Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Cold weather is going to make issues with a 12v more apparent. Doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist in warmer places, just that the symptoms won't appear.
Exactly.
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
That would be cool. But I think I heard someone that has an MME say that the lighter plug times out, unfortunately.
Doesn't even time out: When you turn the car off the plug goes off.
I gave these comments an "Angry" response. Not because I didn't like the response. Didn't like the fact the 12v would go dead as soon as the MME went into park.

However, @machefan just posted some shots with the voltage being measured from the plug when the car was off. So maybe there is hope.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Doesn't even time out: When you turn the car off the plug goes off.
Will test tomorrow, but stays on after turning off, just didn’t test it timing out.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yeah - attempting to power on gives nothing but a series of service warnings and system errors and screen flashes. The FordPass app says it's now in deep sleep mode.
when you get back IN the car, do you have a voltmeter to measure the voltage of the 12v battery in the frunk? either directly in the frunk, or via a power outlet port? please post results!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah - attempting to power on gives nothing but a series of service warnings and system errors and screen flashes. The FordPass app says it's now in deep sleep mode.
If you feel adventurous and wanna take one for the team, do you want to see if the frunk opens by touching the wires in the bumper to a standard 9V battery?

Those wires only work when the 12v battery isnt working.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
This is what happens when you make a vehicle so quiet. I tried to measure the sound level. At the screen it didn't register on the sound meter I used, which means it was less than 50 dB. I have a better meter than measures down to 30 dB. When I get a few minutes I'll try that. It may measure less than that and I doubt I'd be able to pick it up if the meter is placed where your head would be when seated, even if the sound level inside the MME is 30 dB, which would be rather incredible.

Some people think if you can hear it at the screen then it's a problem, but that's silly. You you can hear down to 3 dB but anything below 50 dB isn't considered significant (hence the lower limit on the meter).
Sounds can be noticeable or annoying to humans, not due to the amplitude of the noise, but also due to frequency content and harmonic content. The field of psychoacoustics is a real rabbit hole, with many metrics to try and quantify sounds in different ways. That 3 dB threshold of hearing depends on where the source noise falls in the frequency response of human hearing.

Anyway, someone mentioned that Ford is monitoring this forum and noticing the complaints about the LVB drains. So, I would imaging they're also noticing and working on the complaints about the cluster screen noise.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I know the problems some of you have had have not been great. But ford is working hard and when you have people reaching out at quickly as they did it shows the dedication ford has to the mache. Ford will get it fixed and we can all enjoy our mache soon enough.

Mine is still waiting to be shipped but it's getting closer and closer. Kinda like the girl you waited and waited for her to be single again now she is and you have a date finally. Yeah, it's a good feeling.

OP
OP
tomterky

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
The same damn thing just happened to me. It hasn't even dropped below the mid-20s here, we just have a lot of sleet.
Welcome to the Electric Brick Club ⚡?⚡ . Sorry you're going through this. Pull up hard on the back panel when removing to get the clips to unhinge.

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
And strangely enough, we're back. I left the car unplugged for about 10 minutes, then put it on the charger for about an hour and tried again. Started up like nothing ever happened...

Thanks for the suggestions and advice anyways. If it happens again I will try to get some voltage readings.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
And strangely enough, we're back. I left the car unplugged for about 10 minutes, then put it on the charger for about an hour and tried again. Started up like nothing ever happened...

Thanks for the suggestions and advice anyways. If it happens again I will try to get some voltage readings.
What was happening before it bricked? Charged? Charging? Plugged in? Remote start? Paak? Fob? Etc...

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I know the problems some of you have had have not been great. But ford is working hard and when you have people reaching out at quickly as they did it shows the dedication ford has to the mache. Ford will get it fixed and we can all enjoy our mache soon enough.

Mine is still waiting to be shipped but it's getting closer and closer. Kinda like the girl you waited and waited for her to be single again now she is and you have a date finally. Yeah, it's a good feeling.
Oh no @trutolife27, I thought you had an ETA? I hope my dealers’s correct that I have indeed shipped and have an ETA. I know we were both parked in Mexico... for a while. (Maybe awaiting this software update that is fixing the dead batteries!)
Sponsored