Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Ford doesn't let you order a $4,000 upgrade without confirmation due to a deliberately bad UI, then try to make you feel guilty when you call them on it.

Tesla Owner Who Butt-Dialed A $4,000 Upgrade Hasn't Gotten A Refund So Far And Tesla's Handling This All Wrong (jalopnik.com)

Clearly, Ford will need more time to get FordPass to embrace so-called "dark UX" models. Who knows how long it will take for Ford to completely, deliberately f-over customers this solidly? It takes time to get there!
Sponsored

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Ford doesn't let you order a $4,000 upgrade without confirmation due to a deliberately bad UI, then try to make you feel guilty when you call them on it.

Tesla Owner Who Butt-Dialed A $4,000 Upgrade Hasn't Gotten A Refund So Far And Tesla's Handling This All Wrong (jalopnik.com)

Clearly, Ford will need more time to get FordPass to embrace so-called "dark UX" models. Who knows how long it will take for Ford to completely, deliberately f-over customers this solidly? It takes time to get there!
Tesla has undoubtedly expanded the EV world, however there is a lot of “smoke and mirrors” when it comes to build quality and Auto Pilot...

phil4791eng

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Tesla has undoubtedly expanded the EV world, however there is a lot of “smoke and mirrors” when it comes to build quality and Auto Pilot...
How many Tesla’s have you owned?

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
When I saw my first Tesla Model S at their showroon at Danica Beach, FL (after visiting my family in Fort Lauderdale), I admired their engineering and features. But it is too expensive for my needs since I drive less than 300 miles a month (and I have driven even less) and it is impossible to buy a vehicle that cost more than double of my home!

After reading about their battery filres, due to the overheating cells and lack of protection between the thousands of celss in each pack, and the lack of a service center in my area (Puerto Rico), I decided against buying even a Model 3 because it is a compact, and I only drive midsized sedans and crossovers. I didn't buy the Chevy Volt or the Bolt EV for the same reasons, although both were sold here at the same GM dealer where I bought my 1995 Buick Regal.

Now that I read this post, I will NEVER buy or recommend any Tesla models to my family and frends here!

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Shenanigans like this and shoddy build quality is why I will never buy a Tesla. I love EV's but not blindly. ?

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Just wait until Ford has their own autopilot and they start charging $2,000 to unlock it. Their stock will skyrocket like tesla :p

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Wow. Some of the comments on that article.

But here is a really good reason NOT to buy any Tesla software add-ons to your car. I don't know if this is the policy still, but it is mentioned, you spend $8K for Autopilot, sell the car, and they disable the software to the new owner. So your $8K of money results in NO residual value.

Ford, I hope you are listening if we shell out for your new additional ADAS handsfree cost. Don't be like Tesla.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Wow. Some of the comments on that article.

But here is a really good reason NOT to buy any Tesla software add-ons to your car. I don't know if this is the policy still, but it is mentioned, you spend $8K for Autopilot, sell the car, and they disable the software to the new owner. So your $8K of money results in NO residual value.

Ford, I hope you are listening if we shell out for your new additional ADAS handsfree cost. Don't be like Tesla.
The true nature of Tesla is coming out. Greedy, power hungry company. They have tried to even dissuade right to repair law if you are familiar with rich rebuilds on youtube. They have some evil ways of operating.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
I don't know if this is the policy still, but it is mentioned, you spend $8K for Autopilot, sell the car, and they disable the software to the new owner.
That may have once been true about Enhanced Autopilot or whatever it was called, but the $8K FSD package is tied to the VIN. If you sell, your buyer will get it. Also, if you buy it for an older vehicle (to some limit I'm sure, but certainly a several years old), that $8K also buys a hardware upgrade.

The bigger complaint I usually see on Tesla forums is that FSD doesn't stay with the buyer. If you replace your car with another Tesla, you don't keep FSD (because as mentioned it goes with the VIN).

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
That may have once been true about Enhanced Autopilot or whatever it was called, but the $8K FSD package is tied to the VIN. If you sell, your buyer will get it. Also, if you buy it for an older vehicle (to some limit I'm sure, but certainly a several years old), that $8K also buys a hardware upgrade.
If you trade in your Tesla to Tesla, they usually de-activate FSD before reselling the vehicle.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
If you trade in your Tesla to Tesla, they usually de-activate FSD before reselling the vehicle.
I don't know how anyone could quantify that unless people built a database by VIN of what the first owner bought and what a second owner gets. That could be interesting to review if such a thing exists.

I do know that some used cars (trade-ins, likely) offered by Tesla have FSD included and others do not. If it says " Full Self-Driving Capability," it has the package; I presume the previous owner bought it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Another way the Mach-E is behind Tesla Untitled

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The true nature of Tesla is coming out. Greedy, power hungry company. They have tried to even dissuade right to repair law if you are familiar with rich rebuilds on youtube. They have some evil ways of operating.
It's pretty awful how Tesla treated Rich. They had the opportunity to work with him as someone who was passionate about their product which would have likely fueled a lot more sales as Rich's videos are fun to watch. Instead, they made the poor guy a pariah and turned him away from anything to do with Tesla.

Last edited:

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
Mjtee2 said:

How many Tesla’s have you owned?
He's being very generous to Tesla with that description.

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag

Well, I've heard that Tesla gave at least one Model Y owner a free upgrade to a "convertible," so I guess it all balances out. From what I understand, that customer was unaware that he'd even purchased that option.
Sponsored