Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wonder what counts as a “newer“ car. I was built last week December. Sat in Mexico (for QA?, this issue, ?) until last week. Wonder if dealers will ensure this is all updated or if they’ll wait for it to break?
I think any December car may be suspect. Mine was built 22 December. However if yours has been sitting this long they may have put the new software on it.
Sponsored

tomking29

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Good news: I spoke with a member of the Ford engineering team. They believe that the software package in the newer cars eliminates this problem and mine will be getting this upgrade. They are working toward having this available as an OTA update for those cars potentially affected. Since they don't have it ready as an OTA yet, they are loading it on Marlin by wire. They are also installing some enhanced data collection to monitor it. Ford hopes to have Marlin ready for me to pick up this afternoon. ?

I also raised the issue that we need easier access to the jump connector points. They are considering that as well -- no promises.
I think we all felt the pain for you. Happy to see they got to the bottom of it!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good news: I spoke with a member of the Ford engineering team. They believe that the software package in the newer cars eliminates this problem and mine will be getting this upgrade. They are working toward having this available as an OTA update for those cars potentially affected. Since they don't have it ready as an OTA yet, they are loading it on Marlin by wire. They are also installing some enhanced data collection to monitor it. Ford hopes to have Marlin ready for me to pick up this afternoon. ?

I also raised the issue that we need easier access to the jump connector points. They are considering that as well -- no promises.
I'm afraid something still isn't right. Koons called me that they were buttoning up my Mach E and I should pick it up at 5:30. When I arrived, it wasn’t out front yet and the service manager checked. It turns out everything seemed fine but when they started to drive it around it put itself in Park and wouldn’t come out. I didn't see the screens so I'm not sure what messages, if any were displayed.

Sigh.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
UPDATE: I was the first person at the dealership this morning for their service team to look at the vehicle. They were able to look up the vehicle diagnostics and see that there was a power train fault. Their first instinct was the 12v battery. They pulled it and ran tests on the 12v battery and said it came back fine. They put it back in and took it for a drive. No issues. So, they gave me my keys and off I went.
Unfortunately, the dealerships are way behind the curve on this. Your situation suggests that in fact the LVB was given some charge from the HVB at some point; there is no other logical explanation how the LVB could suddenly have had a full charge. Others have had the same experience, so clearly it is a little more complicated.

I would appreciate if my salesman had the same basic knowledge I do.
When I took delivery, the salesman asked me if I wanted help setting up my car. The Finance manager who was standing next to him turned and said "I'm pretty sure he knows a lot more about the car then either of us". Thanks to this forum I certainly did.

Or maybe the DC-DC converter software is the culprit in both cases, and a software fix will resolve both, which is possible.
Exactly why it's not time to press the panic button. Let's see how it plays out.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Doubtful. Ford engineering identified a need for shooters

I'm afraid something still isn't right. Koons called me that they were buttoning up my Mach E and I should pick it up at 5:30. When I arrived, it wasn’t out front yet and the service manager checked. It turns out everything seemed fine but when they started to drive it around it put itself in Park and wouldn’t come out. I didn't see the screens so I'm not sure what messages, if any were displayed.

Sigh.
nuts

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Lately for some reason folks keep responding to old posts, long after those statements have been updated. :D
Updated multiple times, and we've been very on topic too so its not an excuse

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. it's worse when you think it's resolved and then it's not. But better they found it before you were on your way or home.
No worse than it is coming ......... no it is going to a speedway. Mark can handle it.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Updated multiple times, and we've been very on topic too so its not an excuse
...but most importantly is the 12 V battery an AGM? :cool: