Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.
Can you provide any info on the logic Ford has adopted to maintain the 12V and what best practices are? Is there any state we should avoid right now?

The private stuff has not been really helpful to date. At least the request wording is changed a bit sometimes. I informed my dealer you asked and I could contact thru this lines if required. Assuming what you know they do.
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Lately I have been getting this screen when I start my Mach E. 3 out of the last 4 starts. Has anyone else seen this or can you offer any insight. Could the 12 volt battery be having problems

28C230E0-63A1-42C0-B4F5-6DC3EB320EC7.jpeg
Is especially odd that it shows up when turning on the vehicle. Have seen it too. Why are you giving this message when I am just now turning you on...

If you see it when shutting off the vehicle, make sure you don't have your foot on the break.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you turn on the mache it takes a couple seconds to turn on the charger. This is why the low 12 volt messages comes on at power up.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
::::Update:::: A new 12V battery has been installed and all the codes/lights are still showing so it did NOT fix the problem. Ford support has opened a case and is in direct contact with the dealership, hopefully will know more in the next day or two of what is to happen going forward.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Still waiting for a diagnosis from the dealership ours was towed to after shutting down on the interstate with no restart and dead 12v. The tech that looked at it and started on it 'called out sick' yesterday and no update today.... This was the codes shown right before it shut down, just at a loss of words now

sfdsafd.JPG
Most of the codes here are pretty common, but I found these two codes for the SOBDM to be the most interesting. These codes say there may be a wiring issue or a bad SOBDM (SECONDARY ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTIC CONTROL MODULE A).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dead MME ! 1641255863639

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dead MME ! 1641255941685

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
::::Update:::: A new 12V battery has been installed and all the codes/lights are still showing so it did NOT fix the problem. Ford support has opened a case and is in direct contact with the dealership, hopefully will know more in the next day or two of what is to happen going forward.
Have them check the High Voltage Battery Regulator. That seems to have solved the issue with mine for the past week and a half.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most of the codes here are pretty common, but I found these two codes for the SOBDM to be the most interesting. These codes say there may be a wiring issue or a bad SOBDM (SECONDARY ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTIC CONTROL MODULE A).

1641255863639.png

1641255941685.png
I read all of the TSB's from the service portal and saw that as well. Most of these codes all started after the major update was done the week before.

Even after the new battery was connected, the DTC was not uploaded, states *Payload Not Received for Current Day. This has been the same notice since 12/25.

I am thinking this is a software/hardware issue. Either the software not installing correctly and a good module, a bad module and bad software or correct software but bad module.

I think its a combo and obviously since it is
Have them check the High Voltage Battery Regulator. That seems to have solved the issue with mine for the past week and a half.
Thanks for that advice. I will be sure to pass the info along. Its 5:28 here on the west coast and I did not get a call from the rep as she said she would today, so it might be tomorrow that I hear from them. Both the service writer and the rep at Ford have been in contact with us which has been promising.

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
What a great find! I just ordered it! At least it gives me some assurance about 12V condition since it seems this is an ongoing problem that continues to be corrected.

Perfect!
I, too, got one of these. Pretty nice. Battery voltage seems to be all over the place, but as long as it stays above 12, I’m more confident.
Don. Central VA. Maybe the only MME out here !

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Got my MME day before Xgiving and it's been fine for 900 miles. Yesterday Fordpass said something about lights being left on reducing range. Of course the lights weren't left on. It sat on charge overnight and at last contact showed 100%, 251 miles. An hour ago it appears to be completely dead. Only a faint blink of an LED when I tap the doorpost. Now waiting for tow company. Is this a unique situation>
Don
Good morning, Don! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this Mach-E charging concern for you on my end. Thanks!

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update! Sadly, as of today we still have not gotten an answer of what exactly is wrong. 12V battery was replaced and they are going to reprogram all possible modules and update everything again to see if that changes anything. Still in a rental, but fully being taken care of by Ford. Nothing has been transmitted to Fords PTS system with DTC/VHA codes since 12/24 :(

515153.JPG

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE:

Ford was able to assist the techs working on ours to determine the High-voltage fuse box and battery energy control module needing replacement. No eta. on dates of when parts will be in and when it will be fixed. This Friday will be 4 full weeks since the breakdown.

:(

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I finally have the tech notes of what they found with our MME.

406 10B687 CC 42 VERIFY CUSTOMERS CONCERN VEHICLE HAD NO POWER 12V BATTERY DEAD. LOAD TEST BATTERY WITH DCA 8000 BATTERY FAILED 312C4XXXXXXD PERFORMED BATTERY REPLCEMENT AND RETEST

FOUND U0594 IN BECM, P0DA8 IN SOBDMB, P0D2D, P1A10, U351B,U351F IN SOBDMC. PERFORMED HOTLINE CONTACT PERFORMED PPT CH AND PPT R, RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE. HOTLINE CALL FROM BRENT. FOUND P0AA2 IN VEHICLE HISTORY. PER HOTLINE. LOWERED BATTERY PACK. PERFORMED HIGH VOLTAGE JUNCTION BOX AND BECM REPLACEMENT. PERFORMED BATTERY LEAK TEST-PASS. REINSTALLED BATTERY PACK. PERFORMED REPROGRAMMING AND COOLANT FILL PROCEDURE. CLEARED ALL CODES VEHICLE NOW RUNS AS DESIGNED.

$2,650.50 for parts/labor of 7 hours plus$500 of rental car fees. Was out of service for exactly 4 weeks.
Sponsored