Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tell me more about the camera. I read some reviews on it and some say the app isn’t that great. How is it overall? Will the camera connect to the car’s hotspot to upload to cloud or for live viewing on the app? Thanks.
Does the MME stay live, when MME is off? I wonder what the risk is of the thief taking the dashcam too.
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Anecdotally based on reports here, early builds will sometimes allow the doors to open while locked when the button is pushed.
I missed those reports here.
Thanks. That's what I really wanted to know - if others had that happen.
I wouldn’t rely on an anecdotal report of anecdotal reports.

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
This is actually illegal in some states even if you have a CC.
Pro gun here and CHP holder. Illegal in some states and what does this have to do with someone rummaging through your car? You or another human were not in imminent harm so irrelevant to the conversation.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I carry both the fob and my iPhone is set to work as a key.
I use the iPhone to live-stream the services. That would be interesting to set the Fordpass to inform me if someone opened the door and while live-streaming the messaged appeared on my screen that someone was in the car.
great little feature in the FordPass App....simply slide it on when walking away from the MME and slide it back off before entering the MME.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
great little feature in the FordPass App....simply slide it on when walking away from the MME and slide it back off before entering the MME.
Not available to me despite being 100% updated.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

JRinOAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Tell me more about the camera. I read some reviews on it and some say the app isn’t that great. How is it overall? Will the camera connect to the car’s hotspot to upload to cloud or for live viewing on the app? Thanks.
I just got it installed a couple days ago and haven't been able to fully dive in. I can view camera and recordings via camera wifi and iPhone hotspot while in the car. Haven't figured out how to view while away from vehicle. More learning to be done.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Damn sorry that happened OP. Hope nothing of value was taken. But I'm sure even if nothing was, it still must feel violating.

This reminded me of something that's been on my mind a bit while I wait for my car. If I have PaaK set up, is there an option to make it that you still have to click the unlock/lock button on the fob for the doors to unlock/lock?

I want PaaK because I want to be able to precondition and other stuff, but I have no intention to rely on it for my only key. I plan on carrying my fob. Unfortunately, my MME will not be kept in my garage and my bedroom is in the front of my home above my driveway. I'm worried that that will mean that while my phone charges at night in my room, my doors will be able to be unlocked.

I'd ideally like to have PaaK set up but still have it work like an old school car when it comes to locking/unlocking.

I've looked through the manual and I thought I found my answer when I came across "auto unlock" but it ended up not being what I was hoping for.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
How far does the Phone as a key or provided key work?
Very unlikely that it was unlocked by PaaK unless you were 10ish feet or so from the car.

I use the walk away lock feature and the horn beeped when I left the car.
Did you get the confirmation in the app that it locked? If you didn't could it be possible that you heard someone else's horn beep? All Ford's sound the same. Did you look back to make sure the mirrors were folded?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Damn sorry that happened OP. Hope nothing of value was taken. But I'm sure even if nothing was, it still must feel violating.

This reminded me of something that's been on my mind a bit while I wait for my car. If I have PaaK set up, is there an option to make it that you still have to click the unlock/lock button on the fob for the doors to unlock/lock?

I want PaaK because I want to be able to precondition and other stuff, but I have no intention to rely on it for my only key. I plan on carrying my fob. Unfortunately, my MME will not be kept in my garage and my bedroom is in the front of my home above my driveway. I'm worried that that will mean that while my phone charges at night in my room, my doors will be able to be unlocked.

I'd ideally like to have PaaK set up but still have it work like an old school car when it comes to locking/unlocking.

I've looked through the manual and I thought I found my answer when I came across "auto unlock" but it ended up not being what I was hoping for.
If you're okay with it just delete the BT profile for PaaK and it will still work via OTA, just not using BT. Or use the cancel button in the connecting notification. Or turn off auto-connect for the BT profile. You can't have it both ways, connected and not connected so there's limitations if you disconnect.

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
Pro gun here and CHP holder. Illegal in some states and what does this have to do with someone rummaging through your car? You or another human were not in imminent harm so irrelevant to the conversation.
Pro gun, non pro gun has nothing to do with taking a gun into a church. That is the illegal part. Try to keep up, RWNJ.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
If you're okay with it just delete the BT profile for PaaK and it will still work via OTA, just not using BT. Or use the cancel button in the connecting notification. Or turn off auto-connect for the BT profile. You can't have it both ways, connected and not connected so there's limitations if you disconnect.
Damn so there's no general option for just turning off unlock on approach?

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
You don't know that. When your phone alerts you someone has opened your door and you go out to check, you better be prepared for lethal force to be used by the thief. We just had this happen here in town. A homeowner went out to his car and the scum rummaging through his car shot the homeowner.
Sponsored