Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My one issue with your post is this part.
How many had a special webcast for the launch of the vehicle?
How many had special webcast on different aspects of the vehicle?
How many are launching tours across America to see the vehicle?
Going from ice to a BEV, total new vehicle.

I only knew about 3 of the 4 of these because of this forum. I have a reservation that's been converted into an order and Ford can't even create an email list to inform it's buyers of these unique ways to tell us about the car? I just didn't like that if I'm not on here, I would know very little about where my $500 deposit has gone.

Also the technology on that Mach E tour website leaves a lot to be desired. You can't search by zip code on the map and you're forced the manually try to scroll across the highway map of the country and try to find where your are. I have a hard time believing someone saw that website and said yep this is ready for consumers.

Don't take this as a knock against you or anything, because I'm beyond grateful for the information you've been able to provide. You deserve a raise and/or promotion in my book. I've never ordered a car pre-production but I get more notifications from projects on Kickstarter than I have from Ford.

I appreciate all that you and other insiders have brought to the board, thank you.
the one thing that I know for a fact is that the dealers are as blind as we are. They are NOT holding info back. They simply do not have it. I too have learned EVERYTHING about the car from this forum. I then pass it on to my buddies at the dealership. They are glad to have it. It helps them either verify it for accuracy or put it in terms that I can understand.

one thing everyone has to understand is that this new way of ordering is not only new to the public but to the dealerships as well. They are trying to figure this new way of selling cars as we are of getting one. It is this new network which will likely play into the Bronco ordering system. By then dealerships will have a better handle on how this system works.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
the one thing that I know for a fact is that the dealers are as blind as we are. They are NOT holding info back. They simply do not have it. I too have learned EVERYTHING about the car from this forum. I then pass it on to my buddies at the dealership. They are glad to have it. It helps them either verify it for accuracy or put it in terms that I can understand.
The guy I talked to today at the road show said the same thing - he asked what forums I was on so he could get the kind of information I had :)

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
FYI electric vehicle credits are worth more in CARB states so the easiest way to convince Ford -- and other manufacturers as well -- to increase incentives in CO is to have CO become a CARB state.

Also, and I haven't looked at this and not totally sure of whether the sale point is correct, but here is my guess: if the sale occurs when the vehicle ships (remember the Ford is selling to a dealer not a consumer), and if Ford needs the EV credits in 2020, then it has an incentive to ship to CARB states first.
Colorado is the 14th CARB state as of November, 2018. 2022 is full implementation.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag

one thing everyone has to understand is that this new way of ordering is not only new to the public but to the dealerships as well. They are trying to figure this new way of selling cars as we are of getting one. It is this new network which will likely play into the Bronco ordering system. By then dealerships will have a better handle on how this system works.
I currently hate it cause my dealer has been worthless on keeping in contact with me. I have to email a question 3 or 4 times before I get an answer
If this was really ford run then everyone should get the same emails at the same time unless it is specific to their order like build dates. I never got that price change email which makes me question if I have an actual order cause I never get emails from ford about the MME.
Only saving grace is that I never paid a $500 deposit so if I never get the car no big deal. My explorer is just fine for another 5 years

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I currently hate it cause my dealer has been worthless on keeping in contact with me. I have to email a question 3 or 4 times before I get an answer
If this was really ford run then everyone should get the same emails at the same time unless it is specific to their order like build dates. I never got that price change email which makes me question if I have an actual order cause I never get emails from ford about the MME.
Only saving grace is that I never paid a $500 deposit so if I never get the car no big deal. My explorer is just fine for another 5 years
Call Ford directly: 800-334-4375

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I'm doing my best to remain calm. I am excited to get the Mach-E and, of course, a $1500 tax credit feels like a big difference. But in the end, I get that the pandemic has played a big role in this. As my wife said... Think of the $1200 stimulus check I got as a partial offset for the fact I may lose a $1500 tax credit.

It's a good way of looking at it (but I still hope to get both)!
Although the $1,500 would be great, your wife is right. Since Colorado became the 14th CARB state it has become more friendly when purchasing EVs. I am sure Ford is aware of this and since there are so few of us, I think(hope) we will not be pushed that far down on the priority list. Time will tell. As always, it is better to know something (wishful) then not knowing and guessing. When my MachE is plugged into my EVSE all will be well (for the moment at least).

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well. happy weekend everyone. I'm awake now and had some coffee and time to reflect on some of the comments.

As I hear more info from ford is needed more for ford. I took the time to go back and read and look at many different auto manufacturers' launches of their vehicles.

How many had a special webcast for the launch of the vehicle?
How many had special webcast on different aspects of the vehicle?
How many are launching tours across America to see the vehicle?
Going from ice to a BEV, total new vehicle.

You have different companies trying to do business in each country and in each state. Each state has different rules with what you can or cannot do because of covid 19.

Some of the problems are on certain states' rules because of covid 19. Ford has had to change the shipping around to find ways to make it work. If some only knew part of the delay has to do with incoming shipments to that state. So maybe if you knew you could be upset with where you live.
You have states not letting workers go back to work while others could. So yes you can get this part but no can't do this. Dealers trying to show the mache have to follow the rules of where they live to show the mache.

