3/14/22 Build Week Gang

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
I have a signed order sheet with the original price (which he said didn’t matter). He said the $750 was accounted for in the price protection, which doesn’t make sense. I just wanted to get out of there with my car. How do I get this fixed?

June 9 (my order sheet): Premium 47600, AWD 2700, extended battery 5000.
Today: MSRP 49100, extended battery is also now 6000. So it went up $1500 base and $1000 battery. I was given a reduction of $2500 but the $750 is not accounted for.
Did the dealer sign the order sheet for $55,300? Can you upload a screenshot of it with your personal info removed?

Can you also upload a screenshot of the order sheet you received today with your personal info removed?
Sponsored

JoshV

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Did the dealer sign the order sheet for $55,300? Can you upload a screenshot of it with your personal info removed?

Can you also upload a screenshot of the order sheet you received today with your personal info removed?
Dealer did not but it has the 4-digit order number I’ve been using to track. I left out an upgrade and delivery above so it’s actually $56640. First image is my order sheet on June 9. So today they’re saying 49100 + 2700 + 6000 + 240 + 1100 = 59140.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/14/22 Build Week Gang 1558D956-5289-48A2-B351-01310F6A9A70
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/14/22 Build Week Gang 762C7D9B-97F6-4328-A8CF-8BEFEE1613A7

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer did not but it has the 4-digit order number I’ve been using to track. I left out an upgrade and delivery above so it’s actually $56640. First image is my order sheet on June 9. So today they’re saying 49100 + 2700 + 6000 + 240 + 1100 = 59140.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/14/22 Build Week Gang 762C7D9B-97F6-4328-A8CF-8BEFEE1613A7
Does your window sticker have the Active Park Assist Prep Kit? It’s a $325 reduction of MSRP.

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It has Active Park Assist 2.0. And the system is enabled.
The following assumes you ordered a 2021 and it was converted to a 2022 so you are eligible for the $750 credit from Ford.

I placed a 2022 order, so I don’t have all the info on the $750, but I think it’s a code that Ford can provide you with. I would search the forums for more info on this and contact Ford to get this code first.

Once you have that, I would go back to the dealership and say that they forgot to apply the $750 credit from Ford. Give them the code. Get the full name of whoever you’re speaking with.

If they won’t help you, ask them to call their Ford rep, while you’re at the dealership, and the Ford rep should be able to straighten this out.

If they won‘t do that, mention the upcoming survey from Ford. The dealer really wants high scores on that survey, and if you threaten to give them all zeros (or ones, whatever is lowest) that may get them to give you the $750.

If they still won’t help you, tell them that you will plan on doing the following:
  1. File a Complaint with the Washington Consumer Protection Division
  2. Write a letter to the Attorney General
  3. Write to AutoNation Corporate Headquarters
  4. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau
  5. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
  6. Call Ford and file a compliant
  7. Tweet Ford and @ mention the dealership about your experience
  8. Write one star reviews on Google, Yelp, and Dealer Rater
  9. Give zeros on the Ford survey
Tell them that you will include their full name on each of these complaints. Ask them if dealing with that is worth $750.

Good luck and please let me know how it goes.

JoshV

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The following assumes you ordered a 2021 and it was converted to a 2022 so you are eligible for the $750 credit from Ford.

I placed a 2022 order, so I don’t have all the info on the $750, but I think it’s a code that Ford can provide you with. I would search the forums for more info on this and contact Ford to get this code first.

Once you have that, I would go back to the dealership and say that they forgot to apply the $750 credit from Ford. Give them the code. Get the full name of whoever you’re speaking with.

If they won’t help you, ask them to call their Ford rep, while you’re at the dealership, and the Ford rep should be able to straighten this out.

If they won‘t do that, mention the upcoming survey from Ford. The dealer really wants high scores on that survey, and if you threaten to give them all zeros (or ones, whatever is lowest) that may get them to give you the $750.

If they still won’t help you, tell them that you will plan on doing the following:
  1. File a Complaint with the Washington Consumer Protection Division
  2. Write a letter to the Attorney General
  3. Write to AutoNation Corporate Headquarters
  4. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau
  5. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
  6. Call Ford and file a compliant
  7. Tweet Ford and @ mention the dealership about your experience
  8. Write one star reviews on Google, Yelp, and Dealer Rater
  9. Give zeros on the Ford survey
Tell them that you will include their full name on each of these complaints. Ask them if dealing with that is worth $750.

Good luck and please let me know how it goes.
That’s very detailed, thank you! My associate and sales guy were super nice so I don’t want them to get dinged if I leave a bad review.

2021, yes. Automatically converted to 2022 on October 1. Reconfirmed on October 23.
This is what my conversion email says (other people have posted the same codes):

To thank you for being a valued customer, we're offering you $750* to help cover any price variation for the model-year update.

Because you are a valued customer, providing you with the freedom to move and pursue your dreams is our biggest priority. We appreciate your patience and look forward to producing your Ford Mustang Mach-E.

*New 2022MY vehicles: $750 on Mustang Mach-E, Edge, Escape, Explorer, EcoSport, Bronco™ Sport, Ranger, Transit Cutaway, Transit Van and Transit Wagon. Excludes 2022MY Bronco SUV, Maverick, F-150 Lightning,™ F-150 Tremor,™ F-150 Raptor,™ Mustang Mach 1 and Mustang Shelby® GT500®. May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D/X-Plan eligible. Transferable within household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer's stock by 1/3/22. See dealer for details. Dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #38278 or #38276 and customer ID.
How sure are we that this email means $750 off the original price and not $750 off the 2022MY MSRP (at the time 48100, so 500 more than 2021MY)?

What I really don’t understand is why the manager was not letting me have what Ford promised. The dealer doesn’t lose money since Ford reimburses them for all these offers, right? He said that he didn’t even have confirmation that Ford would send back the $2500. That it was an incentive, meaning I could either have today’s MSRP and Ford Options incentive or the original MSRP and original incentive. He wouldn’t agree that a) the $750 was separate from the price protection or b) that incentives for how I pay have nothing to do with the order price.

P.S. can anyone who’s taken delivery in Washington please make a list of all the documents you signed? I don’t think they gave me copies of all of them (e.g. one was a power of attorney for transferring title or something). I was dumb and got wrapped up after spending 5 hours there yesterday and didn’t take a photo of every signature.

Last edited:

jcdjcd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium on order
Country flag
Thanks for the update @jcdjcd, it's appreciated. Can you explain how one can check BNSF, or help point toward a thread where that process is described?
Arrived in Fresno sometime yesterday. Once it leaves it has a stop in Stockton, then on to Richmond.

(This car will have spent more time slowly sitting/circling within a 200 mile radius of me than it did getting all the way from Mexico -> KC -> California.)

Puttyandnapalm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gladiator, Soon to be Mach E GT, Triumph Trophy
Country flag
Mine arrived at Dealer Saturday, but my salesperson was unavailable and the other sales people were non-committal about it being ready to go Monday.

The dealer is 4 hours from me.

What are others experiencing as time for the final prep/inspection time? Are there any major software updates needed that take a lot of time before I can take possession?

Aside from being excited, picking up Monday would be much more convenient for me with work schedule (I am also on deck for jury duty this month).

Is it worth driving up tonight and stay in a hotel and drive home tomorrow?

JoshV

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Mine arrived at Dealer Saturday, but my salesperson was unavailable and the other sales people were non-committal about it being ready to go Monday.

The dealer is 4 hours from me.

What are others experiencing as time for the final prep/inspection time? Are there any major software updates needed that take a lot of time before I can take possession?

Aside from being excited, picking up Monday would be much more convenient for me with work schedule (I am also on deck for jury duty this month).

Is it worth driving up tonight and stay in a hotel and drive home tomorrow?
PDI and detailing took about 2-3 hours following arrival off the truck. Need to go back because the front passenger door exterior button doesn’t work.

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How sure are we that this email means $750 off the original price and not $750 off the 2022MY MSRP (at the time 48100, so 500 more than 2021MY)?
That is a great point I didn't consider because I ordered a 2022 and haven't looked at the 2021 to 2022 conversion math in depth before. I have now and added the numbers below.

The dealer doesn’t lose money since Ford reimburses them for all these offers, right? He said that he didn’t even have confirmation that Ford would send back the $2500.
Ford will automatically reimburse the dealer the price protection money within 45 days.

That it was an incentive, meaning I could either have today’s MSRP and Ford Options incentive or the original MSRP and original incentive.
That is definitely not true. Price protection and Ford Options are not depdendant on each other. You are eligible for price protection regardless of the Ford Options rate and incentive date.

He wouldn’t agree that a) the $750 was separate from the price protection or b) that incentives for how I pay have nothing to do with the order price.
Here's the math:

2022 Premium MSRP
$48,100.00
AWD
$2,700
Extended Battery
$5,000
Protection Package
$240
Destination and Delivery
$1,100
Subtotal
$57,140
Subtract $750 Ford Credit
$56,390

Your 2021 order sheet starts with the $50,300 number. That's the 2021 Premium MSRP of $47,600 plus the $2,700 AWD, totaling $50,300. The 2022 Premium MSRP increased to $48,100.00 and the AWD price stayed the same, totaling $50,800 - a $500 increase. Ford gave you $750 so you owe $250 less for the 2022 than you would have on the 2021. We have to start with these 2022 numbers because your 2021 order got converted to a 2022 order, but this benefits you by $250.

What you need to focus on the pre-December price increase price of $56,390 (above).

