David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Good news that your car is with the dealer @David-HC!

Ive not had a chance to inspect mine but I did notice from the dealers photos that the access port to jumpstart to 12v isn’t sitting flush with the rest of the body work… I’m wondering if you, or perhaps @Wonky_Donkey @portlandg or @Smoothbond have noticed something similar? If not, I’m hoping it just needs a firm push back in.

BC9AB803-6B54-4AE5-BC94-DCB4C150C185.jpeg
Thanks @SJ_Okay

I didn't notice that - and having checked one of the pics I took it looks much more flush than yours. Hopefully, as you say, it just needs a firm push into place ?

Hope you get to see yours in person soon - and to drive it away ?
David

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
@David-HC and @SJ_Okay , will you be showing these photos to your dealers and asking them to rectify the faults as best they can? The one that particulary concerns me is how tight the NSF wing is to the front corner of the Frunk lid on David's car.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Hi all,

Like @Tony.T I should be chilling now, or watching the football ⛹️‍♂️

Instead I thought I'd post some good news, and some minor not so good news/questions! ?

Like a (small!) number of us here such as @Coolcatshaft , my car did actually reach my dealer last week ?, albeit just after the eCall issue. Given I was at the stage where I thought the MME was a figment of my imagination, I decide to take the bus to the dealers (yes, sold my car the other week ?) and have a quick look at the car.

Overall, looks fine after its very lengthly journey - but did notice a few things that I thought I'd highlight here ...... I should emphasise that my wife says I always notice/find the most minor issues so please treat my observations accordingly ?

1. Panoramic roof - the fit looked pretty reasonable all round, with just a slight misalignment between the left and right-hand side. The left-hand side channel gap was much less than the right - per the pics (apologies the magnification is a bit different but hopefully you can see what I mean). I'm not particularly concerned given it looks OK overall, and not as bad as some of the reported issues.

2. Rear boot/hatch molding - the bottom of the right hand side molding was not aligned against the rear window, as the left hand side was, and didn't appear to be attached very well. Interestingly I noticed this was similar on all 3 MMEs at the dealers. This is more of a concern as it could be easy to catch this when cleaning the car etc., and it might get worse over time. Has anyone else observed this?

3. Front hood - finally, the hood seems slightly out of alignment. There is a reasonable, consistent gap on the front offside corner, but the front nearside corner is very close to the side panel. The gap is very small. Slightly more concerned about this, but I assume this is something that the dealer may be able to adjust.

So, in summary, I am probably being a bit pernickety - what do you think? ?

Notwithstanding, I am really looking forward to picking this up, hopefully in about a week's time if all goes well ?

Cheers,
David

PS: England are 0-0 at half time - I think I'll risk watching the second half now ?

MME Rear Left Roof.jpg

MME Rear Right Roof.jpg

MME Boot Hatch Left.jpg

MME Boot Hatch Right.jpg

MME Hood Offside.jpg

MME Hood Nearside.jpg
I wonder if at 30mph will you get wind noise from the panaromic roof.

The gaps if you are querying them now is in my opinion a concern. It's difficult to be certain though just by looking at photos.

I bet Wonky after having his for at least a couple of weeks will have a lot more of an educated opinion compared to mine

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
@David-HC and @SJ_Okay , will you be showing these photos to your dealers and asking them to rectify the faults as best they can? The one that particulary concerns me is how tight the NSF wing is to the front corner of the Frunk lid on David's car.
Yep, I’ll certainly ask. After looking at other pics online, I see some that look like mine and others that don’t. For example, this one looks particularly bad…
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers E0711BFC-3CA8-4032-BD2C-8EF91CB870CF

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Those with their cars, do you happen to know the sizes of the storage in the centre under the wireless charging bit. From pictures it looks deep, long and wide, just wondered the size and what you have used it for?

Last edited:

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi @Tony.T

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I will will be now, following your thoughts and those of @SteveUk ?

That's why in part I wanted to share the pics - I really wasn't sure whether these should concern me or not.

Which is why this forum is so good - it's really helpful to get people's views, and you feel more confident in raising these kinds of issues with the dealers (who in my case, have been very good to date!)

Thanks again,
David

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
I wonder if at 30mph will you get wind noise from the panaromic roof.

The gaps if you are querying them now is in my opinion a concern. It's difficult to be certain though just by looking at photos.

I bet Wonky after having his for at least a couple of weeks will have a lot more of an educated opinion compared to mine
Hi @SteveUk

Much appreciated - I think I'll raise this with the dealers, when I see him tomorrow to finalise things (finance, accessories etc.).

As you say, it would be interesting to see if @Wonky_Donkey or @portlandg or @Smoothbond or anyone who has a real-life MME could give their views in relation to their cars ..... if that's possible ?

Cheers
David

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I always believe the idea was Ford wouldn't have issues like this as this is what they specifically didn't want as it's Tesla's weakness.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
I always believe the idea was Ford wouldn't have issues like this as this is what they specifically didn't want as it's Tesla's weakness.
Yes, I agree @SteveUk

It is disappointing - even allowing for the fact my MME was, I think, an early build (start of December 2020).

I am however suprised that the "additional QA" carried out in Antwerp did not identify these issues.

I can understand to some degree that they may not have considered the pano roof to be an "issue" as such (indeed it may not be, subject to any feedback on cars with a similar scenario) and/or have had a remedy other than for major pano problems i.e. to replace it!

But I would have expected them to have identified and made some attempt at remedying the front hood alignment and the rear hatch molding.

Thanks
David

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi all
So I’ve just seen today’s bodywork and panel questions … I’m now going to go out and take some duplicate pictures of my car for comparison so you can see.

BRB :)

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So bit of a pic mega post coming up here so I'll break it down into chunks

First off @SJ_Okay

The front tow hook cover - the tow hooks are used during shipping to secure the car to the boat. Quite often the load/unloaders just shove them back. I hadn't paid much attention to mine, but on closer inspection the front one looked fine, but the back one was all over the place. I popped it out and re-seated it properly and it lines up like a dream. I imagine any misaligned flaps like these are just due to not being put back right after shipping.

Photos below....

BEFORE ADJUSTMENT:
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6097

GIVING IT A POKE TO OPEN IT:

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6098
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6099

AFTER PROPER RE-INSERTION:

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6100

FRONT ONE:

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6089

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Good news that your car is with the dealer @David-HC!

Ive not had a chance to inspect mine but I did notice from the dealers photos that the access port to jumpstart to 12v isn’t sitting flush with the rest of the body work… I’m wondering if you, or perhaps @Wonky_Donkey @portlandg or @Smoothbond have noticed something similar? If not, I’m hoping it just needs a firm push back in.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6089

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Part 2:

@David-HC - these were your queries...

Front trunk alignment:
This is mine...

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6088
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6090

Rear boot hatch moulding:
On mine they both look tight to the bodywork - no issue with possible snagging.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6096
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6095