So much of this is out of fords plan. I remember last week I was supposed to pick up happy meals for my kids on the way home. Pulled in and on the drive-thru said sorry closed for covid 19 cleanings. No warning no sign in the sky like batman saying we are closed. So now I'm supposed to be made and hate Mcdonalds?

If the mache was being built in North America the delay would be even longer. With the trade war with China. Going to Mexico with the parts kinda bypasses the delay there would have been.
Then when America was starting up Mexico was still shut down. Ford and other companies begged and pleaded with Mexico to get things back open.

Then there was a big problem with logistics getting the mache from Mexico to here with covid. Can't go deep into but out of ford control.

I get some people who will miss out on tax credit. I get people want the mache. When it was first put online said late 2020. Late 2020 is in November and December. With covid, I still don't see how ford is only a few weeks behind. Blows my mind how they were able to keep up as much as they did. The hummer supposed to have all 4 of the models done and ready by 2022 now 2024. two more year delay.
The plant for the ID4 in Tennessee is behind already. How much will that delay be?
Tesla well yeah tesla had delays on delays.

Your foreign carmakers Toyota, Nissan, Kia had shipments of cars, thousands on ships waiting to be unloaded for months because of covid. When they finally were able to get clearance to unload the dealerships were out of cars and no one was buying anymore. Toyota took a hit of over 41% in sales. A lot of those vehicles were just sent back to those countries and are trying to be sold there.

At the end of the day, it is amazing the mache is not delayed even more. There have been articles shocked how ford has kept up "ALL" of the production up of their vehicle line this year.

Another side note for you fellow mache fans. JD power report is done. Not fords fault it's not out. Jd power said it would take longer to release reports now. WHY BECAUSE OF COVID and they have people working from home.

Your EPA range well let's just say part of the delay on that also is not ford. But the EPA because of covid they are backlogged.

From my time spent in the military, there are a few things I learned that I'm grateful for.
Things never go right. Adapt overcome and move on.

I built a new computer for home back in May. Getting parts because of covid was a pain. You think with covid hitting hard now things are going to go smoother? One week my kids are in school the next week they are home back and forth. Sucks it is hard on me and my wife trying to work and balance family life. But adapt and overcome.

Ford is trying everyone super hard. They are doing a web series on youtube for Europe soon.
The ford workers in all the plants are working long long hours and hard to get what they make out to you the customers.

Just hang in there the mache is coming. I'm sorry this is not JG Wentworth I know you need it now.
Great perspective @trutolife27. You're absolutely right that we're lucky. I'm starting to get comfortable with the extra delay, albeit somewhat disappointed, and I'm feeling like it's realistic that I won't see the MME in my garage until January or February. I didn't build the tax credit into my withholding this year, so it'll be nice to have it in 2022, and it's not going away until Ford hits its 200K PHEV or BEV sold. My only wish at this point is that I get a Mach Drop build date soon so I can decide what to do about my Premium order with the 12/21 date. I've been looking at the pictures from the roadshow and I really like the IB with the space gray interior, which is what I reserved to begin with. I'm not sure if red painted calipers and some trim differences are worth the uncertainty. I'm going to be optimistic about this coming Thursday that maybe we'll all get the news we're looking for about the Mach Drop FEs.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
there is no way back. They process them with how shipping is done and when dealers send in the order. each week scheduling is done. It never stops unless no one is buying anymore lol.
Thx for the updates. Any idea at all how the machdrop FE upgrades work into that? Still no build dates.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
These discounts will work for the mache. confirmed
Untitledaaaaa.png
Update: busy day... reading posts out of order. @trutolife27 already pointed out that the Farm Bureau offer isn't stackable with xplan... Still, it's a nice offer and someone might benefit. Thanks for pointing out the different incentive programs!

Folks should check the fine print on these offers. Some of them can be combined with X-plan, others cannot.

Membership with my state's Farm Bureau Association is $59 for the year, and based on this current promo, grants $1000 off as long as you're a member for at least 30-days prior to taking delivery. But it can't be combined with X-plan.

Anyway, food for thought. Maybe someone else can benefit. It might net you a better-than-X-plan discount on a Select trim, for instance... Especially if you could somehow also negotiate a lower than MSRP price with your dealer, and low doc fees, etc.

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Also the technology on that Mach E tour website leaves a lot to be desired. You can't search by zip code on the map and you're forced the manually try to scroll across the highway map of the country and try to find where your are. I have a hard time believing someone saw that website and said yep this is ready for consumers
You might try again. ZIP search finally worked for me on my iPhone. It moved the map & gave me a distance sorted list. Of course it would have been better if it worked from the start OR if it had been optimized to show up when someone googled Mach-E Mustang Tour. :(

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your EPA range well let's just say part of the delay on that also is not ford. But the EPA because of covid they are backlogged.
Leak, leak leak! We will not hold you to it.
This Thursday more people will have their Mache build date put into the waterfall.
Is this via your dealer? Is this north american or just the states?
time sign up for that basket weaving 101 course
Course cost only $750.00. Just think of the money you will make selling your baskets ?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
We pay more than hybrids who pay more than ICE cars for registration
Yes. About $55 for an ICE in OH, $100 for a Hybrid, and $200 for any vehicle with a plug. PHEV or BEV in Ohio. Thank you Koch brothers and ALEC. And no, I don’t need another lesson on the gas tax and road repair.
Sponsored