Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I see but I'm not a drag strip fan and don't care if o-60 is under 4 or 6 seconds. I'm more into range and charging efficiency.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see but I'm not a drag strip fan and don't care if o-60 is under 4 or 6 seconds. I'm more into range and charging efficiency.
Same here. As long as makes it up the onramp nicely for my drive to Costco, that's enough 0-60 for my needs. ?

Not that I won't enjoy the extra pep. Every extra perk is nice. I'm actually looking more forward to the instant torque without that notorious ICE delay when giving it gas.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I think you're inferring that ongoing, rapid advancements have caused quicker than typical devaluation of the i3 and Bolt that you have leased.

How was this accounted for by the lease terms? In other words, did the manufacturer or dealer predict the low residual and thus your total outlay was higher than for an equivalently priced ICE car (after accounting for tax incentives)? Or did you make out well financially because for some reason, they're assuming a high residual?
I feel we’ve been lucky so far with the arrogance of automakers in thinking their product is the next big thing. Both the BMW and the BoltEV were both 60% residuals and on the Bolt I believe it was a 0.00059ish money factor.

That said I think Chevy is currently eating some losses on the Bolts. My residual is definitely higher than the price of the same model year and trim level sitting on a Chevy lot.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Short commute, use of ICE for longer trips/vacation., no real need for public charging makes one think why spend the extra cash for the Mach E when the Bolt will do the same thing for short distance commutes. No need for AWD option?
The Bolt has been a good little car but there are definitely some annoyances when it comes to build quality, interior finishings, cargo space, and other little things. Honestly if Chevy announced a new Bolt with similar interior quality and infotainment system as the MachE I wouldn’t be giving the MachE so much consideration.

Lease up in November and a fairly low reservation number and good chance at taking advantage of the EV credit mean I could potentially get into the MachE for not too much more than the Bolt (depending on the rest of Ford’s lease program).

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think in OR you have access to both the Kona Electric and the Niro EV. If AWD doesn't matter to you and the $ savings does, then one of the Korean EVs isn't a bad way to go if it's to be used in town with minimal road tripping (77kW max charge rate).

It was fun spinning out the Niro EV's tires at 20mph on dry pavement when I floored it but it also illustrated to me just how vital AWD is on Seattle's hilly wet streets. The Mach-E is also just so much cooler looking than the Koreans.

@AndyS_OSU, Used Bolt EVs are surprisingly pricey despite the price drop on new ones (Chevy dealer reached out to me this week with a 2020 Bolt EV LT for $26k). GM really doesn't seem to be trying with their EV offerings. It's a bit baffling.

2021 Chevy Bolt EV
2021-chevrolet-bolt-euv-prototype-103-1558452484.jpg

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yup, I agree on range for the most part.

I'm just telling you, for the Korean twins, they put out almost 300ftlbs of torque on skinny eco tires. They need AWD to take advantage of the EV drivetrain. Sitting at a 10% grade at a stoplight when it's raining in Seattle, the tires spin out easily for any fwd car. I see/hear it daily man with fossil cars with just a fraction of the power the Kona Electric and Niro EV have.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I spun out the regular hybrid Ioniq the first time I test drove one. On completely flat road, accelerating into a turn to get to a highway on ramp. I think it's just the tires and how they've mapped the accelerator pedal. Probably one of the ways they get such great MPG -- force drivers to be very light footed. :)

StarWarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium ER AWD White
Country flag
I looked at a Kona last weekend and the dealer was asking over $50k on the sticker... I laugh my way off the lot.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Does anybody know about the capabilities of Sema Connect? Where my son goes to college, they just installed six of them. Below is the spec. How fast will this charge to 80% from say 10%?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Deciding between a standard or extended range battery Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.42.54 AM

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does anybody know about the capabilities of Sema Connect? Where my son goes to college, they just installed six of them. Below is the spec. How fast will this charge to 80% from say 10%?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Deciding between a standard or extended range battery Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.42.54 AM
The sheet says 7.2kW so on an ER battery, going from 10% -> 80% will be about 60-70kWh of energy (depending on the buffer). Figure about 8-10 hours.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
The sheet says 7.2kW so on an ER battery, going from 10% -> 80% will be about 60-70kWh of energy (depending on the buffer). Figure about 8-10 hours.
Ooo. Not too fast then. That trip at 180 miles one way, was influencing whether to get an AWD SR or ER. That is not a great situation for having to charge that long over night.
Sponsored