MrMache

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Mach-e 2WD Extended
Country flag
Just got a call from the dealer. They say their USB to Ethernet isn't working, and that it's a "special Ford one" so they won't let me bring one from work.
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got a call from the dealer. They say their USB to Ethernet isn't working, and that it's a "special Ford one" so they won't let me bring one from work.
It is not a "special" one. There are some that don't work though

MrMache

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is not a "special" one. There are some that don't work though
If things continue this way, I definitely see myself trading this car in when it is about to lose bumper to bumper warranty. Getting this thing fixed out of warranty seems inconceivable.

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
Just got the call from my service department that my car is finally ready to pick up. What should I be looking for on the software side to ensure this was installed correctly, and I'm on the current Power-Up version? What is the current Power-Up version?

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If things continue this way, I definitely see myself trading this car in when it is about to lose bumper to bumper warranty. Getting this thing fixed out of warranty seems inconceivable.
2 things -

The dealer I offered my amazon cables to today said they will not accept them because unless they came from Ford there is no recourse if the car is bricked during the update process. At the same time, there is no ETA on when Ford can give them the necessary cables to do the update.

Every one on this forum has a lemon law claim related to this debacle per the laws in most states. if you don't want the vehicle anymore, and are concerned about post warranty expenses in particular, you should consult an attorney.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I luckily don’t have this issue, but I think someone who does and is dealing with crappy dealers not willing to learn or perform a TSB is to absolutely email or social bomb every Ford executive you can, the stuff I’m reading is mind boggling how dealers can be this bad.

MrMache

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: just picked up my vehicle, and while they told me they could not do it because the chords did not work, my automatic update button is no longer greyed-out and I can schedule updates. Will report back if I ever actually get one. But they are supposed to call me when the chords come in.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Yup I like the car but didn’t think that getting updates and dealing with (or more like informing dealers) will become my side hustle. Annoying!

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
I am learning from this forum and passing it on to the service advisor. Of course they are amazed that owners know this much. Mine has been in the shop since last Friday. But finally this morning I was told everything else looks good but need to wait for the special cables for APIM, glad I sent them the TSB. Cables were supposedly coming in overnight from Ford. I said I have the cables if you don’t get it. No response/update later in the day. What a mess!

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Sounds good. I'm in South Florida and you're in Chicago. Where should we meet? /s

I wish it were easier for sure.
In Virginia. In my garage!!! ?

Js1tr3

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mme awd std range
Occupation
EES
Country flag
Getting a gateway error when I try to run the module recovery. any ideas? been banging my head for about 1 day. using a mongoose adapter.
Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 22-2117 - Fix for Stuck Power-Up 1.7.1 Update 1648695673887

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 22-2117 - Fix for Stuck Power-Up 1.7.1 Update 1648695639358

Last edited:

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
The dealer I offered my amazon cables to today said they will not accept them because unless they came from Ford there is no recourse if the car is bricked during the update process. At the same time, there is no ETA on when Ford can give them the necessary cables to do the update.
I mean that does make sense and I wouldn't fault them for this reason.
Sponsored