3/14/22 Build Week Gang

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
I have tried this twice now but either Ford Chat gave me the wrong train car #, or this doesn’t always work as intended.

It says “load released Oakville, Ontario on January 27th”.

My car is coming to the Modesto area of California. Haven’t heard from my dealer in awhile and I’m getting antsy, even though the estimated delivery date is 5/5-5/11 for a 3/22 build.
It doesn't always work. My friend's railcar said it was released empty in Hidalgo as of last year. After a week he checked with Ford chat and it was marked as arrived at the unloading yard, and then arrived at the dealer a few days later. Basically seems like if it doesn't work then it doesn't work, but it does track correctly for some people.
Sponsored

avinator

First Name
Avinash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi,Mach E,Honda Pilot
Country flag
Is the certificate number unique to me or is it the VINCENT number in the 2022 conversion email where it says $750? I only have the latter.
Edit: manager is talking to VOPC.
You should get price protection and the 750 but seems that 750 cannot be added with X plan or A plan. That is what my dealer said and i had them with Ford Customer service and both could not resolve that issue. I am writing to ford about this as the certificate says its eligible with A and X plan. ITs something to do with goofy ford back end.

rdemner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I finally got a rail car number from the chat, but when I call in for the past 2 days, it’s says “no status update”.

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
While I get that producing vehicles at scale is complicated, what I don't understand is why in 2022 does a company like Ford still not get that the customer experience matters?

It's amazing to me that most of us experienced issues and inconsistencies in this ordering process, including:
  • Production - a subset from this build week got delays mid-line due to chip shortage, but others built later had complete vehicles produced?
  • Shipping - some shipped immediately while others were randomly held back in Mexico for unknown reasons.
  • Pricing Discrepancies - due to this franchise model of dealerships, many of us had different experiences with Price Protection, Park Assist Credits, MY Delay Credits, markups, correct fees for Plan rates, etc.
  • Financing Options - Ford Options was the most challenging as it seems most dealers don't know how it works (I kept getting lease contracts), which rates and incentives to use (order vs. delivery dates), and even which price to use for the residual amount with sticker price change from order date.

If this forum didn't exist, most of us would think our individual ordering/purchasing experiences were common, but the reality is that so many of the steps encountered issues and variances between this small subset of the orders placed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have my GT in my garage at a reasonable price. However, I still feel a bit cheated by the system that required me to fight for every cent on my invoice. And at the end of the transaction, I still had to give up (temporarily, I will be taking this up with Ford...but not expecting much) some items like the Park Assist Credit, Order Date Cash Incentive for Ford Options, Inflated Document Fees, Residual Value Amount, and corresponding Taxes Charged since it ultimately came down to some cost/benefit vs. time analysis.

It would be interesting to see who from this group also felt like they had no choice but to sacrifice a few items to move on. Did anyone else have to give up anything in order to complete the purchase?

My main point here is that if Ford is trying to directly compete with companies like Tesla, some major overalls to this customer experience are desperately needed.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
My car has been waiting on a truck to take it the last several hundred miles. My dealer has been receiving other trucks from the same spot and as I see F150s, explorers and Broncos get unloaded everyday I wonder if some of it isn't profit driven. Can the dealer prioritize the other cars because they are getting a higher margin on them? Could be one reason MME shipments are slow when there is such a trucking crunch.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Sure. I found it somewhere but:

1. First you need to get your railcar, which Ford chatcan provide you.
    1. For sake of example: TTGX123456
  2. Ca
While I get that producing vehicles at scale is complicated, what I don't understand is why in 2022 does a company like Ford still not get that the customer experience matters?

It's amazing to me that most of us experienced issues and inconsistencies in this ordering process, including:
  • Production - a subset from this build week got delays mid-line due to chip shortage, but others built later had complete vehicles produced?
  • Shipping - some shipped immediately while others were randomly held back in Mexico for unknown reasons.
  • Pricing Discrepancies - due to this franchise model of dealerships, many of us had different experiences with Price Protection, Park Assist Credits, MY Delay Credits, markups, correct fees for Plan rates, etc.
  • Financing Options - Ford Options was the most challenging as it seems most dealers don't know how it works (I kept getting lease contracts), which rates and incentives to use (order vs. delivery dates), and even which price to use for the residual amount with sticker price change from order date.

If this forum didn't exist, most of us would think our individual ordering/purchasing experiences were common, but the reality is that so many of the steps encountered issues and variances between this small subset of the orders placed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have my GT in my garage at a reasonable price. However, I still feel a bit cheated by the system that required me to fight for every cent on my invoice. And at the end of the transaction, I still had to give up (temporarily, I will be taking this up with Ford...but not expecting much) some items like the Park Assist Credit, Order Date Cash Incentive for Ford Options, Inflated Document Fees, Residual Value Amount, and corresponding Taxes Charged since it ultimately came down to some cost/benefit vs. time analysis.

It would be interesting to see who from this group also felt like they had no choice but to sacrifice a few items to move on. Did anyone else have to give up anything in order to complete the purchase?

My main point here is that if Ford is trying to directly compete with companies like Tesla, some major overalls to this customer experience are desperately needed.
I was buying GT from dealer lot and had to give up Ford options since Putnam Ford, San Mateo , CA does not finance using it. I even have to hard ball to get Credit Union financing ....

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Talked to Ford chat and was told:

"On April 28th, your vehicle arrived at junction point in Laredo, TX. Your railcar number is AOK 501651 and it's being shipped by Kansas City Southern Railway Co."

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Talked to Ford chat and was told:

"On April 28th, your vehicle arrived at junction point in Laredo, TX. Your railcar number is AOK 501651 and it's being shipped by Kansas City Southern Railway Co."
Mine arrived in Laredo on 4/25. I figured it will take awhile for it to get to KC, etc. so I haven't bothered to get a rail car # for KCS. Have you been able to track your railcar?

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Trying to figure out how to do that now.
KCS requires talking to an actual person I think, which is why I haven't bothered.

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IMO it's not worth bothering somebody to track KCS since the data points show ~10-18 days from shipment in Cuautitlan to ramp delivery in KC. Since we were all shipped out around the same time, we should all show up within the next few days. Other build groups had shipments around 4/21 and show Laredo 4/25 (as did some others in here) so I wouldn't be surprised to see the first few ramp deliveries tomorrow with some others trickling in during the week.

Kinda nice to see less activity in here since it means everybody's just waiting for the next step together. Doesn't appear that anybody got left behind in Mexico.
Sponsored