Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
They used to run the coolant pump full blast while charging now it ramps up as needed.
Very interesting. I wonder what condition occurred at the factory to enable some cars to have different charging behavior than others? My car always had a variable pump speed while charging.

Really interesting and possibly a bit concerning that cars received a variety of different software loading errors. We have cars delivered with non functional LVB charging systems, missing navigation software, inop door modules, inop charging schedules, downhill regen thermal management deficiencies etc.
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I scheduled an appointment with my dealer yesterday to have the updates done, I was shocked at how far out appointments are?

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am not getting the roof or windshield done, but when I inquired they told me they are not doing them right now since replacement parts are backordered. Mainly if the windshield breaks you are going to been in for a long wait.

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 7.33.56 AM.png
Glass and roof are out 3 months here

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Very interesting. I wonder what condition occurred at the factory to enable some cars to have different charging behavior than others? My car always had a variable pump speed while charging.

Really interesting and possibly a bit concerning that cars received a variety of different software loading errors. We have cars delivered with non functional LVB charging systems, missing navigation software, inop door modules, inop charging schedules, downhill regen thermal management deficiencies etc.
Probably based on build dates as software was revised.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Probably based on build dates as software was revised.
I don't think so. We have cars from same rail cars where some have no return visits to the dealership while others have a variety of issues. Sounds more like a software loading sequence issue at the factory. Possibly related to the ramp up in line speed? It has happened before with other models.....
???
Of course we will never really know for sure. But the theory does hold some water when you look at the OTA issues and CSP calibration directive.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I don't think so. We have cars from same rail cars where some have no return visits to the dealership while others have a variety of issues. Sounds more like a software loading sequence issue at the factory. Possibly related to the ramp up in line speed? It has happened before with other models.....
???
Of course we will never really know for sure. But the theory does hold some water when you look at the OTA issues and CSP calibration directive.
A lot of these modules are pre-loaded with software before they make it to the car. They may have modules from different dates or software go into different cars even on the same line same day.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
They used to run the coolant pump full blast while charging now it ramps up as needed.
Mine was very loud before the update. Now I can't even tell its charging. I need to check the app to make sure.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
The sound did remind me of the coolant pump in my old escape hybrid (that I had to replace after a few years.) just a bit louder.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
As others have mentioned, my 1PD definitely seems less aggressive (I’m always Unbridled) than before 21P22. I’m using the brakes more as I adjust.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So I had 21p22 done yesterday. But it only took 45 minutes and I got no info on whether they even checked the 12 modules that may need to be programmed along with this. Anyone of our FDRS guru’s want to have a look and tell me if they need an update? I’d love to call the service manager and tell him that his folks did great. But I’m willing to tell him the f’d up again if not. (Especially before I take the wife’s car in or the update.)

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
As others have mentioned, my 1PD definitely seems less aggressive (I’m always Unbridled) than before 21P22. I’m using the brakes more as I adjust.
I wondered about this too. I noticed that the car seemed to stop more smoothly with 1PD. I still don't use the brake pedal though.

You know that last few feet when stopping with 1PD where the car transitions from regen to using the friction brakes. It seemed less grabby/abruptly stopping, more smoothly rolling to a stop.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
A lot of these modules are pre-loaded with software before they make it to the car. They may have modules from different dates or software go into different cars even on the same line same day.
Makes sense. Good to know.
I have looked at the as built software packages for several First Editions and they all appear as the same number but that doesn't really tell us much. They very well could have different revisions installed.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Makes sense. Good to know.
I have looked at the as built software packages for several First Editions and they all appear as the same number but that doesn't really tell us much. They very well could have different revisions installed.
As built just tells you how the vehicle is configured. That can stay the same even months later for the same vehicles. It usually changes as new features are added or changed.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
For anyone that’s had this CSP done, is the car much quieter charging at level 2? I know that was part of this specifically for DC, but I’m not hearing some of the sounds I’m used to hearing for level 2 now.

It used to be when I plugged my car in at home I would hear relays click, and then something would whir up. I’m assuming that was the coolant pump for the batteries. Now when plug in I hear the relays click, but no whiring. I just hear a faint hum.

This could be normal post update, but I wasn’t sure. I’m in the north in an insulated but not heated garage, so no need to cool the batteries. Also, my dealer only did half of the CSP, so I don’t know if this is a result of that.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Same here as noted by helpful forum member the car now adjusts coolant pump usage as necessary instead of running it full speed whenever plugged in.

I noticed my app told me today that the power up 2.1.0 update that I had previously received was “installed” again 24 hrs after the dealer updates.

For anyone that’s had this CSP done, is the car much quieter charging at level 2? I know that was part of this specifically for DC, but I’m not hearing some of the sounds I’m used to hearing for level 2 now.

It used to be when I plugged my car in at home I would hear relays click, and then something would whir up. I’m assuming that was the coolant pump for the batteries. Now when plug in I hear the relays click, but no whiring. I just hear a faint hum.

This could be normal post update, but I wasn’t sure. I’m in the north in an insulated but not heated garage, so no need to cool the batteries. Also, my dealer only did half of the CSP, so I don’t know if this is a result of that.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
They are making appointments into mid March here- dealer stated they do 2 a week, and have been doing so since November.

Glass and roof are out 3 months here
Sponsored