Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing I hate but there are minor annoyances.

1. Can't leave the car in the garage unlocked.
  2. No dedicated dog mode.
  3. If my wife gets in the car first it defaults to her CarPlay and settings. The way our garage is setup, I have to walk around the passenger side and back to get to the drivers door.
  4. No foot operated tailgate.
A frunk button is no big deal for me as I rarely use it since I can't access it in the garage. Only 1" clearance between air dam and steps into the house.
Sponsored

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I find a few things randomly annoying that sometimes rise to the level of minor inconveniences, but I jumped on the chance to be an early adopter so I expect a few inconveniences. I "hate" nothing. I am a fanboy and think this is a fantastic vehicle.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Nothing.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
No offense @CarGuy11 but that is one weird list.

Here is mine, as somebody who has owned his car for two years.
  1. Relatively poor DCFC experience. There are three reasons for this. First, 400v architecture is too damned slow. Can’t fix that. Second, battery preconditioning is way too limited. Third, no charging speed info on the screen or in FordPass.
  2. PAAK is super flakey with respect to opening my doors. Otherwise it works well, but I HATE frequently having to push the door button multiple times or wait several seconds for the darned car to wake up.
  3. Suspension is too stiff. I wish it had a cushier ride.
  4. I HATE that I still cannot permanently deactivate the interior motion sensors. I have to cover them with duct tape. Otherwise every time I run into a store and the car locks, and passenger will set off the alarm.
  5. I hate how slow Ford is fix issues. We’ve been complaining about things like the motion sensors, remote starting to guest profile, and no FordPass frunk release on 2021 J1s for years and nothing.
  6. I hate that I have to tap into Settings to open the damned trunk from the driver seat. God that is so stupid.
  7. I hate the ugly top ribbon buttons on the new interface, the lack of a trunk button there, and the fact they use a house icon to open the app tray. That is just stupid. How does that make it through Ford’s design teams??

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE ordered
Country flag
Mostly that I don't have it any longer. I wish I could have kept it and also gotten the lightning, but it was not in the cards.

Also, the fact that I got 8 OTA updates in the 10 days leading up to me purchasing my lightning. That was annoying. All the stuff I had read about and was waiting for all came in one big burst. Then I didn't get to enjoy it.

MachyMikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E GTPE Nite Pony, 23 Bronco Sasquatch
Country flag
squeaky seats

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Reliable, predictable, and consistent software in the car and in the app would be something I would like Ford to address once and for all. And do so ASAP. It's annoying.

While I would like lots of little enhancements such as a power frunk, the actual thing that I wish were available to order is a hitch for a bike rack. I have yet to hoist my bike into the back, and I am really nervous about accidentally scratching the paint on the MME or damaging my bike.

I know aftermarket hitches are available, though I do not relish the idea of cutting into the bumper and facia underneath the car.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Nothing about it that I hate as I would only hate it if it left me stranded multiple times or something that far out there. But things I find really annoying?

1. No dedicated trunk button without digging through menus
2. DCFC performance should be better for this price range
3. I don't find the ride as bad as others have, but I would not have turned down a magnaride option on Premium, even if it was tuned towards comfort and left the performance options to the GTPE.
4. An extra 4 inches of second row leg room when the driver seat is almost all the way back would be nice. Would give up 4 inches from the storage area. Our entire family is tall and the MME is barely "good enough" for everyone, even then I wouldn't put the kids through it for more than a 4 hour trip max. We have the F-150 for any real road trips though.

Otherwise the car rocks and nothing above would make me get rid of it for something else except maybe a BEV Explorer.

MyLittlePony24

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I hate the wheels on my GT.

Dislike that the profile doesn't load when getting in the car sometimes.

Otherwise love the car!

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
I can't think of anything I really hate. Along the same lines, I can't think of anything I love.

It's an OK car but in my subjective opinion not worth a $60K+ MSRP. I'm glad I got it for significantly less.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Nothing I hate but there are minor annoyances.

1. Can't leave the car in the garage unlocked.
I leave it unlocked in the garage all the time. You just have to disable walk away locking in the settings. Instead I hit the lock button on the driver's door when I get out or use the key fob lock button.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I don't hate anything about the car, but I have a few strong dislikes related to it's lack of reliability
- Walk away locking sometimes doesn't work...sometimes does
- "Drive mode unavailable" bug popping up randomly, and switching drive modes
- PaaK sometimes works sometimes doesn't
- Profiles sometimes work sometimes don't
- Key fob is most often detected, but sometimes welcome lighting "shuts off" before I enter the vehicle
- The LVB system design. Primarily, the difficulty in accessing the LVB (damn you clips and the black-hole you fall into!). It seems Ford intended for the LVB system to be entirely self contained/maintained (cool idea!). Yet given the number of issues seen with batteries dying prematurely, discharging, or getting into a low state that potentially causes some instability (and no actual system errors popping up), something in that system isn't right.
- Having watched some of the Munro disassembly videos, the over-complexity of the cooling systems. Too many potential failure points.
- Can't seem to disable the internal alarm sensor permanently, no matter how many times I try to save it in my profile

Honestly all of these are minor on their own, but there's just a lot of these minor issues adding up for me that are somewhat putting a damper on the fun that I'm having every time I drive this car.
Sponsored