After December 8, the price went up $1,000 on the Premium, and $1,000 on the extended battery, totaling $58,390. I'm not sure how the dealer is getting a $59,140 price.

The dealer did give you $56,640, which is only $250 more than the $56,390 above. Looking at these numbers, I'd say that this is a fair deal.

JoshV

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
That is a great point I didn't consider because I ordered a 2022 and haven't looked at the 2021 to 2022 conversion math in depth before. I have now and added the numbers below.

Ford will automatically reimburse the dealer the price protection money within 45 days.

That is definitely not true. Price protection and Ford Options are not depdendant on each other. You are eligible for price protection regardless of the Ford Options rate and incentive date.

Here's the math:

2022 Premium MSRP
$48,100.00
AWD
$2,700
Extended Battery
$5,000
Protection Package
$240
Destination and Delivery
$1,100
Subtotal
$57,140
Subtract $750 Ford Credit
$56,390

Your 2021 order sheet starts with the $50,300 number. That's the 2021 Premium MSRP of $47,600 plus the $2,700 AWD, totaling $50,300. The 2022 Premium MSRP increased to $48,100.00 and the AWD price stayed the same, totaling $50,800 - a $500 increase. Ford gave you $750 so you owe $250 less for the 2022 than you would have on the 2021. We have to start with these 2022 numbers because your 2021 order got converted to a 2022 order, but this benefits you by $250.

What you need to focus on the pre-December price increase price of $56,390 (above).

After December 8, the price went up $1,000 on the Premium, and $1,000 on the extended battery, totaling $58,390. I'm not sure how the dealer is getting a $59,140 price.

The dealer did give you $56,640, which is only $250 more than the $56,390 above. Looking at these numbers, I'd say that this is a fair deal.
Thank you again. $59,140 comes from post-December increase to 49100 base + 2700 AWD + 6000 battery + 240 interior protection package + 1100 delivery.

I can tolerate a $250 difference. It's a shame this is so complicated. Not happy about being denied getting both original price with today's Options incentive but I'll leave that be. I'll give positive ratings on the survey considering what you've just explained. Current window sticker attached.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/14/22 Build Week Gang Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.30.34 AM

Last edited:

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you again. $59,140 comes from post-December increase to 49100 base + 2700 AWD + 6000 battery + 240 interior protection package + 1100 delivery.

I can tolerate a $250 difference. It's a shame this is so complicated. Not happy about being denied getting both original price with today's Options incentive but I'll leave that be. I'll give positive ratings on the survey considering what you've just explained.
Right, yes - the $59,140 price on the purchase sheet is the $57,140 price plus the $2,000 price increase without the $750 Ford credit. Thank you.

Yes, this is insanely complicated and we should not have to do any of this on our own. Ford’s systems should automatically do all of this math for us so the dealer doesn’t have to go through this with you.

Anyway, glad that you were taken care of fairly by your dealer and enjoy your MME.

JoshV

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
On another subject, how do you all feel about the upsells? I was offered a variety of plans ranging from 8 year warranty to tire & wheel protection, dent protection, appearance/windshield protection, and others. Declined everything. What's actually worth it? I know I get some benefits through my insurance, need to dig into those. I was interested in doing some kind of ceramic protection or paint protection.

https://www.autonation.com/protection-plans/autonation-vehicle-protection-plan

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Sure. I found it somewhere but:

1. First you need to get your railcar, which Ford chatcan provide you.
    1. For sake of example: TTGX123456
  2. Call BNSF at 1 (800) 235-2352.
    1. You can talk to the prompt but I will note how to use the pinpad instead.
  3. Press "1" for Location. (Or say "Location")
  4. Enter the alpha prefix for your car. When keying it in, it is the number with the letter on it and thenthe number of its position.
    1. "T" is 8-1. "G" is 4-1. "X" is 9-2.
    2. So for "TTGX": 8-1-8-1-4-1-9-2
  5. Now key in the numbers for your car: 1-2-3-4-5-6
  6. If you have trailing characters, enter them. If you don't: #-# (or say "done")
I have tried this twice now but either Ford Chat gave me the wrong train car #, or this doesn’t always work as intended.

It says “load released Oakville, Ontario on January 27th”.

My car is coming to the Modesto area of California. Haven’t heard from my dealer in awhile and I’m getting antsy, even though the estimated delivery date is 5/5-5/11 for a 3/22 build.

mcrites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Rav4 Prime
Country flag
On another subject, how do you all feel about the upsells? I was offered a variety of plans ranging from 8 year warranty to tire & wheel protection, dent protection, appearance/windshield protection, and others. Declined everything. What's actually worth it? I know I get some benefits through my insurance, need to dig into those. I was interested in doing some kind of ceramic protection or paint protection.

https://www.autonation.com/protection-plans/autonation-vehicle-protection-plan
With Ford Options it seemed to kill a lot of the upsells for me. They didn't offer any.
Sponsored