Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Cruise is off, front space detector is active and you're ok. It turns colors (red is high alert) when someone is in that space while you're driving.
Sponsored

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Cruise is off, front space detector is active and you're ok. It turns colors (red is high alert) when someone is in that space while you're driving.
How do I get speedometer back in the middle, do I turn off front space detector in settings?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Agree. That bar is the collision assist. I have the bar turned off in the settings.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I just assumed the bar was showing I needed to be in the right most lane for the turn.

I'll keep watching and see if this theory holds.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I have noticed the blue bar as well, but have not determined the purpose based on time of occurrence.
On another note, I have also had voice command pop up randomly and wondered if others are having this. I could be inadvertently hitting the button, but I doubt it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I saw that bar 2 times today while using NAV. In both cases, the bar appeared on the right and preceded a junction in the road. Once I passed the junction, then the bar disappeared. First instance was a left turn. Second was a right turn.

I use Nav often......will pay more attention during my route to see if I can figure out a pattern.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I saw that bar 2 times today while using NAV. In both cases, the bar appeared on the right and preceded a junction in the road. Once I passed the junction, then the bar disappeared. First instance was a left turn. Second was a right turn.

I use Nav often......will pay more attention during my route to see if I can figure out a pattern.
Mine flashes constantly going 75 on our turnpike here. No junctions, no turns coming up, just open road.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Mine flashes constantly going 75 on our turnpike here. No junctions, no turns coming up, just open road.
It must be confused for some reason.

Nearing the end of day 3 and just over 500 miles. Used nav several times. Saw the blue bar many times. In every case, I was on the freeway and exactly 1/2 mile before a junction from one freeway to the next the blue bar would appear. Bar always appears on the right no matter which way I am going. The bar also appears when my exit/offramp was approaching....again exactly at the 1/2 mile point. I never saw the bar on surface streets.

I think the bar is there (along with the associated chime) to alert the driver that a junction is coming up so we can make sure we move into the correct lane. Something that is especially useful because when using ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keeping Assist) because it is easy to lose track of the exact route and possibly miss the junction.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It must be confused for some reason.

Nearing the end of day 3 and just over 500 miles. Used nav several times. Saw the blue bar many times. In every case, I was on the freeway and exactly 1/2 mile before a junction from one freeway to the next the blue bar would appear. Bar always appears on the right no matter which way I am going. The bar also appears when my exit/offramp was approaching....again exactly at the 1/2 mile point. I never saw the bar on surface streets.

I think the bar is there (along with the associated chime) to alert the driver that a junction is coming up so we can make sure we move into the correct lane. Something that is especially useful because when using ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keeping Assist) because it is easy to lose track of the exact route and possibly miss the junction.
I have seen the bar too... they need to add an explanation for it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have seen the bar too... they need to add an explanation for it.
At the same time the bar appears, there is also a more detailed graphic on the SYNC screen that shows the specific lanes you should be in for the upcoming junction. I agree there should be more detail provided with the blue bar. They could put some text in there that causes you to check the SYNC screen or something similar.....

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
At the same time the bar appears, there is also a more detailed graphic on the SYNC screen that shows the specific lanes you should be in for the upcoming junction. I agree there should be more detail provided with the blue bar. They could put some text in there that causes you to check the SYNC screen or something similar.....
this is probably pushing my luck but I'd argue that if they are going to put text in there they should just put the lane guidance there and be done with it. That would be a lot more useful than a bar with text.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
this is probably pushing my luck but I'd argue that if they are going to put text in there they should just put the lane guidance there and be done with it. That would be a lot more useful than a bar with text.
It’s small bar so text May not be feasible. But they should at least explain in a manual what that bar means...so far I have not found a sync 4a manual ... yes there are bits and pieces of settings info in the user manual but not enough to explain everything we see if we are required to interpret and act upon. Simple stuff like how do I reduce brightness of the main screen... not explained anywhere.

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Update:

I've now also seen the blue bar on the right (in the same location as the image I posted to start this thread) while the nav was indicating a left turn. Thus it isn't indicating a lane change or a turn coming up. Its just some display artifact.
Sponsored