Yorknman

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
So I’ve discovered my IPhone 12 Pro Max doesn’t fit in the charging side of the mat. Does anyone know if there’s a rubber mat without the divider?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do you have a case on it? Others have reported that the Max fits okay.

OP
OP

Yorknman

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
I've given up on the charging mat....connects/disconnects randomly....super slow charging....i've just gone with a cord. Wish it worked better.
I put a cord in for now, but I really like the idea of wireless.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
While it stinks, you can remove the mat, especially if you have a grippy case that may keep it from sliding. I think other people have bought a mag safe charging puck and then fix that to where the wireless charger is using command strips or something and then your phone magnetizes and locks in on the puck.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
My 13 Pro Max fits fine in the charging area without a case, and it even JUST fits with my Vaja full wallet case (though I have to kind of squish it down).

However, you’re fighting a bit of an uphill battle, as the iPhone 12 series often drops charging a few minutes after connection, even if you’re standing still. It’s something with only the 12 line and it’s suspected to be the 12 line’s implementation of MagSafe. The 13 line made a small adjustment to MagSafe to address Qi charging compatibility, and my 13 hasn’t lost connection once.
So, in the end, you might find case or caseless isn’t going to matter much anyway in the 12.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My 13 Pro Max fits fine in the charging area without a case, and it even JUST fits with my Vaja full wallet case (though I have to kind of squish it down).

However, you’re fighting a bit of an uphill battle, as the iPhone 12 series often drops charging a few minutes after connection, even if you’re standing still. It’s something with only the 12 line and it’s suspected to be the 12 line’s implementation of MagSafe. The 13 line made a small adjustment to MagSafe to address Qi charging compatibility, and my 13 hasn’t lost connection once.
So, in the end, you might find case or caseless isn’t going to matter much anyway in the 12.
Agree I think it more a iPhone 12 issue than size issue.. They seemed to have fixed this issue with the new iPhone 13's We had the same issue with the iPhone 12 on a Volvo wireless charger Volvo had to do a software fix. Now it works.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
So I’ve discovered my IPhone 12 Pro Max doesn’t fit in the charging side of the mat. Does anyone know if there’s a rubber mat without the divider?
Cut the fence?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m on the “2 sided tape and a MagSafe puck” side of getting this fixed.
Magsafe luck chargers way faster than the qi pad would anyway, doesn’t heat up like inductive charging (wasting energy as heat) and it holds it in place better for those tire squealing corners. I guess if it’s winter and you want to heat the cabin via qi inductive charging then you may want to try to get the charging pad working.

OP
OP

Yorknman

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I’ll probably just run a cable if I need to charge Amber leave the pad as is.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Odd. My 13 Pro Max with the Apple leather case fits perfectly. Charges fine too.

yoozer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 CA Route1
Country flag
I have a 12 pro max with an apple silicone case. fits fine, just barely, but wireless charger stops charging the phone after a couple of minutes

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I have a 12 pro max with an apple silicone case. fits fine, just barely, but wireless charger stops charging the phone after a couple of minutes
I heard that a lot about the 12. I "think" they fixed it in the 13 - I don't have that issue, although I have to make sure it is seated correctly to charge. If it rests at all on that divider lip it can stop charging.
Sponsored