TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
My recollection was the super-capacitor was so someone could get out of the car if there was no power to open the doors.
The door has a cable release if you are inside the car. As you open the door, you pull the door lever only about half-way and that engages the electric opener. If you continue pulling it *all* the way it engages a cable that releases the door.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The door has a cable release if you are inside the car. As you open the door, you pull the door lever only about half-way and that engages the electric opener. If you continue pulling it *all* the way it engages a cable that releases the door.
Some owners have reported that only applies to the front doors.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't know what to say anymore, this is just silly now. They thought you in C++ to be careful with circular loops cause there might be no exit. I think I am in one now
I am not to sure about C++ but in the 80's we used to send the main frame into never ending do loops with Fortran it see what would happen. So is the battery glass mat or what? ? Laughter not anger is the best medicine. Especially when neither will effect the out come. My car is still alive but the map in the app says it is no longer out my back door. Says it is at my dealers and is pretty precise. I can now track her (not the car) and know exactly how many stores my debit card is going ;). Just in this waiting room to find out when Marks car is done and comes out of park. I do not have a team of Ford engineers contacting me.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I am not to sure about C++ but in the 80's we used to send the main frame into never ending do loops with Fortran it see what would happen. So is the battery glass mat or what? ? Laughter not anger is the best medicine. Especially when neither will effect the out come. My car is still alive but the map in the app says it is no longer out my back door. Says it is at my dealers and is pretty precise. I can now track her (not the car) and know exactly how many stores my debit card is going ;). Just in this waiting room to find out when Marks car is done and comes out of park. I do not have a team of Ford engineers contacting me.
Ya it cant be a fun experience for you guys. Im also afraid that we might not get the same support since we are in Canada vs our U.C. friends but hopefully once they sort it out you wont have to go back for a while.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I don't know what to say anymore, this is just silly now. They thought you in C++ to be careful with circular loops cause there might be no exit. I think I am in one now
and there's no

break;

available to you here! I mean we talk about brakes but that's a different thing!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ya it cant be a fun experience for you guys. Im also afraid that we might not get the same support since we are in Canada vs our U.C. friends but hopefully once they sort it out you wont have to go back for a while.
Dealer has been more than helpful to date and they are trying their best. Just not working well when sitting and hoping for a simple quick fix. Software can travel fast hardware not as quick. It is a small big problem that can't be over looked. The power is there just appears directing it to the right place at the right time does not happening all the time.

We would all send the do loop from terminals out together until a rumor got out in the university that guys were doing this and causing problems. We stopped when that rumor came out.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Hey guys, I wanted to give you all a quick insider update. I haven't disclosed this before, but I do work for Ford. Not on the Mach-E engineering team, but I am in the connected vehicle space so the MME is obviously one of our main focuses right now.

In a meeting I was in recently, this 12v issue came up. Ford is aware that this is a big problem for you guys right now. They even called out this forum by name as one of their sources of gathering data on it (as well as data directly off of the vehicle of course). It was clear from what I heard that fixing this is a top priority. I can't provide any status on when or how that's going, but I just wanted to offer some level of reassurance to you guys that it will be taken care of.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Hey guys, I wanted to give you all a quick insider update. I haven't disclosed this before, but I do work for Ford. Not on the Mach-E engineering team, but I am in the connected vehicle space so the MME is obviously one of our main focuses right now.

In a meeting I was in recently, this 12v issue came up. Ford is aware that this is a big problem for you guys right now. They even called out this forum by name as one of their sources of gathering data on it (as well as data directly off of the vehicle of course). It was clear from what I heard that fixing this is a top priority. I can't provide any status on when or how that's going, but I just wanted to offer some level of reassurance to you guys that it will be taken care of.
That's awesome! Thanks for the update. It sounded like this was the case from ChasingCoral's experience, but great to hear confirmation directly from the source. Got a little anxious about taking delivery of my car with the original reports, but this is definitely making me feel better.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Dealer has been more than helpful to date and they are trying their best.
I would ask y Dealer if they will do a 'Frunkectomy', and wire in an electric blanket wrapped around the 12v battery (and on top to capture heat and let the sensors see the LVB is toasty warm.

If this solves the programming/charge controller error by enabling proper charging from HV to LVB, then the added 'drain' from the blanket should not be a problem.

frunkectomy - make the Dealer do it so they can report to Ford how easy it is to get to the LVB .... ;)
- elec blanket
$20 - https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Blanket-Tailgating-Emergency-Stalwart-BLUE/dp/B001QJQ22O/ref=sr_1_3

• Haha
Reactions: DBC

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag

Thanks for the info. Curious if there was any mention of the drivers screen buzzing noise that most seem to have, including myself.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Curious if there was any mention of the drivers screen buzzing noise that most seem to have, including myself.
No that was not mentioned. However, since they are actively monitoring this forum, I would encourage anyone experiencing the issue to post on here to raise more awareness. I know I would not tolerate that on my own vehicle. Ford really, really wants the Mach-E to succeed so any widespread issues will get high-level attention.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Thanks! Really glad to hear further confirmation of this.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I am having a weird issues need advice

1. I live in SoCal where the coldest it has been is maybe 40 degrees. not cold. I picked it up in LA and it said 100% charge and 211 miles on an FE with the extended battery. dealer said that it has to learn how you drive. I have now driven 300 miles and the most I can get to is 231. No where close to the 270. is this normal or is this a calibration issue?? Dealer is clueless

2. I got into my car this morning and new things showed up on my dash like the distance feature between me and the car in front with a blue line, 'get to close and it goes red. Have not seen this before. also ALL of my radio presets went back to factory settings. Is there a way to know when an update occurred???

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would ask y Dealer if they will do a 'Frunkectomy', and wire in an electric blanket wrapped around the 12v battery (and on top to capture heat and let the sensors see the LVB is toasty warm.

If this solves the programming/charge controller error by enabling proper charging from HV to LVB, then the added 'drain' from the blanket should not be a problem.

frunkectomy - make the Dealer do it so they can report to Ford how easy it is to get to the LVB .... ;)
- elec blanket
$20 - https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Blanket-Tailgating-Emergency-Stalwart-BLUE/dp/B001QJQ22O/ref=sr_1_3
While warming the battery is an interesting idea, Ford engineers have indicated the issue is not weather-related. I'm sure having the batteries cold (or frigid in some cases) doesn't help, it also won't solve the problem.
Sponsored