Smart Solar Charging Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 7.06.17 PM
Sponsored