Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received this from a friend the other day, similar to what we’ve seen in the previous teaser videos but a communication that should be going out to people shortly I believe. It may be live online or from other sources, but this was the first I saw it!

It details out some of the new functionality and design changes coming to the Mach-E interface. Larger CarPlay screen real estate. Added functionality of the volume knob. Changes to top bar for clarity and ease of use.
Have to say it looks pretty good. Like that there is no more scrolling on the side menu. Hoping that is the case in all screens. There is a camera button on the driving profile screen for quicker access. The knob temp control I will adapt to like 90. All and all looks like good improvements. So when do we all get it?
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I use it for a lot of things while Im driving, whats the score of the X game, whats the weather, general facts id look up if I wasn’t driving when i hear it on the radio. It’s way faster then ford, wish it controlled more things in the car Like climate controls etc.
It does control climate, fan speed, temp, recirc.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Mine does this already?
10 feet? I am skeptical. Is there a setting? Mine doesn’t turn on until 2-3ft from a curb or car front, which is waaaay too close for me.

The problem is that Ford doesn’t want to automatically activate the cameras every time you pull up behind a car in traffic. I’m not sure how you would make it smarter to only activate earlier when parking, but giving us a one-tap Home Screen access would be a start.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I really hope they remove the slider for the heated seats, and make it only a tap feature. Why do I have to tap the heated seats, then slide between 1-3? It should just be a tap like any other Ford heated seats button.. the auto feature can be a button under climate settings since it shouldn't be toggled frequently.
Or just tap once and twist knob to desired setting (including Off). Even easier IMO, and I think that’s what we’re getting. Tapping multiple times in one specific spot takes more concentration away from the road, for me.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine does this already?
Really? I think mine only does it when I'm within 2 feet of something, way too late to be of any use. Especially in this car where the braking (2PD, at least) is not very precise for small increments. It tends to lurch too fast, requiring a jerky stop. So I find myself giving it more safety room than my other car.

It would be great if the camera came on when ENTERING the parking space, not only at the last second when almost hitting something. Similar with the beeps. Wish they started 2-3 feet sooner too.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think there are far too many complications here. First and foremost, storage space. Secondly, there's the question of which supplier each camera belongs to and if streams can even be processed outside the scope of that vendor's features. Of whether or not useful camera angles even exist (it's unlikely that a face would be visible with the side cameras). A sensor to trigger events and wake the camera system. Then, there's the need to stream feeds to a phone. The first issue being processing power (Ford went with the cheapest, lowest performance cpu needed for Sync) to transcode the video to a mobile data friendly streaming format. Secondly the bandwidth cost. The bandwidth cost could at least be covered with a subscription service.
Yeah, way too many hurdles here. If we ever get a sentry mode (unlikely with existing hardware) it’s gonna be an added subscription. That’s why I dropped it from the latest enhancement poll.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
10 feet? I am skeptical. Is there a setting? Mine doesn’t turn on until 2-3ft from a curb or car front, which is waaaay too close for me.

The problem is that Ford doesn’t want to automatically activate the cameras every time you pull up behind a car in traffic. I’m not sure how you would make it smarter to only activate earlier when parking, but giving us a one-tap Home Screen access would be a start.
Yep. That's why I would like to see a customizable distance in the settings. Many people would get annoyed with the camera coming on every time they stop behind a car at a stoplight. But I'd happily turn that option on if that's what it took to get the camera screen to come on entering a parking space, or my garage. As long as it has a 1-touch exit button if I want to switch back to the radio or map or something.

It could have a nav override too. If navigation is engaged, that should take precedence. That would be an easy programming addition.

QuesoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e ER AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, way too many hurdles here. If we ever get a sentry mode (unlikely with existing hardware) it’s gonna be an added subscription. That’s why I dropped it from the latest enhancement poll.
I did not know there was a poll!
Definitely selected the heated seats as well as the remote start precondition (I thought that was a standard feature) and a faster charging curve. The "150kw" charging for like 5 minutes really shouldn't count as 150kw capible imho.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

Oh yeah not 10 feet, misread. But I think that much distance would be a room for lots of false activations.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Not to harp on the bad UI design, but…
1669243594374.png

Why are the frunk, trunk, and charge port Icons wedged up in the corner. It’s like they said, “hey this functional graphic of the car is taking up too much space so let’s put in a smaller non functional one with tiny buttons hidden in it.” “Shoupd they be centered?” “Nah just throw them as far away from the driver as possible”

Good god they can’t figure out good design to save their lives. Lol
I don't mind the size of the icons but for the love of god, please put them on the left side of the screen, closer to the driver. One would think that this is simple, common sense ergonomic design principles :(

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I don't mind the size of the icons but for the love of god, please put them on the left side of the screen, closer to the driver. One would think that this is simple, common sense ergonomic design principles :(
It’s the combination of all of the problems.
They’re too small, too far away, and too easy too subtly colored.
Why still have that picture of the car and not use it for some functionality.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
When I had a Polestar 2 rental, I really enjoyed their dedicated camera button.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 3782015D-C23D-487A-B4CB-3620AFB43A28
Sponsored